Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
GregR:

GOOD ONE! Well, that's Texas for you�short and direct to the point.

I�m not a bad sort. I have plenty of friends across a very broad spectrum that stand up for my being a decent person; just don't make me upset. I hate seeing other people getting cheap-shot crappy treatment. At my advanced age (retired) I�ve hit more than my fair share of bumps in the road, too. I�m just passing on some places to ask for help. Still, I hold an advanced terminal graduate degree in Government, so I know what a painful nightmare the government can be when it is applied expediently. I�d give this advice to anyone that needed it, just as much as I�d give them the shirt off my back, too. I donate generously to help people in need and especially to U.S. Veterans all the time and I always expect nothing in return; this resembles the people who chat on the 24 Hour Campfire.

It�s sad when I hear about someone possibly being flimflammed. I rarely visit the 24 Hour forum to read about such happenings, and I�m certainly not a regular here, as evidenced by the many months� of late responses that I�ve had to give other member�s for PM�s that they kindly sent to me. Again, I apologize for all my late responses. I just lurk in the 24 Hour background on occasion, along with 90% of the people who visit the Fire.

I hope the �Last Mohican� truly does get the holster he ordered. I have doubts, but I still leave room for hope. My suggestions are meant to keep his hope alive with a few more options. In Vegas you need all the help you can get. The later suggestion by �GunReader� to re-approach the credit card company sounds good if it is still possible. Go for it!

Unfortunately Vegas con-artists work every angle. How many people get flimflammed by Lawman Leather? How many buyers give up and drop any hope of ever getting what they ordered? Research shows that few people will openly admit to being scammed. I�m guessing it�s around 100%. I imagine after waiting a couple of years (being a big red flag) that buyers don�t want to throw more money at a problem by hiring an attorney and ultimately then decide to cut their losses� all to the full benefit of the con-artist. Some scumbags do play the percentages and make you bet against yourself, so you can�t win, using distance as their defense. It would likely scare us to know how many people have been taken to the bank by Lawman Leather.

I do hope that I have not put you off about me through anything I�ve said. I simply try to help people searching for answers. I will kindly add this; my wife offers the same analogy about me that you do Greg. Maybe I need to calm down more in my old age �it�s a thought. Have a nice day and thanks for the laugh Texas (GregR) �you�re right, and that IS good.

Stoneman

...I spent most of my money on Guns, Women & Booze. The rest I wasted.

...I started out with nothing and after paying for all my hunting I'm getting back to where I started.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stoneman,

I'm with you 100%. I was just amazed at all the options you gave. I think anyone who crossed you would regret it quickly. Good post.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.mbogo.net
(281) 494-4151
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Stoneman,

Thanks for an excelent post,lots of good info for anyone who has been taken.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I got scammed by Henry at Great American Stock Co about three years ago. I bought a 96 mauser stock and it was inletted for a 98! Piece of junk...and he has kept my $185 using the same line of bullshit that the original poster's folks are using.

As he is in CA and I am in GA there is basically nothing I can do except rant and rave. I have contacted him on numerous occasions and gotten the same promise of refund countless times. As I understand, I am not the only person that he has taken to the cleaners, by a long shot.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.