Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by ULA24

I have seen the Tecomate hunting program. If I were Sako, I would not want to be associated with David Morris and his high rise luxury box blind hunting, out of shape fat boy, farm fed deer assasins. What a joke, his style of hunting ranks right up there with taking your rifle to the local zoo.

Can't really blame Morris for this....that's how the overwhelming majority of whitetail deer nationwide, are killed every year! smile

Morris as been around.....if a guy does as much hunting as Morris does, some big bucks will come easy,and some will take some effort.Anyone who has killed a significant number of mature bucks, knows this.

Speaking in general,I notice a curious thing when it comes to the reaction of some folks when someone kills a big buck...automatically, some people think the hunter "cheated";didn't hunt hard enough,hunted an enclosure or game farm,poached it,had a fat wallet,hunted private property, (like that's some kind of great sin)...No doubt, sometimes this is true.But the last thing these critics want to assume is....the successful hunter knows what he's doing,...and they don't.

But one thing is certain....if you kill any number of big deer,be ready..... you will be attacked eventually,no matter who you are... cry grin

My own deer hunting luck has been pretty good(I've been at it awhile shocked.... and I have killed some good ones,which I have mostly bumped into.......recently I had a guy accuse me of having the deer "tied down" for me..(ridiculous).. killed far too many good ones, apparently,for this guy to comprehend,or accept as "legitimate".I am just too "lucky" and successful for him to accept.This guy does not really "hunt" much and I've known him to kill nothing really....

Point is,much of this criticism comes from people who have not killed any big bucks...(they can't do it so how could anyone else?)..nor put in the time and effort to do so......I think much of this criticism stems from the common human failing called "jealousy"...the Green Monster sick

You nailed it, I could not have put it any better. Thank you

Drummond

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't care for 'roided deer, but if someone wants to grow 'em like that, they can knock themselves out..

It's still a stupid marketing stunt.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Randho - Your statement raises at least 1 question in my mind.

Why are you NOT interested in BIG whitetail bucks?

EVERY deer hunter I know or have known LOOKS FOR the biggest bucks w/ the biggest antlers they can find.

Even SMALL deer leases have 'Big Buck' contests w/in their membership.

Smells questionable to me.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am literally able to shoot unlimited whitetail in my area, and I am not jealous of anyone's accomplishments. Perhap's others do get jealous, it's human nature.

However, hunting tame deer over food plots and or baited fields by pot belly fat boys, simply rubs me the wrong way. There is a reason it is illegal in some states, lots of folks find it immoral. If you want to participate in it, that's fine. Just don't have the audacity to try to tell me which is the best all around deer rifle. Any tactical or sniper rifle will do for this slob style of hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JWALL
Randho - Your statement raises at least 1 question in my mind.

Why are you NOT interested in BIG whitetail bucks?

EVERY deer hunter I know or have known LOOKS FOR the biggest bucks w/ the biggest antlers they can find.

Even SMALL deer leases have 'Big Buck' contests w/in their membership.

Smells questionable to me.

Didn't say I wasn't interested in big deer... Just not interested in growing 'em that way. Someone else wants to do it, fine by me, but I won't be spending my money and time that way.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
[quote=JWALL]

Didn't say I wasn't interested in big deer... Just not interested in growing 'em that way. Someone else wants to do it, fine by me, but I won't be spending my money and time that way.

Exactly....agreed.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH

I have seen the Tecomate hunting program. If I were Sako, I would not want to be associated with David Morris and his high rise luxury box blind hunting, out of shape fat boy, farm fed deer assasins. What a joke, his style of hunting ranks right up there with taking your rifle to the local zoo.

Can't really blame Morris for this....that's how the overwhelming majority of whitetail deer nationwide, are killed every year! smile

Morris as been around.....if a guy does as much hunting as Morris does, some big bucks will come easy,and some will take some effort.Anyone who has killed a significant number of mature bucks, knows this.

Speaking in general,I notice a curious thing when it comes to the reaction of some folks when someone kills a big buck...automatically, some people think the hunter "cheated";didn't hunt hard enough,hunted an enclosure or game farm,poached it,had a fat wallet,hunted private property, (like that's some kind of great sin)...No doubt, sometimes this is true.But the last thing these critics want to assume is....the successful hunter knows what he's doing,...and they don't.

