Hop To
Page 669 of 1,842 1 2 667 668 669 670 671 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Actually it was all BS.
smile

SIL made it out on the river today. Caught 31 Walleyes and not a legal one in the bunch. I think I've got bronchitis so I didn't join him. Going to have to made a trip to the doc on Monday.

Way to go Joe.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll be getting a little of that walleye action next week Bill. I'm hauling my boat down when turkey hunting next week. I'm going to hit it on Sunday at least. Really, I'm going to try the boat out, but I can't NOT fish when I'm out.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Correction...I won't be getting any of that walleye action. I was doing a little calculating, it will be about $200 for me to tow the boat there. I'm not doing that.

I do need more fishing stuff though. I put it all away in the boat tonight and there is a whole storage compartment still empty. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well today is my first day of gettin dirty in the field, enough of that office and paper work smile
made it out to the site yesterday, and there is a LOT of work to be done. unfortunately daycare out here is virtually impossible to find and thats the biggest hurdle now. ran into a wiring problem on the house I'm buying, we'll see if the seller is willing to fix it, if not. ugh bad news possibly

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ryan, hopefully the wiring issue won't be a major problem for you.

Raining here today. Over an inch forecasted.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ryan,

Try to remember when you hire an inspector on a house sale, they're working for you. So, that means everything they find will be blown out of proportion in your favor (usually). Basic home electrical isn't that big of a deal but if it's serious, have it looked at.

I'm guessing they'll fix it, knock $ off the sale for you to fix it, or tell you to fly a kite, which may happen but is unlikely.

Have fun today, it's pouring here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
They gotta sell it to somebody eventually, which means if something doesn't pass inspection they fix it now or fix it later.

But they won't get away from it, so I don't think it will be a deal breaker.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You ever do something you know is stupid and probably going to hurt, but do it anyway?

I did that last night, and no I wasn't a 6-pack in either. smile

I was goofing around in the boat because it was the first nice night I've had off in a long time with no baseball or work. From the ground to the top of the boat, it's about 4 1/2 feet, so I grabbed a plastic "yard" chair and used it for a step stool. I did it a few times and it was pretty wobbly from being banged around in the garage and being overloaded Two Ton Tommy climbing on it 10 times.

I climbed up and SNAP! Down I went with my leg stuck in the chair bleeding all over the damn place from shards of plastic and me flopping around on the ground like a crappie, trying to figure out where the hell I am. crazy

My left leg looks like I pulled it out of a bear trap, cut and scraped from my thigh to my ankle.

I'm sure it was a barrrel of laughs for anyone watching the deal go down. I'm glad you guys weren't there, because you'd still be belly laughing, like any good buddys would. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That'll learn ya.

Actually you'll probably do it again, so... grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
There is 5 more chairs in there. grin

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Don't want to be a wet blanket but let me tell you about two friends of mine. First friends BIL was 8 feet off the ground in a tree stringing some wiring. Fell on his back and is paralyzed for life. Second friends dad used a three legged stool to stand on to fix something. The stool tipped and one leg went into his rectum and tore up his colon. He was miserable for the rest of his life.

If that chair would have torn into an artery in your leg........

Be careful guys.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Beargrease

Don't want to be a wet blanket but let me tell you about two friends of mine. First friends BIL was 8 feet off the ground in a tree stringing some wiring. Fell on his back and is paralyzed for life. Second friends dad used a three legged stool to stand on to fix something. The stool tipped and one leg went into his rectum and tore up his colon. He was miserable for the rest of his life.

If that chair would have torn into an artery in your leg........

Be careful guys.

Ironic that a stool tore up his rectum. grin

I apologize Beargrease. I know what you are getting at. But like Tzone likes to say if you're going to tee 'em up someone is going to knock them out of the park! grin

Last edited by Rooster7; 04/26/11.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by northern_dave
The wife & I acquired 50 acres of private wooded land in a fairly remote location early in the winter months of this year. 2 sides border state land that goes on for what seems like for ever.

We have prepared a building site & have started building our hunting cabin. 24 x 32 cabin with 3 bunk rooms, kitchen/dining area, small living room type area & an attached sauna room.

Sounds like a place my father build in the U.P. in 1999 same size almost the same setup. It isn't a hunting camp unless you have a sauna (pronounced sow-nah) lol. Northern Dave you must be in the Finnish-American area of Northern MN.

"To other Americans, sauna (which they often pronounce as saw-nah) is perhaps an exotic, perhaps a healthful, bath. To Finnish-Americans, sauna (pronounced sow-nah) is more than a bathhouse. It links past and present, Finland and the United States, Finns and Finnish-Americans; it is an ancient tradition and a symbol of ethnic identity."

