Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Originally Posted by lingoch
If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Oregon.

Schit I remember that. Wore shorts to school an then 3 layers of clothers an the costume to go tricker treating.

Hunting season can be that way too. Before light and early AM you have on all you can stand to wear. By 10:00 you are in a T-shirt and hoping it will not be 100 degrees in the afternoon.

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by goose2044

When local companies have names like: Leupold, Gerber, Nosler, Leatherman, Columbia, Nike, Danner Pacific Tool and Gauge, and DiMarini, then you live in Oregon.

Bought a new knife last weekend. Chose a Columbia River because it looked OK and was made somewhat local. Got home and discovered it is made it Taiwan! mad

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Anybody remember the fictional John Blaine Society? Named after a writer of dime novels back in the 1800s. Never been out West but he made Oregon Territory sound terrible, rain, mud, fog, mold, etc. Actually pretty accurate for the West side. So back about 30 years ago Oregonians got tired of Californians moving into their state, running house prices up, etc. So they adopted old John Blaine as their figurehead. "Don't move to Oregon, too wet, etc." Nowdays it's more than just wet, think about the left wingers in Eugene and Salem-Portland. Still some great and sparcely populated areas there though. Somebody needs to tell the East coast football announcers it's not Or e GONE.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Tom McCall was my hero.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just for clarification for those who are not too familiar with the many climates of Oregon. The Willamette valley, Eugene to Portland, carries the reputation for the state and its rainy weather. In general, this area gets over 40 inches of rainfall per year. The southern part of the state will get less than 16 inches, the southeastern and central areas receive less than 9" on average. The southwestern and central areas are high-desert with elevations of 4000-8000 feet and can snow any day of the calendar year. Okay, quit snoring, even though this is boring stuff.

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you left Texarkana 8 hours ago,you are still in Texas.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by goose2044

When local companies have names like: Leupold, Gerber, Nosler, Leatherman, Columbia, Nike, Danner Pacific Tool and Gauge, and DiMarini, then you live in Oregon.

Bought a new knife last weekend. Chose a Columbia River because it looked OK and was made somewhat local. Got home and discovered it is made it Taiwan! mad

Buy benchmade And never look back. good steel, good blade lock, good knife PERIOD The ones in blue boxes are american. not even a word of unamerican in the paperwork IIRC. Havnt bought another brand since I started abusing them a few years ago. The CRK is covered in dust on a shelf somewhere. Easy to get sharp (sticky sharp) and they hold the edge fairly well/ The CRK's that I have dealt with havnt come close.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lingoch
If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Oregon.

If you've worn shorts, sandals and a parka at the same time, you live in Oregon.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Oregon.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Oregon.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Oregon.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Oregon.

If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both doors unlocked, you live in Oregon.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Central, Southern or Eastern Oregon.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Oregon.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow and ice, you live in Oregon.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Oregon.

If you feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash, you live in Oregon.

If you know more than 10 ways to order coffee, you live in Oregon.

If you know more people who own boats than air conditioners, you live in Oregon.

If you stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal, you live in Oregon.

If you consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain, you live in Oregon.

If you can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Dutch Bros, you live in Oregon.

If you know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon, you live in Oregon.

If you know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Clatskanie, Issaquah, Oregon, Umpqua, Yakima and Willamette, you live in Oregon.

If you consider swimming an indoor sport, you live in Oregon.

If you know that Boring is a city and not just a feeling, you live in Oregon.

If you can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food, you live in Oregon.

If you never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho, you live in Oregon.

If you have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain, you live in Oregon.

If you think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists, you live in Oregon.

If you buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time, you live in Oregon.

If you actually understand these jokes you live or have lived in Oregon

Great thread, that just about summs us up grin blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Had a Benchmade. Was gift from their CFO. He was a good friend. I would love to get my hands around the neck of the bleep that stole it!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you do get ahold of him and he has a Kimber Ultra carry in a black hawk holster Please let me know.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Want me to choke him twice? grin

I am pretty sure my knife is now owned by a her. A supposed Christian friend who did not turn out to be either.

Last edited by Scott F; 04/30/11.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I would prefer it if you just give me a address. As I would take great pleasure in doing the choking myself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you can't pump your own gas (as you mentioned), but can decide to legally commit suicide, it must be Oregon.

If you've spent 20 years with the spotted owl on the ESA list (and cratered the timber industry in the process) and now decide the only way to save that owl is to spend millions killing the barred owl, it must Oregon.

If the Mayor of Portland has sex with a 14 year old girl and continues to do so for years, then becomes Carter's Sec. of Oregon, then becomes Oregon's Governor and escapes any charges due to statute of limitations, it must be Oregon.

Born and raised here - it can get frustrating at times.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
honestly having that kimber stolen was a good thing. First time living in town (lil schithole outside medford) I was used to being around normal people and leaving the keys, dirtbike, tools a rifle or pistol etc etc in the truck. Windows down unlocked no problems never thought twice about it.

I figure loosing that kimber I still got off cheap.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bend_Shooter
+1 from Central Oregon- with over a foot of new snow at MT. Bachelor last week!

I live near Crater Lake and over 600 inches of snow fell there this winter.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by logger

If you've spent 20 years with the spotted owl on the ESA list (and cratered the timber industry in the process) and now decide the only way to save that owl is to spend millions killing the barred owl, it must Oregon.

but you can find burger stands that sells spotted owl burgers grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was born in OR' i gun but have never lived there. When I was hatched, my parents lived in a small Idaho town with no hospital. They hopped across the border to Ontario for the festivities.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The things that stick in my mind from a motorcycle trip down through Oregon were ...

The ridiculously low speed limits-we had heard about the penalties so kept it pretty tight.

EVERY single slow driver we went to pass sped up as we were passing them!

Not being able to pump your own gas--that right there about made me swear off Oregon forever.

Ugly patches of deforested land visible from the otherwise scenic byways.

The return trip up through the SE corner--some of the most barren, hideous territory I've ever seen! 90 some degrees, NOBODY around and still slow speed limits!

The coast was pretty though, but I couldn't stand the rain which is why I live in the high desert of Idaho!

BTW, how about a pronunciation primer for those non-Oregonians for all those places? I know when I moved from WI to ID I used to pronounce it Ore-a-gone 'till I was informed it was Ore-e-gin but I had that Northern Midwestern accent goin' on a lot of things! Also quickly discovered it's Boi-See, not Boi-Zee.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have never figured out who people are so upset about having someone pump their gas. I remember when self service first started in the early 70s. Now some think it is a right. Yep, my wife has the right to get out of the car in her Sunday best and stand in blowing rain and/or snow and pump her gas. I can tell you she is thrilled. Add to that the cost. She can pump her gas, get her hands smelly and dirty with a known carcinogenic, get cold and wet, and pay more per gallon than she would in Oregon to have someone pump it for her. Somehow I am betting that is a right that she would be willing to give up. grin

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 35WhelenNut, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 24 invisible), 2,852 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,649
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.