Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I guy I work with had a meth head brake into his house and he shot and killed him.

So Joe is a sleep when his wife wakes him up tails him some body trying to get into his house. He gets up and there is a douche bag with a rock whacking away at his window. Now Joe is not much into guns but he grabs his 22 yells at the guy tells him that he has a gun. The guy just ignores him, he fired a couple of warning shots, the douche bag bails in threw the window and on the way in Joe shoots him under the arm pit. The bullets went in and into the guys heart and he dies.

Now the meth head could of just step a few feet over and knocked out the sliding glass door, but being high he took the hard route. Any way Joe is a really nice Christian fellow and this has got him all messed up. He has taken a extended amount of time off work.

We all told him he did the right thing.

Last edited by joecool544; 04/23/11.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Good for him. I hope it gets through it ok.

Dink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Too bad innocent people are put into that position but he did what I'da done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He needs to read up in the good book. It says what right and wrong is and as a man you need to take care of your family from the rif raf.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No telling what the druggie would have done to your friend or his family.You friend probably saved other potential victims from going through pain and misery.He done good!!!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
He did the right thing by protecting his family. He'd be feeling a lot worse if the scum bag would have done something to his wife or kids while he was sleeping!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would pull the trigger in a heart beat. Who knows how the mental part would go afterwords. Pretty easy to be a sideline coach, but I suspect I would have a hard time with it as well. Wish him well, he certainly did the right thing. My brother is LEO and when a deputy shoots someone its mandatory councelling. Maybe suggest he gets some as a precaution.

Salmonhead
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your friend did what he had to do. Prayers on the way for him and his family.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Oh he did the right thing all right. The scum bag just got out of prison a few months ago. and about a week before this happened the scum bag beat up his own mother real classy guy. All the LEOs are celebrating as this scumbag is finally off the streets.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'd love to get to the Pearly Gates having never taken another human life.

I've spent most of my life involved in rescue, FF/EMT activities but I know for dam sure that should the need arise I would do ANYTHING necessary to protect my family, myself and innocent folks from the actions of a criminal hell bent on destroying good people.

My prayers for your friend.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by joecool544
I guy I work with had a meth head brake into his house and he shot and killed him.

So Joe is a sleep when his wife wakes him up tails him some body trying to get into his house. He gets up and there is a douche bag with a rock whacking away at his window. Now Joe is not much into guns but he grabs his 22 yells and at the guy tells him that he has a gun. The guy just ignores him, he fired a couple of warning shots, the douche bag bails in threw the window and on the way in Joe shoots him under the arm pit. The bullets went in and into the guys heart and he dies.

Now the meth head could of just step a few feet over and knocked out the sliding glass door, but being high he took the hard route. Any way Joe is a really nice Christian fellow and this has got him all messed up. He has taken a extended amount of time off work.

We all told him he did the right thing.
He did. What else could he have done that wouldn't put himself and his wife at grave risk?

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
The bible is pretty clear on this one.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed."

You mentioned he is a Christian so maybe referring him to this passage would be comforting.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by fixitquick79
The bible is pretty clear on this one.

Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed."

You mentioned he is a Christian so maybe referring him to this passage would be comforting.
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish him well.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I think part of his issues are it took a little while for the scumbag to die, so he had to watch that, now if he used a bigger gun well scumbag would of died faster but he might of had a mess to clean up.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
All the LEOs are celebrating as this scumbag is finally off the streets.

That's good to hear.

Now just hope that he isn't hounded by some frivolous lawsuits from the guy's family, etc. mad

Sounds like he was 100% right, but that doesn't mean he might not be looking at a lot of hassles. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
All the LEOs are celebrating as this scumbag is finally off the streets.

That's good to hear.

Now just hope that he isn't hounded by some frivolous lawsuits from the guy's family, etc. mad

Sounds like he was 100% right, but that doesn't mean he might not be looking at a lot of hassles. crazy

Don't foresee much problem for the guy. Shot a man breaking in to his house. Law on that has been established since the dawn of history.

War Damn Eagle!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The original meaning of the Commandment "Thou shalt not kill", is actually "Thou shalt not murder". Defense of yourself and your loved ones is no sin.

Yes, taking a human life is a difficult decision, and a difficult act with which to live, but one that is justified both in the eyes of the law and the Lord. He did the right thing.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The scum bag had to know living that lifestyle, was going to one day, take his life. Your friend only obliged him.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Sorry I wasn't there to do it for him. No qualms in that situation.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 2UP, 160user, 28 invisible), 1,712 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,594
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.