Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
tndrbstr: G O O D. Thanks for the reply.

It's easy to say something we don't mean, as it sounds or looks.

IMO, we are saying the same things.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
heres how i look at it, life is about what YOU value and how you prioritize it...the house wife stops at starbucks, grabs a coffee on her way to walmart and picks up a hammer before she gets ready to meet her friends at red lobster for lunch...the shop keeper goes through drive up at mcdonalds for his cup of coffee and runs of to work, heads to subway for a quick sandwich at lunch and swings back by sears and picks up a craftsman hammer before heading back to work, while the carpenter gets up, makes his own cup of coffee, packs a bologna sandwich for lunch and at the end of the day swings by tool outlet and buys an estwing hammer for his kids b-day present... at the end of the day, they have all spent 30-40 bucks and are equally happy, had there coffee, lunch and got there respective hammers...so which one is obviously flawed in their thought process ?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
e i: It's probably ME.

I'm too tired to sort it out now. You made my head hurt! <Grin>

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
life is good here on "the fire " !!!!!!!!!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Eight pages of mostly negative posts regarding Sako, Tecomate, and all things associated.

Yeah, it was a GREAT marketing idea to submit the original post....

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
first time poster with no history has got everybody shaken up..people slamming david morris and never buying another sako let alone a tecomate...wow !
is this a 14 year old kid who hasnt a clue and wants to be accepted and did a copy and paste ?
maybe a savy marketing guy for weatherby/remington/etc. knowing this will push peoples buttons ?
maybe someone thinking about buying one of these and seeing what kind of feedback is given ?
WHO KNOWS, all i know is its been fun following this when a nobody stirred the pot !!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by elkivory
heres how i look at it, life is about what YOU value and how you prioritize it...the house wife stops at starbucks, grabs a coffee on her way to walmart and picks up a hammer before she gets ready to meet her friends at red lobster for lunch...the shop keeper goes through drive up at mcdonalds for his cup of coffee and runs of to work, heads to subway for a quick sandwich at lunch and swings back by sears and picks up a craftsman hammer before heading back to work, while the carpenter gets up, makes his own cup of coffee, packs a bologna sandwich for lunch and at the end of the day swings by tool outlet and buys an estwing hammer for his kids b-day present... at the end of the day, they have all spent 30-40 bucks and are equally happy, had there coffee, lunch and got there respective hammers...so which one is obviously flawed in their thought process ?
Originally Posted by JWALL
e i: It's probably ME.

<Grin>

Me and you both!!...We should of bought more stock in the hammer companys!! LOL....

A
A
It is the last hunting rifle I will buy. If I could ever get it back from McMillan I aim to become quite proficient with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I had the cash to spare I would get one of these rifles.
AMRA

Molan Labe
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by turkish
Originally Posted by JGRaider

This guy killed this buck on the neighboring property to our whitetail place......he's got his arms stretched out too. I'm guessing he doesn't care.

[Linked Image  <br><br> </div></div><br>High fence? </div></div><br><br>Negative.......30,000 acre free range. </div>
<br>

</div>

<div class=
It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by trophydeer
The Sako A7 Tecomate is without question the best factory rifle on the market. It is essentially a custom gun at production prices. The rifle is accurate, well-balanced, good looking, and loaded with custom features, including an awesome trigger and safety assembly, a full-length aluminum bedding system, one of the best designed and most functional stocks on the market, the recoil-taming Pachmayr Decelerator(r) Recoil Pad, and a custom-grade fluted barrel. No wonder it is guaranteed to shoot 1-inch or less 3-shot groups! When paired with the low profile Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm scope mounted on low Leupold Weaver-type rings, you have a fast-pointing combination with solid cheek-to-stock weld that makes the rifle a virtual extension of the shooter. Chambered for the powerful, flat-shooting .270 WSM and .300 WSM, the Sako A7 Tecomate lives up to it claim as the "Ultimate Whitetail Rifle" and is, in fact, the ideal rifle for anything in North America and African plains game. You can check out www.tecomate.com for more info or questions on the rifle.

