-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to expose myself as the naive one here. I had no idea that Walmart as a whole was out of the gun business. I've lived in several places from Upstate NY to Huntsville, AL. and every walmart that I've lived near has always had firearms to sell. From the sounds of things, I've just been lucky in my locations! Interesting to know.

I do know that Walmart has sold firearms on their webpage for years. They just haven't offered anything that I was particularly looking for.

I really hope this doesn't start driving mom and pop gun shops out of business. That's one bit of Americana that I'm pretty fond of. Then again so is capitalism and the free marketplace. It's just the relationships built at mom and pop stores cannot be replaced.....

"Hey Ralph whacha got new today?"
"Not much, how's the wife and boy? I heard your boy did will in that ballgame Friday."
"They're good, thanks for asking. Yeah, junior made the old man proud. Speaking of kids, did you hear about that monster fish The Johnsons boy caught last week?"

Yeah, you don't get that kind of dialogue or relationship at Walmart.....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
K-Mart next?

NO---Michael Moore is next up.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Never saw one that sold guns. Did see some that sold crap made to look like them though....

So what are you calling crap? Here wally world sells winchester, weatherby, remington, henry, savage and browning and will take special orders?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't forget the Mossbergs. Special orders are a real slap in your local guys face, sure he appreciates it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No slap I buy where I get the best service and price.I bought 1 at WW and 4 at local shops and one on line

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Who wouldda guessed that if you take away what customers want to buy, they stop coming to your store. crazy

Camp is where you make it.
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 264wm

I see they sell Howas, that ought to make Swampy happy. crazy

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I may be wrong but I believe they stopped selling handguns
because of a customer suicide in one of the stores back
in the 90s.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From my experience with local guys that is no loss. I have no idea as I moved around the nation how many times I would walk into a local dealer and stand unwaited on (neatly dressed, shaved, military haircut) and browse near the register obviously seeking assistance. Meanwhile the operator stood near gossiping with the locals around the coffee pot about Friday nights football game, who was screwing whose wife, daughter, etc until I walked out in disgust (10-20 minutes). If I speak out and request assistance it was treated as a major nuisance. For this I am to pay a 10 to 20 percent premium?

No thanks. I will deal with Walmart, Gun Broker or other big box/online auction and have it sent through the local pawn shop that has the lowest processing fee. Problem? On the 1 in a 100 chance I have issues with a firearm I am a big boy and can deal with manufacturers or find a gunsmith myself. My thoughts are most local dealers deserve to die and small loss to the community, either municipal or sporting.

No slap I buy where I get the best service and price.I bought 1 at WW and 4 at local shops and one on line

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kmart try ans it was to late for them this took place in the late 90s

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Altjaeger
From my experience with local guys that is no loss. I have no idea as I moved around the nation how many times I would walk into a local dealer and stand unwaited on (neatly dressed, shaved, military haircut) and browse near the register obviously seeking assistance. Meanwhile the operator stood near gossiping with the locals around the coffee pot about Friday nights football game, who was screwing whose wife, daughter, etc until I walked out in disgust (10-20 minutes). If I speak out and request assistance it was treated as a major nuisance. For this I am to pay a 10 to 20 percent premium?

No thanks. I will deal with Walmart, Gun Broker or other big box/online auction and have it sent through the local pawn shop that has the lowest processing fee. Problem? On the 1 in a 100 chance I have issues with a firearm I am a big boy and can deal with manufacturers or find a gunsmith myself. My thoughts are most local dealers deserve to die and small loss to the community, either municipal or sporting.

This horseshit myth of "local shops" is just that -- HORSESHIT. If any so-called "local shop" went out of business, it had less to do with Wal-Fart than it had to do with their piss-poor attitudes and amateurish business acumen.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walmart is known for their stellar service, that's for sure. Some of the smartest sales people in the world are at the counters of Walmart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't think that guns were a core business for Walmart. Supplies for hunting and fishing yes, or a license, but most people are probably going to look to a least Gander Mountain or Dick's Sporting Goods before they buy at Wally World. And how many in here have even thought about buying a gun there, other then a 22 or a bb gun?

The internet is eating up the local store. People are going there to find speciality items and not some shop and you can get the typical stuff way cheaper somewhere else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Local shops cater to the gun enthusiast, who also peruses the used gun rack (often the ONLY reason to stop in). Wal-Mart caters to the guy who wants to spend $300 on the best rifle in the whole world, with a Hubble scope and the cheapest green box ammo he can find.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore
Walmart is known for their stellar service, that's for sure. Some of the smartest sales people in the world are at the counters of Walmart.
Like you, for instance. They're right up there with these so-called "local shops" you're defending.

If you're going to put up with a bunch of bullshit and stupid f*cking people, might as well save some jack.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Local shops cater to the gun enthusiast, who also peruses the used gun rack (often the ONLY reason to stop in). Wal-Mart caters to the guy who wants to spend $300 on the best rifle in the whole world, with a Hubble scope and the cheapest green box ammo he can find.
I'm no fan of Wal-Fart, but when these "local shops" where I live don't have basic items, like component primers or reloading manuals with their reloading gear -- and the local Wal-Fart does -- there's something wrong. And then the "local shop's" attitude is "take it or leave it," then F*CK THEM.

Most of my gun buying is going to be via my local FFL and the internet; here, Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, etc. Most of my reloading buying is going to be Powder Valley, Graf's, and what have you. If I NEED something right now, I'd just as soon give Wal-Fart a shot as opposed to some of these DICKHEAD shops in Oklahoma City.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my brother worked for wal-mart yrs ago. he would order a gun supposedly for a customer and when the customer never showed up to buy it he would buy it cheap. but they caught on to what he was doing and he got fired for it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my brother worked for wal-mart yrs ago. he would order a gun supposedly for a customer and when the customer never showed up to buy it he would buy it cheap. but they caught on to what he was doing and he got fired for it.
I guess that means he's not doing that anymore. whistle

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no but i did get a nice 629 and a colt AR

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,255
Posts18,486,342
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.