-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 61 1 2 3 4 60 61
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This really don't pass the smell test on what is available. It also seems like the team went out of control, that is a hell of a lot of expended rounds for one man IMHO.

I really would like to know the whole story on this one. Until then I will reserve judgment. But I will state that I think the over militarization of the police in general and the freedom of no knock warrants is wrong. They should be reserved for the most serious of cases and require much verification prior to issue IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Knockiing on the right door may be a starting point.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
hope to God he was a guy involved with drug trafficking as the warrant suggested
Because that would make it right? Not in my world.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Warrantless searches seem to be gaining alarming momentum

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...s-house-to-house-searches-are-okay.shtml

Failure's always an option
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Disgusting all around. I can easily see how a seemingly non-stop series of these kinds of stories can turn what was once inherent respect into a deep hatred, especially when many were far from being in love to begin with.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
A fella here (as in on the 'fire) recently made a comment about realizing that we live as "free range chickens".

He's right...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I don't think he was SHOT 60 times, but more likely than not, shot AT 60+ times.

Not that it matters.

exactly
if he was hit 60 times, they shot about 200 at him
and he's look like ground meat

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by T LEE
This really don't pass the smell test on what is available. It also seems like the team went out of control, that is a hell of a lot of expended rounds for one man IMHO.

I really would like to know the whole story on this one. Until then I will reserve judgment. But I will state that I think the over militarization of the police in general and the freedom of no knock warrants is wrong. They should be reserved for the most serious of cases and require much verification prior to issue IMHO.

Covers my thoughts.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All I know is that the 4th Amendment was violated by the police. But hell who needs the 4th Amendment. I thought the Federal government was suppose to protect us from the evil State government.

Damn I hate government.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Foxbat;

Safe play having T do so. I think I'll follow suit.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE

DITTOS!!!!!

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
as so many times not enough actual facts to make a determination

but some facts remain clear

a man that served his country honorably is dead

there's a widow and two orphans left behind

police are responsible for his death

medical attention was delayed, though you have to wonder how medics are gonna save a guy shot 60 times

hope to God he was a guy involved with drug trafficking as the warrant suggested

otherwise how do the SWAT guys live with themselves if this was just a tragic mistake?

even more troubling, what if it was a mistake and they are able to clear their conscience by "hey it was just bad intel, the guy should have dropped to the ground"

how many of us with our doors being broken down would our first instinct be to protect our family?

even if it's the last instinct you'll ever have
If cops are not already engaged with an armed and violent criminal, it needs to be illegal to call in a dynamic entry team. This is not how we're supposed to live in the United States.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shot AT for 71 rounds and hit 60?? Just out of curiousity, does Tucson require college degree of some sort for recruits??? Something VERY wrong here. That is PANIC shooting. Uncontrolled fear does that. What kind of scuz have they been hiring?? This should result in criminal action.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude
All I know is that the 4th Amendment was violated by the police. But hell who needs the 4th Amendment.
'Subjects' in IN have no Fourth Amendment any more..

And it's comin' to a city/state near you...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
This story really stinks.
In a statement, the sheriff's office criticized the media, saying that while questions will inevitably be raised, "It is unacceptable and irresponsible to couch those questions with implications of secrecy and a coverup, not to mention questioning the legality of actions that could not have been taken without the approval of an impartial judge."

I guess we just need to sit back, and let the cops kill us at their convenience, and never question what they do.

No wonder there are so many cop 'haters' out there, there is so much to distrust.
You're like two different people, Sam. Sometimes you're dead right (like now) and sometimes you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Are you by any chance a multiple personality?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Here's a quote from the article -

In a statement, the sheriff's office criticized the media, saying that while questions will inevitably be raised, "It is unacceptable and irresponsible to couch those questions with implications of secrecy and a coverup, not to mention questioning the legality of actions that could not have been taken without the approval of an impartial judge."

Hey, sheriff, go [bleep] yourself. Raising questions is what the media is supposed to do, especially when the police are not forthcoming with answers and lie about this poor guy shooting first.

As for the impartial judge, he or she can only base a decision on information supplied by the police. I would love to see what that was.

Man, I am sick of these SWAT drug raids. I hate drugs and drug dealers but this kind of law enforcement has got to stop.

Damned right!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bbassi
�Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. Government is force; like fire it is a dangerous servant -- and a fearful master.� - Look it up
George Washington.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
I didn't see anything about the police identifying themselves in there........ what's swats procedure on that?

They generally don't look like the Avon lady..

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Naw... F'k playing it smart...

Look, that Marine put his life on the line for the rest of us, including that "team".

If he was a drug smuggler, then he disgraced us all, and had it coming.

If not...

He was the best of us; defended us; sacrificed for us... And was slaughtered in front of his wife and kid by over-zealous and erroneous cops with an ego trip and the authority to do as they pleased.

If the latter is true....

Reassign them all (up the entire chain of command) to Afghanistan and Iraqi; front-line units, on point...every day, for the rest those conflicts.

Award his family their civilian salaries and pensions, and have them all start at E-1 and try to earn anything back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe, just maybe the police heard the toilet flushing. eek

BP...

Page 2 of 61 1 2 3 4 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 896 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.