Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.themonitor.com/articles/mission-50338-patrol-shootout.html

yup border has never been safer.

MISSION � U.S. authorities are investigating a shooting between U.S. Border Patrol agents and an unidentified man who fired at them from the Mexican side of the border near Chimney Park on Tuesday night.

The shooting happened near the winter Texan RV park about 11:50 p.m. after border patrol agents from the McAllen station saw a group of people trying to smuggle marijuana into the country on two rafts, said Rosalinda Huey, the federal agency�s spokeswoman.

�No agents were injured during the shooting and it is unknown if anyone on the Mexican side was struck,� she said.

As agents tried to stop the alleged smugglers, they heard several shots fired in the immediate area, Huey said. Agents then saw a man on the Mexican side of the Rio Grande pointing a handgun in the agents� direction, which prompted them to respond by retuning fire, she added.

�Agents are unsure if the subject was struck, however, the firing stopped,� Huey said.

The group traveling on the rafts jumped out and swam back to Mexico, abandoning the watercrafts and the narcotics inside, officials said. Agents were able to recover nearly 500 pounds of marijuana once the rafts were recovered.

No arrests were made and no suspects are in custody in connection with the shooting, Huey said. None of the agents involved in the incident have faced any disciplinary action, she added.

U.S. federal authorities and the government of Mexico are investigating the incident, officials said. But Julian Flores, of the Tamaulipas State Police, said their office had not received any reports of the incident or injuries. Mexican federal authorities were unavailable for comment Wednesday afternoon.

Naxiely Lopez covers law enforcement and general assignments for The Monitor. She can be reached at (956) 683-4434.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This is what Bam Bam had in mind when he armed the cartels.We just were not supposed to find out about it.

Last edited by jdm953; 05/11/11.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BP needs heavy weapons, belt fed would be best!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
".....None of the agents involved in the incident have faced any disciplinary action,..."

Let's goddam well KEEP it that way (for a change)

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No shiite. To do that job under the current conditions is nothing short of remarkable.

Last edited by Mac84; 05/11/11.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd venture that the ONLY reason that,
"".....None of the agents involved in the incident have faced any disciplinary action,...""

....no bodies or leaking victims to proceed civilly, and be SUPPORTED in so doing.

I'm still pretty pizzed about the Compean and Ramos thing, and some lesser known subsequent debacles.

It's amazing (given the ROEs) that ANY of those folks will fire their weapons now.....

Good on em' !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by stxhunter
�Agents are unsure if the subject was struck, however, the firing stopped,� Huey said.

One down.....good for them!! cool

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T LEE

Roger that! Issuing M203's would be a good thing, too!

Let's see, illumination rounds, HE, frag, flechette, smoke, OC (or CN/CS for old-school types), buckshot...what did I miss? laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, frankly we ought to take about 10 miles into Mexico, declare it a DMZ and kill anybody who moves in it.

Then again, I've been known to have pretty extreme views on the subject! grin

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Completely agree, Guy. But I was thinking 50, patrolled by Predators.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GuyM
Yeah, frankly we ought to take about 10 miles into Mexico, declare it a DMZ and kill anybody who moves in it.

Then again, I've been known to have pretty extreme views on the subject! grin

What part of the above were you thinking was extreme???? <An almost completely serious question BTW>

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

I would suggest 7.62 mm Mini Gatling at the least, but a 20mm would be much better. And 40mm would overpenetrate don't cha think?

Best wishes, Bill

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by STINGER

I would suggest 7.62 mm Mini Gatling at the least, but a 20mm would be much better. And 40mm would overpenetrate don't cha think?

Best wishes, Bill

May need to go through more than one object at a time.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like we need a few more Unrepentant Sinners manning the border

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (160user, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,020
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.