Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
used to be the naked weather channel too

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
another reason I don't have cable or satellite......

x2! .... None here since 1989.

All we get is the stuff that comes in the window for free and out of that only watch the news & HNIC [Hockey Night in Canada]

I can't believe the stuff they put on cable and charge for. Suck yer brains out it will.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The stuff that comes in the window for free is worse IMHO than what is on cable or sat. The major networks, ABC, NBC etc. seem to be the ones really pushing the gay bit. I've also noticed that there are few shows and comercials that don't have at least one inter-racial couple.
You can watch "old" sitcoms on some of the cable/sat channels, but not old enough shows to avoid the crap. You'd have to go back to the 50's to find shows without all of the agendas.
The whole point is to see it so often that it no longer offends.

We need a channel that runs the old westerns from the 50's like Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, etc. Something that promotes integrity, honor and morality instead of.........

Oh heck, I must be dreaming if I think that'll ever happen.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Another thing,

Why is it now we have to have nearly every show narrated or hosted by someone with an english accent? Ever since reality tv took over seems this is the norm.

Dave

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
on the flip side instead of no sat tv, its what we have. I've written of anything on the Cs... nbc,abc etc.... I only watch the news for the guess at the weather, the rest of news is worthless.

I rely on sat tv to provide something to watch when I have time, like history, military channel etc....

Bout all the wife watches is the tennis channel.

SO there is use for Sat tv. Damn shame its expensive to watch a bit every so often though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I saw Elizabeth Taylor interviewed in Australia some years back, perhaps in the 80's, where she said that "if all the gays left Hollywood at once, it would look like an extension of the Mojavi (sp) Desert."

I do not believe you got that one here??

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
absolutely

you boys take the place of TV for me

drama

intrigue

comedy

music

news

knowledge

outdoor pix and stories

gear recos

some scantily clad women on occasion

and this crowd doesn't strike me near as liberal as the Hollywood type

yep I'd rather surf the net and dwell on the 'fire than watch TV

ain't lookin down my nose at anyone that has TV, we just don't happen to have it and seems a few other folks as well

Pretty much covers it for me also... former TV addict, sports and Fox news dominated. Got rid of cable and my wife will watch local TV occasionally. Mostly she keeps up with our daughter and her friends on facebook, I live here.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
For mother's day we went to Applebees before going to a movie. The Mavs/Lakers game was winding down I and asked my son-in-law what round it was in the playoffs. He said second and it was the Lakers forth loss... it was the only basketball I watched all season and I really didn't care... what surprised me was Jason Kidd was still in the league...lol

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Basic Family pkg on Dish, rarely watch anything but local news. Wife like Wheel & Jeopardy, then off it goes.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Whoever said they don't have cable or satelite don't need that. Hell network television of full of gays on regular tv shows. I watch more History channel now than anything. The kids seem to enjoy it as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife likes to watch Glee, but the [bleep] storyline got to be too much, so now she doesn't watch it when the kids are around. She said there was one episode that was about masturbation!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
First it was minorites, now it is "alternative lifestyles"...one day they are going the champion the cause of disenchanted middle aged fat white guys!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't be possible since the religious right and their puritanical beliefs dictate programming. Just ask Jeff. Grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I have a TV for 3 reasons:

Military Channel
Weather Channel
Fox News

And I MUTE all the ads!!

+1

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
IMO, it's much cheaper to watch the Packers and the Brewers on TV than it woule be to go to the game.

Brian

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is this thread as gay as I think it is?

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since I signed up on this forum several years ago, I learned that the news is more up to date and factual here than anywhere else. Guys here know stuff that has yet to even be thought of out there in non-campfire space.

And I'm sure that there are a few "closet queers" here, too. grin

We also got something that TV don't. The "ignore" feature.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'll type slowly so you can understand.

Networks get their money from ad revenue. If you don't watch it, they get no money.

Turn off the TV if you don't like what's on, that way, the sponsors of bad TV get the message and won't sponsor the crap queer shows.

Just say "NO".

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I watch Fox News 95% of the time. My wife loves Glee and i used to like it and loved the music, but lately the story line is about nothing but Homo Sexual and i told her i don't care much about it any more and she gets mad for me not paying any attention to it when she has it on. I guess this is the world we live in now. Even our Military is taking the Homo Sexual route now.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.