"Wherever there are Finns, there are saunas. Geographers Cotton Mather and Matti Kaups used saunas as an index to Finnish-American settlement zones, the greatest density and largest number of Finnish-Americans being in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan where the Keweenau Peninsula and surrounding area is often referred to as the "sauna belt." Minnesota is a close second. Traveling the roads of Michigan�s central and western U.P., an observant visitor sees many homesteads consisting of the house and various small barns and outbuildings. One of these is a small, low structure, usually closer than the other buildings to the back door of the house, with one or two windows, one door, and a chimney. This is the sauna."

Last edited by Metsamies; 04/26/11.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rooster7, actually he ended up dying from complications related to that accident. So, I really appreciate your classy comments.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its a 600 fix, and then it will be up to code, so they have to now or later. I'm sure they will. worst case they knock it off the sale price, but I think they have to fix it before they sell it. either way I find out tomorrow.

by 9 am I was covered in diesel and dirt. spent the day in a tractor, it had 28 hours on it when I got it, still had plastic on the seat. it will be my ride for the next couple months.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Metsamies
The wife & I acquired 50 acres of private wooded land in a fairly remote location early in the winter months of this year. 2 sides border state land that goes on for what seems like for ever.

We have prepared a building site & have started building our hunting cabin. 24 x 32 cabin with 3 bunk rooms, kitchen/dining area, small living room type area & an attached sauna room.

Sounds like a place my father build in the U.P. in 1999 same size almost the same setup. It isn't a hunting camp unless you have a sauna (pronounced sow-nah) lol. Northern Dave you must be in the Finnish-American area of Northern MN.

"To other Americans, sauna (which they often pronounce as saw-nah) is perhaps an exotic, perhaps a healthful, bath. To Finnish-Americans, sauna (pronounced sow-nah) is more than a bathhouse. It links past and present, Finland and the United States, Finns and Finnish-Americans; it is an ancient tradition and a symbol of ethnic identity."

"Wherever there are Finns, there are saunas. Geographers Cotton Mather and Matti Kaups used saunas as an index to Finnish-American settlement zones, the greatest density and largest number of Finnish-Americans being in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan where the Keweenau Peninsula and surrounding area is often referred to as the "sauna belt." Minnesota is a close second. Traveling the roads of Michigan’s central and western U.P., an observant visitor sees many homesteads consisting of the house and various small barns and outbuildings. One of these is a small, low structure, usually closer than the other buildings to the back door of the house, with one or two windows, one door, and a chimney. This is the sauna."

I think I'm really the only one (perhaps) in our crew that really wants the sow-nah. grin

I've decided to build the sauna detached, and I'd really like to do it this summer, I want one out there bad.

Actually I am familiar with the Finnish connection, the heritage etc.

We built a wood fired detached sauna at our old camp on the MN iron range. But long before that I was first introduced the the sauna as you have just wrote about it.

Out at a finnish family farm on the iron range, the old lady that lived there, I believe made it into her hundreds. She had an old loom on the farm also that she used to make "rag rugs"

The old sauna was just part of the farm, just as important as any of the other buildings on the place, actually more important than most.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Them rugers must have a little bigger chamber?

The boy could use em up, or I could send em back to you.

belted magnums usually have large chambers,I would guess the brass is long.When you resize fired brass,it usually gets longer when you resize it.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You ever do something you know is stupid and probably going to hurt, but do it anyway?

I did that last night, and no I wasn't a 6-pack in either. smile

I was goofing around in the boat because it was the first nice night I've had off in a long time with no baseball or work. From the ground to the top of the boat, it's about 4 1/2 feet, so I grabbed a plastic "yard" chair and used it for a step stool. I did it a few times and it was pretty wobbly from being banged around in the garage and being overloaded Two Ton Tommy climbing on it 10 times.

I climbed up and SNAP! Down I went with my leg stuck in the chair bleeding all over the damn place from shards of plastic and me flopping around on the ground like a crappie, trying to figure out where the hell I am. crazy

My left leg looks like I pulled it out of a bear trap, cut and scraped from my thigh to my ankle.

I'm sure it was a barrrel of laughs for anyone watching the deal go down. I'm glad you guys weren't there, because you'd still be belly laughing, like any good buddys would. smile
friend of mine was standing on a 5 gallon bucket in his garage,it collapsed and he fell.He needed a hip replacement at 35 years old.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If they don't fix it, and I were looking for a house, I wouldn't let $600 keep me from buying it. Just saying.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I think I'm really the only one (perhaps) in our crew that really wants the sow-nah. grin

I've decided to build the sauna detached, and I'd really like to do it this summer, I want one out there bad.

You're not the only one dude...hell, let me know and I'll come help you. Well, you know I would anyway.

Page 669 of 1,842 1 2 667 668 669 670 671 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.