Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 60 61
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Knockiing on the right door may be a starting point.
Those sorts of mistakes are inevitable, which is why such raids need outlawing yesterday. SWAT was designed to respond to an already hot situation, not meant to issue search warrants. That has to stop. It's a surefire formula for tyranny. Search warrants need to be issued in a non-violent manner in order to serve their intended function, which is to allow the home owner to understand that a court has properly authorized the search so that he knows not to resist with violence.

Remember, any forced entry into a home in a free society is presumed to be done by those who mean to criminally harm you, and therefore violent resistance, in a free society, is the norm. The purpose of the warrant is to demonstrate that no violent resistance is needed, because the people seeking entry are acting on extra-ordinary legal authority from the courts. So cops need to knock, wait for an answer like a normal person (not dressed like soldiers), and show the home-owner the legal proof of their authority to enter, giving him time to verify its validity and cooperate with the lawful order. No exceptions. All errors must be made on the side of the rights of the individual, not the convenience or safety of the police (if you don't want a dangerous job, do something else), or for the ultimate success of the prosecutors.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Shot AT for 71 rounds and hit 60?? Just out of curiousity, does Tucson require college degree of some sort for recruits??? Something VERY wrong here. That is PANIC shooting. Uncontrolled fear does that. What kind of scuz have they been hiring?? This should result in criminal action.

Police today are trained to go home safe after their shift no matter what it takes to do that. Unfortunately, to many police shoot first and ask questions later.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Shot AT for 71 rounds and hit 60?? Just out of curiousity, does Tucson require college degree of some sort for recruits??? Something VERY wrong here. That is PANIC shooting. Uncontrolled fear does that. What kind of scuz have they been hiring?? This should result in criminal action.

Police today are trained to go home safe after their shift no matter what it takes to do that. Unfortunately, to many police shoot first and ask questions later.
Yep.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Knockiing on the right door may be a starting point.
Those sorts of mistakes are inevitable, which is why such raids need outlawing yesterday. SWAT was designed to respond to an already hot situation, not meant to issue search warrants. That has to stop. It's a surefire formula for tyranny.

I remember when the TV show "SWAT" first came out. The TV ad said, "When the you are in trouble you call the police. When the police are in trouble they call SWAT." Unfortunately, that's not the story today.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude

I remember when the TV show "SWAT" first came out. The TV ad said, "When the you are in trouble you call the police. When the police are in trouble they call SWAT." Unfortunately, that's not the story today.
Right. That's the only possible justification for a special militarized police unit, and even that's pushing it in a free society. They've gone completely overboard. That's the nature of slippery slopes, though. For that reason, you have to stay far clear of them to avoid the fall all the way down.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tucsonan
Warrantless searches seem to be gaining alarming momentum

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...s-house-to-house-searches-are-okay.shtml

With only Ginsberg to fight against them, not much chance of anything improving soon.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
When/if the IN decision goes national, so too goes any deference to a badge or uniform.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
When/if the IN decision goes national, so too goes any deference to a badge or uniform.
+1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here: I would at least remain neutral on this one until all the facts come out, last time I checked the police are not the enemy, they are putting their butts on the line to protect us, just like that Marine did...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I dis-agree with it being panic shooting. If it would have been panic shooting they would have missed most of those shots not hit them.

Dink

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bend_Shooter
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here: I would at least remain neutral on this one until all the facts come out, last time I checked the police are not the enemy, they are putting their butts on the line to protect us, just like that Marine did...
They are not supposed to be our enemies, for sure. But if they're violating our fundamental rights, such as to remain secure in our homes, to that extent, the times they are a-changing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Reassign them all (up the entire chain of command) to Afghanistan and Iraqi; front-line units, on point...every day, for the rest those conflicts.

Award his family their civilian salaries and pensions, and have them all start at E-1 and try to earn anything back.

That wouldn't be good enough for me if it were my father/brother/son who was killed. I'd want them ALL DEAD, no if ands or buts, preferably by my hand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Over my lifetime I have gone from the utmost respect for Law Enforcement to a deep loathing for what they have become. My wife worked for our local force for six years and has lost her respect for LEO in general. Excessive force and lethal trampling of basic individual rights need to be reined in, and present SWAT teams need to be disbanded. Start over with a different philosophy...Protect life first, and stop the knock and crash mindset.

If this offends the good and responsible LEO here, I apologize to them. I still feel as I do, however.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
But if
================

Keep that caution front and center,schoolmarm!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by podunkkennels
I didn't see anything about the police identifying themselves in there........ what's swats procedure on that?

They generally don't look like the Avon lady..

There have been home invasions around here where the criminals were wearing tactical gear.

This kind of SWAT crap makes the Heller case ruling on the right of self defense a sad joke. Exercise your rights with peril.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Over my lifetime I have gone from the utmost respect for Law Enforcement to a deep loathing for what they have become. If this offends the good and responsible LEO here, I apologize to them. I still feel as I do, however.

I believe that I feel that very same way.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Blackheart;

I can't/won't say what I'd like to see happen if the idea I put out wouldn't fly...

Crazy; not stupid.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The excuse for all this was the war on [some] drugs. That needs to go. If neither party to a transaction can be considered a victim, then no cops need to be involved.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bend_Shooter
Uh...that's not the kind of protection I want.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by isaac
But if
================

Keep that caution front and center,schoolmarm!

Brought to you by a graduate of the Hitler/Nietzsche school of legal brief writing. Damn you're dumb.

Page 3 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 14 invisible), 993 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.