Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
You won't believe this, but crooks are cruising the farms in my area, stealing aluminum irrigation tubes. We have lost a dozen or so off of our farm, as have our neighbors, and farmers ten or so miles away.

We have taken to engraving them with names, spray painting them, anything for identification. Scrap yards, sheriff, etc. have all been notified, but so far no arrests.

What kind of sleazeball crooks would steal something people are dependendent on for their livelihood? To me it's the absolute worst kind of theft.

If I catch them in the act, which I probably won't, it will likely be the last time they try it- at least off my farm.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kill them.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have been doing it here for a long time. Also cutting the electric wire from the fuse box to the rice wells. Lots of expense for farmers because of the amount of irrigation that goes on here. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bighorn

What kind of sleazeball crooks would steal something people are dependendent on for their livelihood? To me it's the absolute worst kind of theft.

Sounds like the Federal and State government. You sure they haven't decided on a more direct approach to taxation?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Claymore mines.Shotgun with trip wire.Minimum a good thumping!!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably NATO they're using them for rocket body components...easy to find those thieves just look for the blue helmets!! whistle

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The worst one here in Columbus ..
last year,... the bastids swiped the refridgeration coils off the unit for St Andrew's Homeless shelter's kitchen.

They got a couple bucks of copper and left the biggest homeless kitchen in the city without a fridge or freezer!

It was replaced by generaous folks and is now gaurded by razor wire and cameras!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my great uncle once whopped my ass for shooting rabbits with a 22 that were hiding inside his irrigation pipes.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
well here in Az they cut the catalatic convertors off your truck while its parked in the driveway!

we had them cut the copper backflow preventors off the waterlines to our church - they got like 25$ for them and it cost us 1500 to replce- i'd of give them 25 to leave them alone - lol

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of farmers here are getting their pivot sprinklers ready for spring and finding all the copper wiring gone. VERY expensive to replace. It's all in the scrap market.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They passed some kind of law in NY now that you have to provide a photo ID when turning in scrap metal. I know several years ago that contractors were hiring private security guards on some job sites because copper pipes were being ripped out of new construction sometimes the same day they were installed.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That crap is going on everywhere, here in Louisville, they've done all of the above, and including copper pipe/wiring in vacant houses, etc. Catalytic converters, too.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lost every Rainbird 30 off of a quartermile wheel line one night last year. Grateful that I didn't lose the pump also. Had to replace all of them with plastic ones.

Fokkers

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was doing alot of rock crushing and screening, we had all the SO cords stolen. Lost production and replacing the SO cords was a huge loss. We then hired a armed night guard.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shot the schidt out of a truck belonging to some of our local wetbacks as they were trying to pull my 3" handline apart one night last fall. I hope I hit them, too. They were never caught, but word must have spread through their community. I don't even see them cruising down our road anymore after that.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by luv2safari; 04/28/11.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Florida now requires a state photo ID, photograph, tag number and thumb print to scrap anything but alum. cans.

Two guys were cutting up Alum. light poles after Charley hit here.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All thieves are sleazeballs.

Can you arrange to have a trail camera or video camera to monitor your irrigation pipes out in the field?

Dig a deep drainage ditch around your fields and then place boards with nails pointed up to give flat tires at the entry points to your fields.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Couple years ago the LEO's caught some guys that were stealing the aluminum guard rails and hand rails off of some forest service bridges,now that takes balls.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I shot the schidt out of a truck belonging to some of our local wetbacks as they were trying to pull my 3" handline apart one night last fall. I hope I hit them, too. They were never caught, but word must have spread through their community. I don't even see them cruising down our road anymore after that.

[Linked Image]

you must of been using one of them CARBOn-15 from bushmaster. grin

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Just 2 weeks ago the local PoPo caught a guy (homeless guy living under the bridge) cutting pieces of the handrail going across a major bridge and selling it to a scrapyard right on the south end of that bridge. When they pulled the records from the scrap yard they found the guy had scrapped over 300 lbs. of that same handrail over the past year. You would have thought someone would have noticed. He was cutting 3' pieces out with a hacksaw during the night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,321
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.