I have seen the Tecomate hunting program. If I were Sako, I would not want to be associated with David Morris and his high rise luxury box blind hunting, out of shape fat boy, farm fed deer assasins. What a joke, his style of hunting ranks right up there with taking your rifle to the local zoo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ULA24

I have seen the Tecomate hunting program. If I were Sako, I would not want to be associated with David Morris and his high rise luxury box blind hunting, out of shape fat boy, farm fed deer assasins. What a joke, his style of hunting ranks right up there with taking your rifle to the local zoo.

The hunt he was on with us wasn't a gimme, no tame animals or box blinds. Nothing but open country spot and stalk and he killed a hell of a buck and it was a difficult situation with a quick shot. Have you hunted with David before to have such a strong opinion or are you making a decision about the man based on having watched an episode of his show? Don't answer that because if you had hunted with him you wouldn't have come on here and shown your ignorance.

There are a lot of guys that don't have a clue that have hunting shows but I can assure you that David Morris isn't one of em. He is genuinely a class act and he is extremely knowledgable about whitetail deer. He is a pleasure to be around

I agree that the spam advertising sucks, I'm not a fan of it and I am not defending it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
huntsonora": A BIG TEN FOUR & THUMBS UP!

I agree w/you 110%.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Nothing but open country spot and stalk and he killed a hell of a buck and it was a difficult situation with a quick shot. Don't answer that because if you had hunted with him you wouldn't have come on here and shown your ignorance.

Not making any judgement on david with this comment at all, apparently he did kill a hell of a buck. congrats to him..... cool
...but you say "it was a difficult situation with a quick shot" ,.....so I take it you were in fact setting next to him when the deal went down...right?.... confused Because if you were'nt, then in fact, you haven't hunted with him either...Just setting around the lodge and drinkin koolaid with him could very well be a whole differant level of ignorance altogeather imo... wink

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Regarding the OP, a gun with a 4.5-14 power scope on it isn't what I consider the "ultimate whitetail gun" for most of the eastern US. Give me a VX3 1.75-6 anyday.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm just curious what the criteria for judging the "Ultimate Whitetale Rifle" is? I thought you could kill them with a blued rifle, wood stock, and corelocks.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ULA24

Can't really blame Morris for this....that's how the overwhelming majority of whitetail deer nationwide, are killed every year! smile

Morris as been around.....if a guy does as much hunting as Morris does, some big bucks will come easy,and some will take some effort.Anyone who has killed a significant number of mature bucks, knows this.

Speaking in general,I notice a curious thing when it comes to the reaction of some folks when someone kills a big buck...automatically, some people think the hunter "cheated";didn't hunt hard enough,hunted an enclosure or game farm,poached it,had a fat wallet,hunted private property, (like that's some kind of great sin)...No doubt, sometimes this is true.But the last thing these critics want to assume is....the successful hunter knows what he's doing,...and they don't.

But one thing is certain....if you kill any number of big deer,be ready..... you will be attacked eventually,no matter who you are... cry grin

My own deer hunting luck has been pretty good(I've been at it awhile shocked.... and I have killed some good ones,which I have mostly bumped into.......recently I had a guy accuse me of having the deer "tied down" for me..(ridiculous).. killed far too many good ones, apparently,for this guy to comprehend,or accept as "legitimate".I am just too "lucky" and successful for him to accept.This guy does not really "hunt" much and I've known him to kill nothing really....

Point is,much of this criticism comes from people who have not killed any big bucks...(they can't do it so how could anyone else?)..nor put in the time and effort to do so......I think much of this criticism stems from the common human failing called "jealousy"...the Green Monster sick

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
T
TCB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Always........... How much?

Originally Posted by Big8
Anyone want to buy my A7......?

Seeing a lot of these lately...

B8

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
BobinNH, I couldn't agree more. Nobody likes a consistent winner.......in anything. I posted a pic of a giant whitetail sent to me by our landowner's grandson, where the neighbor's killed a monster. First thing someone posted was.....high fence????

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yep the Sako A7 Tecomate. Comes standard with a corn feeder attached to the rear of the receiver and a tame buck tied to the trigger guard. The first 500 to order one will get their very own section of 20 ft chain link fence which they can use to start building their very own Tecomate ranch. LOL!

Last edited by Todd_Bradford; 05/14/11.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,570
Posts18,491,864
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.