Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Happy Easter to All!!

The next few days are going to be busy ones for the old Padre. Then again my dad who was also a pastor used to call me every Easter morning and ask me if I was ready to preach. He'd say,"If you can't preach on Easter, Resurrection Day you better go get another job." laugh laugh. I just heard about what a lady put down as a note in her Bible. It was written in Red a word from Jesus "I am the one Jesus Loves." Each one of you should remind yourself of that in this Holy Season. You can put that one in your backpack for life everyone.

God Bless to All and to your families!!
smile
Circuit Rider, Padre

GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Thanks Padre....and back at you. Check your PM's

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Will be there Friday,Saturday and Sunday Night Feeding the Poor and Homeless,,Been doing this with My Wife for the past 18 Months now Usually at My Church or Hers and it's quite an eye opener.

God Bless Every one.
Tnx Padre for the reminders.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am completing the RCIA class this Sat. It'll be my Confirmation into the Catholic church. Pretty excited about it, my bride to be and I can now have a Mass for our wedding. Good stuff

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will do the scripture readings at church tonight, run the lights for the youth passion play tomorrow night (I get real emothional about the passion), lead men's Bible study Saturday morning then just plain go to church on Sunday. I will get to have Easter dinner with my elderly parents and sister's family as they're coming to town. It took me many years to think of Easter in terms other than Bunnies and eggs but at 54 I'm slowly getting there.
God Bless

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Easter is a special time of the year for my family and I. Plenty of church attending during holy week for all of us. Then it's dinner at my mothers house with about 20 family members on Easter Sunday. Also an egg hunt for the kids...

I do have mixed feelings going into Easter this year. This is my first holiday without my wife of nearly 40 years, who lost her battle with cancer. If it wasn't for my God and family I don't know what I would do without them....

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
What ever makes you yang, I say. Don't forget April is the month for the birth day of Buddha(clutter, clutter)! I'd make a winky face but don't how.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by billy336
I am completing the RCIA class this Sat. It'll be my Confirmation into the Catholic church. Pretty excited about it, my bride to be and I can now have a Mass for our wedding. Good stuff

Good for you. You definately have to pay your dues to get married in a Catholic church.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No doubt, so far we've had 2 meetings with our priest, a 180 question online test which gets reviewed with our priest and we attended an engaged encounter which was a full day 100 miles from the house. The classes are 1.5 hrs long after Sunday Mass, for about 8 months, so it has been quite a commitment. I think we have completed all the requirements now.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya know, I've been taught and have always felt that its all about a personal relationship between you and God. Having said that, I hope that all here have a happy Easter.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Best wishes back at you all. I get to get up at 5am Sunday to blow up balloons. Going to the 11:30 service, then we are having dinner at our house. I work the night shift and have to get up at 8 and leave by 9 to be at work at 10. Looks like I might get a 4hr nap, but that's normal for me on Sundays. God bless , Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
A busy few days for sure but its a good kinda busy. He is alive! Nothing more to say.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 43 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,358
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.