Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 61 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 60 61
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
Why can't they grab these "suspects" when they leave the house instead of conducting invasions?
Where's the adrenaline rush in that?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Keep in mind that they were at that working class marines residence to serve a dope warrant. Not once did I read that they had the wrong residence so they were in the right place.

Dink"

Nothing illegal was found. Makes me think they were very much in the wrong place.

I'm better when I move.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
There are also a lot more cops being ambushed and killed. Cause & effect, I don't know, but the cops paying the price are not the ones doing the no knocks. They are answering complaints and doing traffic stops.

Just some food for thought.
Yep, because the raiders wear masks and don't display their names as required by law. Pretty smart of them, don't you think?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Sure,I understand that. I'll clarify. The predisposition to believe something smells bad,at the outset and without facts in support, is troubling to me.

71 shots fired inside a home where they know of a woman and a child. Nothing illegal was found. No knock warrant. A veteran. Guessin our sense of smell is different.

Can you get me out of it if I shoot an intruder 60 times?

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Sure,I understand that. I'll clarify. The predisposition to believe something smells bad,at the outset and without facts in support, is troubling to me.

That's it in a nutshell....

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If it is ruled a righteous shooting,the number of shots is legally irrelevant.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Seems to me, the whole police culture has changed. When I was a kid, we were taught that cops were your friend, AND THEY WERE! Recently, (over the last 15 years, or so)I see cops in a lot of military-type clothing. Seems to me that "they" have become antagonistic "Rambo-wannabe's", or in plain language - The Enemy - to regular civilians.
Many ex-police that I know well agree.
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus! An hour before medics were allowed? Wtf?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

So it matters not for my defense if I reloaded my 6 shooter 10 times...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HawkI

That's it in a nutshell....
Exactly.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Mac84

Oh yeah...that too on the smell bad chart

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Don't want him testifying, don't you know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm guessing the simple answer is that there was no rush for the medics by that stage...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

============

Are you making up facts,again?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Pete E

I'm guessing the simple answer is that there was no rush for the medics by that stage...

=================

The simpler answer is it is always proper protocol to insure no more shooters exist before sending in medics.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

=================

The simpler answer is it is always proper protocol to insure no more shooters exist before sending in medics.

So it doesn't smell bad that it took an hour to clear a house?..likely a small one.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

There are some known facts:

Marine is dead.

Marine never fired his weapon.

SWAT fired 71 shots, despite Marine never firing his weapon.

Marine was in HIS HOME.

Sheriffs office has not claimed drugs were found.

What "facts", pray tell, would cause this to "smell good" to you?

Now let's just assume for a minute that this was the right house, the intel given the Sheriffs office was righteous, there was a cache of cocaine in a closet and the Marine was involved in trafficking......

The above scenario would make this a righteous shooting. However there are two very problematic issues with this event that cannot, under any circumstances be acceptable in this country.

1. 71 shots fired in a house with children, with no return fire. This is simply unforgivable and it is not based on assumption, it has been acknowledged by the Pima County SD.

2. A "no-knock" warrant in this situation, is unacceptable. Period. If you have the intel that this guy was involved in drugs, then you should also know who is living in the home and where/what time he works. If you don't, then spend a few hours finding out.

Only a complete [bleep] idiot would think it is more desirable to stage a home invasion where 2 children live, than to pick this guy up going to, at or coming back from work. Then you can search the home, with less potential for either his family, him or LEO's getting killed.

The Marine being shot while holding his rifle can be explained with missing information. The two issues above, cannot. They smell. No unknown information can make them not "smell".

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

============

Are you making up facts,again?

Sorry jumped tracks on you...I was referring to my hypothetical shooting of an intruder. But were you saying if I had a 71 round magazine I can empty it into the intruder?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

=================

It's an 1800 sq ft house with 3 bedrooms. SWAT was already in the living room. Stevie [bleep] Wonder could clear that house in less than an hour.

Last edited by Foxbat; 05/20/11.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No doubt thats a consideration, but it shouldn't take an hour to clear a typical house...Police probably did that, and then other normal Police stuff as would be required...

Getting the Medics to deal with the body would be somewhere down on the list of things to do, but no longer a priority...

Out of curiousity, do the Police use standard military ball in their rifles, or SP/HP ammo?

Last edited by Pete E; 05/20/11.
Page 6 of 61 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

387 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 35 invisible), 1,484 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,211
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.