Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I hope someone here might can answer. Our youngest son in an Airman at Luke Air Base in Phonix,Az. About 7 weeks ago he posted on facebook that he was alright, but would be out of touch for 5 weeks. A week later he called mom to say he was okay and he would call in a few weeks. My wife asked him if it was personal or work,he answered a little of both.It has been 6 weeks now without a word and mom is getting worried.

My wife grew up as an Airforce brat, so she knows about deployment.

My question is, does the Airforce deploy for 5 weeks at a time now? My wife said she doesn't remember her dad being gone that short of time.

When our son was in January, he admitted he was having a little drinking problem. Rehab could be a possibilty, but that is typically 4or 6 weeks. He also told us he had been getting in trouble over tardiness at work and getting behind in his classes. Could he be in the stockade .
Any one have a clue?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry to hear about your son, mine is in as well. I haven't ever heard of a 5-6 week deployment but he may be TDY "Temp Duty" Check on facebook and see if any of his buddies are on there as his friends and ask them, maybe you'll get some answers.
Good luck with it

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
As parents, you do have some rights in contacting his chain of command and getting an update on his location. I'd start with the Base/Post Locator for Luke AFB, they should be able to direct you to his unit's command offices. If he is in trouble, you'll probably get an answer if he is confined, but not to the nature of the details. If he is deployed, they should be able to tell that he is deployed, but not where. Hopefully, he has yopu listed on his emergency contact information, this will help to get you information on his location and condition. Hope this helps.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was in the USAF as Security Forces (A Cop basically) from 2004-2008. With my experiance this is what I can tell you. Chances are if he has been in trouble with tardiness or alchohol related incidents, he would not deploy. Things like this reflect on an Airman in a negative manner. The USAF only wants to deploy those with a clean record for the most part. He is most likey going through some type of disciplinary action, rehabilitation, or therapy.

I would go to the Luke AFB web site and find the base operator number. Find out if you can speek with his first sergeant.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
He finally called his mom this past weekend. He had been to rehab.Hopefully he can get his life back on track. Thanks for the input.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (BALLISTIK, batch, BamaJoe, Anaconda, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,207 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,141
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.