Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#5168236 04/21/11
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Can someone direct me to an online source for ATV tires that sell for a good price (CHEAP)? My 2000 Honda Rancher will need new tires very soon! Thanks.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sakoluvr, check with your local dealer, he may have some takeoffs that you can pick up for cheap. If your looking for a better aftermarket tire then try this site.
http://traxms.com/ATV-Products-Tires.html

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks AK. I thought about calling some local dealers. My last set of tires were take-offs, but from a local person that upgraded. Got them cheap, and already on wheels! They came off of his foreman, so they were a little larger than my rancher tires/wheels. I made out great.

I may start calling the local dealers.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've got a dealer in town that sells takes offs every spring, he usually has 3-4 flat bed trailers full of them they generally go for about $20 a piece. Did you put those 12" Foreman rims on the back of your Rancher? I could never figure out why Honda put 11" rims on the back of those things.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
If you have a Discount Tire in your area you can get about anything you want in ATV tires at a good price and you won't have to pay shipping.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Sakoluvr, check with your local dealer, he may have some takeoffs that you can pick up for cheap. If your looking for a better aftermarket tire then try this site.

The problem with buying someone's take offs is that they're take offs for some reason, likely their reputation for performance. Before you buy, do a little research on them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We've got a dealer in town that sells takes offs every spring, he usually has 3-4 flat bed trailers full of them they generally go for about $20 a piece. Did you put those 12" Foreman rims on the back of your Rancher? I could never figure out why Honda put 11" rims on the back of those things.
yeah. I don't get the smaller size. I really like the foreman wheels tires on the rancher

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gristle Head
If you have a Discount Tire in your area you can get about anything you want in ATV tires at a good price and you won't have to pay shipping.

I really like that idea. I have purchased a few sets of truck tires from them and they always beat other prices. Thanks for that tip.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The problem with buying someone's take offs is that they're take offs for some reason, likely their reputation for performance. Before you buy, do a little research on them.

The take off that i got were stock tires that someone couldn't live with because they were not aggressive looking and did not have fancy wheels. I don't care about fancy on my atv so i was a happy camper.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Recently bought a wheel and tire set from these guys......They were the cheapest I could find and their service was fantastic!

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
http://4wheelonline.com/atv/ATV-Tires.103558
I just ordered 2 ITP rims & a pair of Cheng Shin Ancla tires for the Amphibious 8 wheeler I'm building...right now the shipping is free & a supposed 20% off sale...not sure how long it will last...think I'm gonna list a couple of my Kimbers so I can do all 8... If you can get the size you need in the Maxis Bighorn, It's a really good tire...

ETA: The Bighorns are not cheap....Another tire that's not cheap but is getting a LOT of praise is the Interco ASX Vampire.

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 04/24/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess the OP doesn't need to worry about warrantee issues on a 12-year-old machine, but some companies may not warrantee the engine and drive train if wheels and tires are other than OEM spec. An FYI thought for those who may be interested.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Most ATV have a 6-month warranty at best, so not much of a concern.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sent the Suzuki motor in after the kids made the tranny "crunchy" after less than four months; I though I would get to it, but didn't, so sent it at around 8-9 months. I never even thought about warrantee. The dealer, however, thought he would try to have it covered by Suz. So we sent pics, as requested, from every angle imaginable, and including the tires and size info on them. Saved me $1800. That was a standard 12 month warrantee, and they'll gladly sell extensions.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.