Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
I was filling-out the form on Brownell's, but when I saw they want $11.95 to ship a $44.95 kit, I balked.

I checked Midway, Natchez, Cheaper than Dirt, Bass Pro, & Gander Mtn. Surely there's got to be a place that won't [gratuitously violate my rectal cavity] on shipping charges.

Ideas?

Thanks!

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Have you tried Dynamic Finishes, the source for DBC? I don't know how much they charge for shipping, but they charge the same $44.95 for the kit.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
I saw their banner at the top of the page after posting, & went to their site. Darned if they don't want $12 to ship it.

Is it that heavy? Or is it far bulkier to package than it seems? Or am I just crying too much? Anyway, 'twould be neat if there were a promo code for free shipping.

Does anyone have any ideas on that front?

FC

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Naw, it's not heavy or bulky. I dunno why the $12 fee! Mayeb "semi-hazmat"? You sure don't want it leaking.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does DBC have pressure reducing properties like moly or do same loads give same velocities before/after?

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Same velocities. They've also had DBC'd bores pressure tested and apparently the pressures are about the same.

The big advantage over moly is that you only have to do it once to the bore, rather than over and over again to bunches of bullets.

John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
F.C. we are trying to get a zone flat rate from UPS and FEDEX.
Cost to ship even within the state is a minimum of $9.00 and if you get close to either coast we are taking a loss on shipping.
All of this for a box that is 6x6x6 and we have to claim the 1 LB. minimum weight. BTW Midway has the kits now but I have no idea what they get for shipping.
Doug

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotcha.Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MidwayUSA is currently out of stock. But their shipping estimator to Boise, Idaho shows $7.49 for UPS Basic. Might be even less for locations closer to Midway.

Their price is $44.95 as noted.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Brownell's has a 99 cent promotional shipping code on orders over $125 - (good across the divisions including Sinclair)

Some folks have a small order nuisance charge.

Given today's costs of doing business I'd say the various shipping charges banded about are quite reasonable.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Doug_Burche
F.C. we are trying to get a zone flat rate from UPS and FEDEX.
Cost to ship even within the state is a minimum of $9.00 and if you get close to either coast we are taking a loss on shipping.
All of this for a box that is 6x6x6 and we have to claim the 1 LB. minimum weight. BTW Midway has the kits now but I have no idea what they get for shipping.
Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the info. I suppose I'm just a precocious curmudgeon, and have to gripe about stiff like that. Probably won't be long 'til I'm starting, "X vs. Y brand of laxative" threads...

I'll put my order through on your site when I get home, & hopefully my rough-a$$ .30-06 barrel will be your next success story.

Many Thanks,

FC

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it's part of becoming "folically challenged." At first blush shipping prices often seem exorbitant but a trip past a gas station returns me to the present. Now the price of haircuts for what little's left to cut is another matter! wink

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by nighthawk

... Now the price of haircuts for what little's left to cut is another matter! wink

Don't get me started...

I feel like I'm becoming the guy on the right:

[Linked Image]

- Mrs. FC
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Doug is there a reason it cannot ship USPS in the flat rate box for $4.75? Im guessing it might fall into the hazmat profile for USPS but our company uses those a couple hundred of those little priority mailers every week and they are usually getting anywhere in the country in 3-4 days.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
And while Im at it I will throw up another endorsement for the stuff. I just cleaned a .243 after about 1000 rounds and had a small volcano of carbon hanging off of the muzzle (its braked) but could not pull signs of copper out of the barrel using boretec eliminator or wipe out. Lots of brown/grey for carbon but that was it.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You nailed it. The coatings are flammable in there liquid state. USPS will only ship parcel post. We can't track P.P.
Doug

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.