Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
About the only thing that would work equally well on both wood or metal is a spray wax. Jubilee spray wax used to be available and on the guns that it was used the metal is still perfect as is the wood.

I haven't seen Jubilee in years although I understand it can still be ordered from Johnson and Johnson but only by the case.

I now use Old English lemon oil on all the gun wood. It cleans the dirt off the surface and leaves the wood as it was when it was made, no additional "finish" which is exactly what I want.

I use a silicone cloth for the metal.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by lowprofile
...Still a haswop sheet should be for the taking unless it's a...

Material safety data sheets (MSDS) are for employees, by Federal regulation. No Federal requirement for MSDS to be available to consumers. Ironhorse Industries could volunteer to produce and distribute a MSDS, but has no incentive to do so, especially if it is a one-person show.

Hazard Communication: OSHA Standards
Unofficial MSDS FAQ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RandyS
...Still a haswop sheet should be for the taking unless it's a...

Material safety data sheets (MSDS) are for employees, by Federal regulation. No Federal requirement for MSDS to be available to consumers. Ironhorse Industries could volunteer to produce and distribute a MSDS, but has no incentive to do so, especially if it is a one-person show.

Hazard Communication: OSHA Standards
Unofficial MSDS FAQ

If the product is used commercially, then any employer that has it in his place of business has to have an MSDS.
All of our pick-ups have a binder about 6" thick full of MSDS sheets for every chemical product an employee may come in contact with.
Every time we place an order for a material that we have not used, our vendors send us MSDS sheets on that product.
OSHA requires it.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Howard feed and wax seems to hold up better on my shooters.

The hardest part is finding a big buck. The easiest part is getting "em" out. - Larry Benoit
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Still don't see much input from all you one liners. To the chap that prints out STFU, kind of rude on you. Any way, has anybody come up with just what you are putting on your fire arms? For all I've found out snake oil could be made of frog piss.

IC B2

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Funny group here. You all bash out on a fellow that questions the use of a snake oil. Then say it's one of the best,winchester uses it, nothing but glory, use it like a sex lube, top notch stuff and who knows what ever. And none of you can say what it is, other than here is the web site(oil and wax)? Kind of lame recommendations to a fellow. To the guy that started this post go ahead and use WD40, it's been around as long and just as many people on just as many forums will swear by it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still don't see much input from all you one liners. To the chap that prints out STFU, kind of rude on you. Any way, has anybody come up with just what you are putting on your fire arms? For all I've found out snake oil could be made of frog piss.

Why are you hate'n on on SO?

Maybe it is frog piss. WTF cares? Why are you so concerned with what the members of this forum put on their guns?

What's it to you?

Just sayin'

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't feed the troll....

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Funny how it came to this. I don't care what you might put on your fire arms. I'll ask before I jump. All these are questions are of need to know a bit of what I would use. I'm not the follow the leader kind of guy. What do you know about the make up of Snake Oil Jed 1899? Follow the leader?

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
You all have no idea of what the goods are you push so it gets shoved out as a troll thing. That's the easy way out. This will come up in a year or so and you guys will get your post count up a little more and still have no formula?

IC B3

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Even if you one liners don't come up with answer, this topic has brought about good questions. One other is at least give a half try as to what you push and another is do a little home work. Obey little, resist much.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just for a lack of something to do yesterday, I snake oiled four of my guns that I'm taking to the Boise Gun show tomorrow. Who gives a rats %&$ what's in it, it works. I bet half you people don't read the lables on canned food to see what's in it. And a lot of that has stuff that can kill you if eaten too much.Have a good day, Chip

READ THE BIBLE-IT WILL SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU!
NO 99"s ARE JUNK, FDP
NRA Endowment Life Member
US Air Force Retired,Phantom Phixer
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,524
Posts18,472,626
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.