Print Thread
Hop To
O
Ohlsen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Just checking the waters to see if there's anyone out there with one and if so how it's working, be it a 1B or a 1V.

Tom

GB1

O
Ohlsen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Must not be any out there yet, I guess...Tom

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd like to know also. I've got a very accurate Hawkeye in 6.5 Creedmoor and would love to get a 1V to go with it.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't seen one yet, sounds like it would be a great one to own. My brother has the 6.5 CM in a Ruger Hawkeye and is having a hard time finding brass, factory ammo being the only source so far.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I was looking at that this morning, will also be interested in any opinions on one in the 1V.

Also noticed the 1B is no longer listed. When did that happen?

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Grunter
Also noticed the 1B is no longer listed. When did that happen?

We were notified last Dec, IIRC, that Ruger had discontinued the 1-B configuration... Just today, I checked with my local gun pimp to see what they had in stock. They had a 2 1-B's in .25-06; and a 1-V in .22/250. frown I was thinking of putting my name on a 1-A in 6.5 Creedmoor.

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My A is a 6.5x55 and it shoots great. I gotta believe the Creedmoor version is just about the same. I took a couple whitey's wth mine last year. Very nice deer rifle. Don't get caught staring down admiring the rifle while on stand. It ain't conducive to hunting success. smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
O
Ohlsen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Midway has some listed....Tom

O
Ohlsen Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
If anyone is seriously interested I have a 1B(Unfired) with beautiful wood and a Clements Custom Gun trigger installed that I could part with. PM me if interested and we'll take it from there.

C
ctw Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Tom
Thought you were looking not selling. To bad you can't remove the quarter rib and put some decent mounts on the 1B I like the chambering. Part of the problem is effectively scoping the rifle.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ctw
Tom
Thought you were looking not selling. To bad you can't remove the quarter rib and put some decent mounts on the 1B I like the chambering. Part of the problem is effectively scoping the rifle.

What in god's name is wrong with the Ruger quarter rib?

It's worked perfectly well for about 45 years now.

Unless you drill and tap the receiver ring to get the rear ring mounted further back, I don't see how any other brand of mount setup would mechanically be any better.

Most of the non Ruger mount systems look like schit, are very expensive and work no better than the factory setup,IMHO.

Other than relieving the front of the base stud hole a bit to eliminate binding as the barrel expands when it heats up, there is not much that needs to be fixed with the factory Ruger quarter rib.

Last edited by jim62; 04/16/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim62,

It is the original design flaw - the "other than" problem you mentioned -- that spurs most suppliers, including Ruger itself which offers ugly extended rngs, to find another option. Carolina Precision and other custom gun makers offer some very clever but expensive fixes. Burris offers a cheper solution.

Ruger just keeps grinding out the same old rib but they never forget to increase the MSRP each year. Soon it will be 50 years old. The same business model evidently as the US carmakers had for decades. When does the "Duh" light go on?

1B

C
ctw Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks 1B said well. For my personnel preference the quarter rib will not allow the scope back/low enough. I really like the S&K mount but on factory bbl's it leaves several holes might be the lesser of the evils. My latest will wear custom bases for talley rings but not on a factory bbl. Maybe I'm alone but that would be the single biggest improvement ruger could add to the line would be user friendly scope mount. Maybe they could stamp the ruger #1 on the bottom front of the action?

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 22250rem, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,495
Posts18,509,124
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.