Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 7mm08okie
I am a new member here who has not purchased or chatted. I look at this site everyday and think is really a cool thing!! I have two posts on here, and no one has replied to either. Just because someone is new, does not mean they are gonna rip you off. I am an upstanding guy, a man of my word, and true believer in what this country is about. Thanks for telling everyone here not to buy from me though.

The low post count, alone, is not a bad thing. Couple that with a few other things and it could mean that further scrutiny is required. Look at the threads where a couple of folks are out some serious money.

You are pretty much right, but you may be taking something too personally that is not actually directed towards you. I don't see where the low post count alone is reason to completely shun you, but a little closer look than at someone who has been participating on many levels here for many years surely isn't unreasonable, is it?

There are bad folks out there, and it looks like one is ripping off some people here. Look at the whole situation & see if you can understand some folks being more careful. Give folks plenty of info and you will likely have no issues.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

GB1

S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Originally Posted by 7mm08okie
I am a new member here who has not purchased or chatted. I look at this site everyday and think is really a cool thing!! I have two posts on here, and no one has replied to either. Just because someone is new, does not mean they are gonna rip you off. I am an upstanding guy, a man of my word, and true believer in what this country is about. Thanks for telling everyone here not to buy from me though.

The low post count, alone, is not a bad thing. Couple that with a few other things and it could mean that further scrutiny is required. Look at the threads where a couple of folks are out some serious money.

You are pretty much right, but you may be taking something too personally that is not actually directed towards you. I don't see where the low post count alone is reason to completely shun you, but a little closer look than at someone who has been participating on many levels here for many years surely isn't unreasonable, is it?

There are bad folks out there, and it looks like one is ripping off some people here. Look at the whole situation & see if you can understand some folks being more careful. Give folks plenty of info and you will likely have no issues.
Well explained.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hah!! Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Sooners had 3 out of top 4 picks in the draft. Suh is a stud no doubt. Look out for Gerald McCoy as a super star for the Bucs next year.

may all your projectiles fly true!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stoney,

You're a CIA agent - get the scoop on this scumbag!!

Last edited by 300MAG; 04/23/10.
S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Stoney,

You're a CIA agent - get the scoop on this scumbag!!
They will not allow me to check. CIA officials are limited also Jeff. When I get back to Washington, I might be able to have my secretary check into it. "maybe"

Keep digging thru internet, you will find him.

Last edited by slg888; 04/23/10.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by quickdeath
hi,,,post counts mean nothing to me,,,i've dealt with people with 0 posts and never had a failure on here or many other sites,,,TRUST IS A MUST when doing any-kind of business over the internet,,,i do have a problem though,,,i trust everyone until they [bleep] me and the people i've dealt with on here and MANY other sites, there have been NO issues,,,you gotta start somewhere and 1 is where its at,,,i did it and you did it,,,my nickels worth

Just curious, how do you deal with someone with 0 posts? Seems like it would take at least one to post the item. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by executioner
The simple fact a person has a PO Box means nothing. People, some towns do not have home delivery, you get your mail from the post office (ie. box) or not at all. Patrick

Yeah, a lot us of around this part of Colorado don't have home delivery. Also in my case, even after eleven years of making deliveries here, sometimes UPS still says my street address doesn't exist.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i've had plenty of deals on here, i've yet to be screwed and i ain't screwed anyone either. I don't care how many posts or if they only post in the classifieds, all i need is an addy a phone #. i always ship prior to receiving payment. if someone want's to screw me then fine, only thing i've ever done is asked for the FFL's # to verify it online at the ATF&E website and off the gun went.

If you don't want to deal with me because i'm an azzhole then fine! heck, i'd even deal with JO and not worry about it, even though i'm pretty hard on him...

I can't spell... Deal with it...
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I'm not a very active buyer/seller but I've never had an issue with any of the dozen or so deals I've done. I usually send stuff out before I receive payment if it fits in my schedule.

Hell, I've had enough people randomly send me (free) stuff they think I'd like or could use that if I ever do get burned I'm probably still ahead on points....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would never buy from someone who would start a thread like this.Everyone else is fine.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take it!!

Black Cows Matter!
S
slg888 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I'll take it!!
SPF to muleshoe..
[bleep] was too slow.

Last edited by slg888; 04/26/10.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Huntz
I would never buy from someone who would start a thread like this.Everyone else is fine.

+1. I just had to re-register so of course I have a low post count. I do more buying than selling. I just came close to getting screwed on AR by a fella with thousands of post counts. After 2 months I finally got my rifle. The post count crap, while you should be cautious, just doesn't hold water. You gotta crawl before you walk. I usually try to talk to the person and for sure pull up a map of their residence, check phone numbers, etc.

At one with the gun.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don't usually post, but I would like to sort of defend myself and others like me.

I have 297 or whatever posts. Probably 287 of them are in classifieds. I use the classifieds to find 'stuff' and to pass on things I no longer use. I have made maybe 50-60 sales and 30-40 buys over 5 years. If I am not mistaken my feedback is 100% good.

I learn a lot from the forums, but I seldom have input that won't be made by someone else.

Many forums don't count posts in classifieds. If that was the case here I would have a count of 10 or 15 or whatever.

I hope that does not make me a poor risk.

No offense to anyone intended by this post.

Naught's had, alls spent
When desire is got without content
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I Have dealt with a lot of guys here and sold things and shipped before payment ever arrived,,and all are as honest as the day is long,never a problem to a P.O.Box or any-where else,,even to a guy in Australia also.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live here in the classifieds, rarely venturing into the Wildcat or Gunsmithing section. I do consider my post count to be high but they are mostly in the classifieds! I don't know if I buy or sell more, and I don't know if that makes a difference.
I feel that I only got the short straw twice. One was a FTF that was arranged thru this board. Funny how things went downhill when it was a FTF. The other was a trade to a Canadian. I never received my stuff but it was only a $10 trade. They were minor and I got on with my life

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
5. Won't go to the post office

(grin) Couldn't help myself.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Calvin

LOL, too funny!

Last edited by Jim the Plumber; 05/05/11.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Jim the Plumber

LOL, too funny!

+1 Best post of the week!

Last edited by 221FB; 05/05/11.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by 221FB
Originally Posted by Jim the Plumber

LOL, too funny!

+1 Best post of the week!

Thats funny, I don't care who ya are! Ya gotta watch those lazy ones!!

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
"Try to take my guns and I will shoot you."
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (AdventureBound, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 79S, 17 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,440
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.