But one thing is certain....if you kill any number of big deer,be ready..... you will be attacked eventually,no matter who you are... cry grin

My own deer hunting luck has been pretty good(I've been at it awhile shocked.... and I have killed some good ones,which I have mostly bumped into.......recently I had a guy accuse me of having the deer "tied down" for me..(ridiculous).. killed far too many good ones, apparently,for this guy to comprehend,or accept as "legitimate".I am just too "lucky" and successful for him to accept.This guy does not really "hunt" much and I've known him to kill nothing really....

Point is,much of this criticism comes from people who have not killed any big bucks...(they can't do it so how could anyone else?)..nor put in the time and effort to do so......I think much of this criticism stems from the common human failing called "jealousy"...the Green Monster sick

Robert; well stated.
I agree with everything in your post - except your signature line. laugh laugh grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

[Linked Image  <br></div></div><br><br>Holy smokes - great buck!</div>
<br>

</div>

<div class=
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They had over 26" of rain up there last year, this year less than 1" so far......I'm sure that had a little to do with it. I've never seen mass like that on a deer either, any deer.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I think a lot of the questioning has to do with people wanting to give credit where credit is due. So if people ask "high fence?", they are withholding their praise until they find out the circumstances of the kill... and unfortunately, for good reason.

I'll give my praise to a guy who hikes in 10 miles on a high hunt, and kills a young 3pt, but not to a guy killed a giant buck while accompanied by an entourage of guys who he is paying to be glassing from pick up trucks. But that's just me.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
strange how these things work!if this would have been labeled A7 "supergrade", "Premier"or "DLX", this rifle would likely be getting praise and people would be saving up their pennies but, the discussion turned quickly from the gun to how it was branded!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Read my posts on this thread...I could care less what they call it.

The a$$ kicking I'm giving them is relative to the stupid decisions they've made with the A7...whatever they call it.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calvin
I think a lot of the questioning has to do with people wanting to give credit where credit is due. So if people ask "high fence?", they are withholding their praise until they find out the circumstances of the kill... and unfortunately, for good reason.

I'll give my praise to a guy who hikes in 10 miles on a high hunt, and kills a young 3pt, but not to a guy killed a giant buck while accompanied by an entourage of guys who he is paying to be glassing from pick up trucks. But that's just me.

I totally agree with that. I don't think the majority of deer are killed in elevated box blinds over baited fields. Maybe on television, not by the average "joe hunter".

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I would bet the majority of whitetail deer killed in the mid-west are from blinds (ground and elevated) over corn, soybeans or winter weat fields.

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin

I totally agree with that. I don't think the majority of deer are killed in elevated box blinds over baited fields. Maybe on television, not by the average "joe hunter".

The majority of the whitetails are killed from some type of stand. I don't sit in stands but I'm not going to belittle those who do.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
iddave, i had a T3 lite ss in the 300 wsm, that i initially bought because of getting a little extra horsepower in a lightweight guy with a rep. for exceptional accuracy. After playing with it awhile, wished it had a better recoil pad and a nicer stock then your basic tupperware and i didnt care for the jump from the muzzleblast..handled the a7 and liked the ergo's well enough, but looked to me to be pretty much more of the same at a higher price tag so i passed . When the tecomate hit the market, i instantly liked the looks of it and it addressed the pad and stock issue and hopefully the heavier barrel contour will help keep the muzzle down for me...kinda funny how the things that turned you off about it actually addressed what i was looking for !

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
elkivory,

I can't fault your reasoning, even if they are different than mine. I'm a HUGE fan of light weight rifles, so anytime a manufacturere starts adding weight under the guise of "improvement" I get pissy.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I can assume the guns shoot good out of the box. i don't know what the price is and i don't care. i have bought 25 remington 700's to finally get one that shot and only then after recrowning. i also have a cheap savage that shoots great and would not sell it for 3 times what i paid. Why is everyone so concerned with how someone chooses to market their product. what does evryone do for a living. If you are getting paid someone is pimping whatever you do just because they make more than you does not make them bad hunters or bad people. No one on here owns anything that has not been pimped in one form or another and i would bet most of that pimping is BS. we need to change this to the green forum cause there is an awful lot of it painting this thread.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
mound - I agree with your principle.

Just curious - Did you give $1410.00 for ANY Rem 700. That's none of my business but that's the current price of a Tecomate A7.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
No but if i could have i would have if it would shoot like any sako out of the box. I spent I don't know how many thousands on remingtons and out of the box i struck out, I know people that have just not me. Sauer, sako,savage, tikka and weatherby have been the great right out of the box, they may cost more but at least i don't feel like i am rolling loaded dice.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338reddog, 264magnum, 62 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.