Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

THIS SENIOR CITIZEN NAILED IT!

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from a unknown fellow in Montana....
I think he is a little ticked off! He also tells it like it is!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight..

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2.. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3 My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5 I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To add insult to injury, you label us "Greedy" for calling "Bullshit" on your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as Usual, Have You Exempted Yourself and Your Political Cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and Your Political Co-Conspirators Called Congress who are the "Greedy" ones. It is YOU and YOUR Fellow Nutcases Who Have Bankrupted America and Stolen The American Dream From Millions of Loyal, Patriotic Taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it. And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sounds like Daddy, but alot nicer, the guy is spot on.

Gunner

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I love it.. Makes me want to send a similar 'note' to my leftie Congressman here in TAX HELL WISCONSIN..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Here is something to keep in mind. Social Security was designed (in the 1930's) for a person who worked until he was 65, retired, then lived for another 10 years (dying at 75. His SS payments largely matched what he took out.

My sister and brother-in-law retired at 58, and have been collecting for the past 12 years, with no end in sight.

We talk about sacrifice to get the budget in order; where is their (and many like them) sacrifice? People ARE greedy; Simpson is correct.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by whistle djs
Here is something to keep in mind. Social Security was designed (in the 1930's) for a person who worked until he was 65, retired, then lived for another 10 years (dying at 75. His SS payments largely matched what he took out.

My sister and brother-in-law retired at 58, and have been collecting for the past 12 years, with no end in sight.

We talk about sacrifice to get the budget in order; where is their (and many like them) sacrifice? People ARE greedy; Simpson is correct.

They sure have a lot of nerve not dyeing in a timely fashion.Also the earliest you can collect SSI retirement benefits is 62.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs

Are you just stirring the pot or are you really that stupid?

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

He's that stupid.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
cool letter.....they better not raise the age again !!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

He's that stupid.

That's what I thought. whistle

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Remember this in November next time around. The GOP leadership has lost all touch with those who elected them. Some how they think the ultra rich pay the bills, My bad, I forgot that they do.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Remember this in November next time around. The GOP leadership has lost all touch with those who elected them. Some how they think the ultra rich pay the bills, My bad, I forgot that they do.

If I had just joined this forum and read this, I would ask, "What about the Dems? Aren't they part of what happened?" Are you stupid, or just in denial?

Don't bother to respond; I seldom read what you say, and I won't give any credibility to your response. Save your breath.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by djs

Hard to believe you are that stupid as noted, but guess its how it is.

Remember the .gov TOOK my money. I'd have MUCH rather kept it and invested it myself. Bottom line its a ripoff. You put in, never get it all back out again. Now if I was given a choice, then it would be on my plate whether I had enough or not, but .gov made the decision, like a good communist govt would and now they should be held accountable for it. Maybe I should say hung accountable for it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
As a 60 yo. senior citizen, who has been paying into SS for over 40 yrs, I have a great idea. How about the govt. cut me a check, interest free for every dime I put in there? Govt. gets a great deal, I get my money back, and at least me, will go home happy.

maddog

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The old man is spot on. However, all the name calling is just more of the divide and conquer tactics being used against the American public. Finger pointing and blaming sub-groups of the public draws attention away from the real culprits.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree. What's done is done, and now we have a problem to solve. The generation about to hit the wall didn't produce enough tax paying offspring to keep the base of the pyramid growing, and there is not enough money to go around.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 05/11/11.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs

That's bullshite, earliest you can collect is 62, unless you are disabled.

ULA24 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Some day everyone will realize what I already know. They are all slimy disgusting sluts and whores in DC. Republicans are as bad as the Democrats. Only term limits and a 3rd party can solve this problem. They will never vote away their own personal gravy train! The founding fathers never intended these whores to make a career of being a Congressman or Senator. You were supposed to come forward, represent your districts interests, then go back home to your real career.

These miserable sluts should be forced to take the same social security and medicare we all get!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ok we know what the problem is...what's the solution..cause we all know Rep will vote Rep. and Dems. will vote Dem. and the biggest vote getting slime will be back in business. As a PES retiree, all the money I paid into SS is up for grab by the pols.

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Just take a look at who is sponsoring the Medicaid raiding legislation and give it some thought. Your a smart guy and i know you will see that the (R) next to the legislators name indicated a Republican.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I am not too crazy about your vocab but you right on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (2ndwind, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 375TN, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 280shooter, 27 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,325
Posts18,505,862
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.