Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
lingoch Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Oregon.

If you've worn shorts, sandals and a parka at the same time, you live in Oregon.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Oregon.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Oregon.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Oregon.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Oregon.

If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both doors unlocked, you live in Oregon.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Central, Southern or Eastern Oregon.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Oregon.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow and ice, you live in Oregon.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Oregon.

If you feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash, you live in Oregon.

If you know more than 10 ways to order coffee, you live in Oregon.

If you know more people who own boats than air conditioners, you live in Oregon.

If you stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal, you live in Oregon.

If you consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain, you live in Oregon.

If you can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Dutch Bros, you live in Oregon.

If you know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon, you live in Oregon.

If you know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Clatskanie, Issaquah, Oregon, Umpqua, Yakima and Willamette, you live in Oregon.

If you consider swimming an indoor sport, you live in Oregon.

If you know that Boring is a city and not just a feeling, you live in Oregon.

If you can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food, you live in Oregon.

If you never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho, you live in Oregon.

If you have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain, you live in Oregon.

If you think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists, you live in Oregon.

If you buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time, you live in Oregon.

If you actually understand these jokes you live or have lived in Oregon

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lingoch

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow and ice, you live in Oregon.

Great list but that one there is frickin' hilarious!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Oregon

couldnt tell yah how far it is in miles to anything more than 100 miles from here, past that its how long it takes me to drive there.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If you know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Clatskanie, Issaquah, Oregon, Umpqua, Yakima and Willamette, you live in Oregon.

Funny in that four of there are in Washington.

I read the list to my wife nad her comment was "What's wrong with any of those".

We have lived most of our 32 years in the Willamette Valey of Central Oregon. Don't see anything wrong with any of the list. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't Texans measure distance in cases of beer you drink to get there? Thought I read that in a car magazine in the '80s.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KDK
Don't Texans measure distance in cases of beer you drink to get there? Thought I read that in a car magazine in the '80s.

Was very common at one time here in Wyoming. I dont think folks drink quite as hard now as they used to.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Once I-84 crosses the bridge into Idaho, you realize just how good Oregon roads are. But then you're traveling 10 mph faster so the bumps hit harder.

If you live in Oregon, most likely you don't give a darn how the towns in Washington are pronounced.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was listening to a book on MP3 that took place in Oregon. The reader butchered Willamette about thirty times. Molalla is another town that most folks butcher.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
+1 from Central Oregon- with over a foot of new snow at MT. Bachelor last week!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You might be from Oregon if...

... you want to punch people who talk about privatizing all the public land!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/30/11.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by lingoch
If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Oregon.

Schit I remember that. Wore shorts to school an then 3 layers of clothers an the costume to go tricker treating.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I remember camping at Olallie Lake on my honeymoon. Got a cabin with a wood cook stove and still darned near froze to death. Got out in the canoe fishing and had a whiteout and could not see my wife in the front of a seventeen foot canoe. Had about a foot of snow. It made snuggling a mandatory thing! grin

We will be married 32 years ago the 30th of this June. That snow storm was the 1st of July!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After three generations, children born west of the Cascades have web feet.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Doesn't everyone? grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
what always cracked me up was when the front yard was an absolute downpour, but walk through the house an look at the back yard and it was dry and nuthin but sunshine.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That don't happen everywhere? I am learning stuff I never knew.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Made a good argument.

Brother in the living room "damn its raining again"

Me in the kitchen "Bullschit"

We switch rooms and I'll be damned its raining again.....bullschit......

And people wonder why im different.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You might be from Oregon if:

- You can't pump your own gas.

- You drive 75 miles an hour on I5 in a torrential downpour, but will only go 5 miles an hour when there's half an inch of snow on the ground - and have all four tires chained up.

- You have to mow your yard twice a week from October to July, in the rain.

- The dog poop never dries out enough to make it easy to clean up the back yard.

I lived in Corvallis for 7 years (wil LAM ette valley)...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I spent almost thirty years in the Molalla and Canby part of the valley. Then I moved to Madras. Went to wet all the time to 3% humidity and neck deep snow. Spent over a month snow bound with temps below zero and 36" of packed snow. No way on earth to get off our ranch. Wife and I had a blast. grin

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If your neighbor to the right wants to save the salmon, and your neighbor to the left wants to save the sea lions, then you live in Oregon.

If your governor was re-elected for a third term after he was quoted saying, "the state is un-governable," then you live in Oregon.

When the exterminator gets an emergency call about an ant infestation and the customer asks, "where are you going to move them to?" then you live in Oregon.

When local companies have names like: Leupold, Gerber, Nosler, Leatherman, Columbia, Nike, Danner Pacific Tool and Gauge, and DiMarini, then you live in Oregon.

When more than half the population is transplanted from another state (California) then you live in Oregon.

If more than 40,000 residents posess medical marijuana cards, then you live in Oregon.

If you pull in to a gas station and the attendant pumps your gas for you, then you live in Oregon.

That's all I can come up with for now. I do find it funny how people can't relate to drive time as a distance. So many people around here are originally from larger metro areas, that to them a 3 hour drive might only be 45 miles. When you tell them that we are hunting about 1 hour away, they are expecting a very local hunt, not a 50-60 mile drive into the woods.

I got a kick out of the snow filing in the pot holes segment. Last fall, I elk hunted central Oregon which is about 300 miles away and about 6-7 hours on average. Well, the weather was a blizzard the day I left and my fastest section traveled was on a packed snow road through Crater Lake National Park. It was the only time the spedometer read over 55 the entire trip. Once I made it to the main highway, I was behind the big rigs going 5-15mph the rest of the way. The trip took over 9 hours but was worth it.

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 35, 338Rules, 358WCF, 58 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,403 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,684
Posts18,534,422
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.