Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 60 61
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by isaac
You don't know schit. You haven't from day 1,nitwit!

You might be a little off-base, friend.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No schit,man!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
By my settings it only took us four pages to reach the trifecta....We've decided what happened at a place we weren't at, why it happened in a situation we know nearly nothing about and how it will all pan out in the future.

We're getting good, but we're pretty well experienced at it....

yeah, there are a LOT cop killings and no knock warrants gone bad to discuss, eh?

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
By my settings it only took us four pages to reach the trifecta....We've decided what happened at a place we weren't at, why it happened in a situation we know nearly nothing about and how it will all pan out in the future.

We're getting good, but we're pretty well experienced at it....

Man you done spoke a mouthfull. Old Nostrademus ain't got nothing on us.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

====================

And then again,I might not.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

====================

Don't see any stench on this raid?

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are also a lot more cops being ambushed and killed. Cause & effect, I don't know, but the cops paying the price are not the ones doing the no knocks. They are answering complaints and doing traffic stops.

Just some food for thought.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why were there bullet holes going into the house from outside? Not just one by many?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by MckinneyMike
60 OF 71 is stellar accuracy compared to most deadly force shootings. Well below 50% is more the norm.

Proximity has that effect.

How close were they?

Dink

Considering it was inside the house.....

Oh, that's right, I'm sure this 26 year old working class young Marine working night shifts at a cooper mine with 2 young kids was living in a posh 40,000 square foot home where the firefight (one sided) took place across the indoor tennis court.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

====================

==============

Not yet,no. Nor do you. Not a stench that's based in fact,anyways. I'm the first one to jump on a bad cop,if he/she is deserving. I'm simply going to have all my facts before I go there. That strategy is what seems normal to me. Some MsMV.

Last edited by isaac; 05/20/11.

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Foxbat
60 OF 71 is stellar accuracy compared to most deadly force shootings. Well below 50% is more the norm.

Proximity has that effect.

How close were they?

Dink

Considering it was inside the house.....

Oh, that's right, I'm sure this 26 year old working class young Marine working night shifts at a cooper mine with 2 young kids was living in a posh 40,000 square foot home where the firefight (one sided) took place across the indoor tennis court.

The point is none of us know. At a minimum there were three weapons that had to be shot. So this probaly did not happen at contact distance.

Keep in mind that they were at that working class marines residence to serve a dope warrant. Not once did I read that they had the wrong residence so they were in the right place.

Dink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bad cops, bad warrants, bad guys.....

What we KNOW FOR SURE is that this is sad. Kids will grow up without a dad, which is a tragedy regardless of what the facts turn out to be.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

The point is none of us know. At a minimum there were three weapons that had to be shot. So this probaly did not happen at contact distance.

Keep in mind that they were at that working class marines residence to serve a dope warrant. Not once did I read that they had the wrong residence so they were in the right place.

Dink

I'm just pointing out that a little logic would dictate that the distance was, in all probability, pretty darn close.

I haven't made any other assumptions in this and certainly wouldn't leap to any conclusions that they were or were not in the right place or that the intel they received in the first place, to request the warrant, was golden or garbage.

Now, someone else might point out that the Sheriffs office is playing this real close to the vest, refusing to answer any questions other than recanting their original claim that the victim fired his rifle.

And given Sheriff Dupnik's history of running his mouth when he doesn't have the facts (see the Gifford's shooting), someone else might point out that ol' Dupnik would very likely be shouting from the mountaintop that his boys WERE in the right place and found a ton of cocaine and that it was absolutely a righteous shoot...... Someone else might point that out...., but I'm not willing to just yet.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"They found nothing in the house that was illegal,"

"And the Pima County sheriff scolded the media for "questioning the legality" of the shooting." (that's [bleep]' DUPNIK, champion of the 2A, doncha' know)

"He was asleep in his Tucson home after working a night shift at the Asarco copper mine...." if he's workin' for Asarco Mine, his pizz tests are on record,....(like MINE, GTC).....not to many "Dealers" would be found there. IMHO.

"At first the Pima County Sheriff's Office said that Guerena fired first, but on Wednesday officials backtracked and said he had not. "The safety was on and he could not fire," according to the sheriff's statement."

You just keep on defending this sorta' behavior, it seems to be what you do best (and LOUDEST)

Sheeesh

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

==============

Not yet,no. Nor do you. Not a stench that's based in fact,anyways. I'm the first one to jump on a bad cop,if he/she is deserving. I'm simply going to have all my facts before I go there. That strategy is what seems normal to me. Some MsMV.

You do know that saying something smells bad...is not the same as cop bashing...something smells bad before you have all the facts...It is or isn't bad after you have them

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Assassination then?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Seems to me, the whole police culture has changed. When I was a kid, we were taught that cops were your friend, AND THEY WERE! Recently, (over the last 15 years, or so)I see cops in a lot of military-type clothing. Seems to me that "they" have become antagonistic "Rambo-wannabe's", or in plain language - The Enemy - to regular civilians.
Many ex-police that I know well agree.
That said, I will await the evidence.
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What else did your preacher say while you were on them?
Wow! You really reveal yourself for the punk you are.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE
But I will state that I think the over militarization of the police in general and the freedom of no knock warrants is wrong. They should be reserved for the most serious of cases and require much verification prior to issue IMHO.

Gotta justify the budget, dont'cha know.

God, I hate that I've gotten this cynical.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sure,I understand that. I'll clarify. The predisposition to believe something smells bad,at the outset and without facts in support, is troubling to me.

Last edited by isaac; 05/20/11.

William Arthur Ward

Page 5 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 34 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,211
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.