Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 61 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 60 61
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Where did it say it was a no knock warrant?

He had time to wake up, understand what was happening, get his AR, tell wife and kids to get in closet. There is alot of time there for a no knock warrant. Thats not taking into account if he had to load the the AR or not. I would think with small kids that it was out of reach of them or had to be loaded (not near the bed).

Dink

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It has nothing to do with clearing the house when the possibility of 1 or more live shooters are still capable of firing weapons at either the police or unarmed medical personnel.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
His wife woke him up...not the gentle knock at the door by those there to protect him.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Where did it say it was a no knock warrant?

He had time to wake up, understand what was happening, get his AR, tell wife and kids to get in closet. There is alot of time there for a no knock warrant. Thats not taking into account if he had to load the the AR or not. I would think with small kids that it was out of reach of them or had to be loaded (not near the bed).

Dink

Lets face it, beyond the basic reported facts, everything else is conjecture and speculation...

I mean how do they know the body was hit 60 times, and not say 55 or 68 or whatever?

The state the body would be in would mean an autopsy would be required to determine that..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac
It has nothing to do with clearing the house when the possibility of 1 or more live shooters are still capable of firing weapons at either the police or unarmed medical personnel.

Illogical. They busted the door down, it's not like it was a hostage situation. If you are busting doors down in a small house, you're not setting up in the living room waiting for further instructions, before clearing the 3 bedrooms and the shytter.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Originally Posted by Mac84
Jesus! An hour before medics were allowed? Wtf?

Oh yeah...that too on the smell bad chart

I'm guessing the simple answer is that there was no rush for the medics by that stage...

It's not their call to make. Back when this was my gig, medics were on standby for us and the bad guy if something went bad.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If it is ruled a righteous shooting,the number of shots is legally irrelevant.

So it would never be brought up?

Strike that from the record.....right.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

How did Giffords survive? Had to be a better possibility of more shooters in that instance...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mac84
It's not their call to make. Back when this was my gig, medics were on standby for us and the bad guy if something went bad.

Thats why I said "...by that stage"

But i do agree that I would have expected the Police to have medics on hand as part of the operation, even if they weren't allowed access immediately...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by HawkI
If it is ruled a righteous shooting,the number of shots is legally irrelevant.

So it would never be brought up?

Strike that from the record.....right.

==============

Who said it couldn't be brought up? Bringing it up has nothing to do with whether it's relevant or not.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Point being its legally irrelevant, but its still going to be brought up, because it does matter.

Reverse Scarface isn't something the legal system finds redeeming...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

Updated: May 19, 2011 4:45 PM EDT
By Brian White, producer - bio | email

Both sides in SWAT shooting case come out swingingNOTE: We'll be hearing from the lawyers representing the Guerenas later Thursday.

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - The lawyer assigned to represent the SWAT team who fatally shot a suspect said the operatives clearly identified themselves upon entering.

In a press conference held Thursday, Michael Storie -- the attorney representing law enforcement officers involved in the shooting-- said they clearly identified themselves as police in both English and Spanish.

After banging on the door for up to a minute with no answer, Storie said, the SWAT team decided to force their way in.

"This was not a no-knock warrant situation," Storie said.

SWAT operatives fired on the suspect, 26-year-old Jose Guerena, at least 60 times. Guerena pointed an assault rifle at the SWAT team as they breached the home, prompting the gunfire, Storie told reporters Thursday.

Despite initial reports from the Sheriff's Department that Guerena fired at them, deputies eventually said the suspect did not fire at the officers and that the safety mechanism was engaged.

Storie said there was a variety of situations that would've lead the SWAT team to believe that Guerena shot at them, including confusion and a false "interpretation" of the situation due to the stresses.

He described a scene full of smoke, "splinters" and sounds that could've lead to the shooting.

Ultimately, Storie said, the SWAT operatives felt threatened because Guerena pointed the assault rifle at them.

"These were not the actions of a citizen wanting a peaceful outcome," Storie said, referring to Guerena's actions.

After the shooting, the SWAT team withdrew from the house, not knowing if the suspect had been shot or not because he fell out of view, according to the lawyer. At that point, they reassessed the situation as a "barricaded person" being in the home. The attorney said the SWAT team was unsure if there were other armed suspects in the house at that time.

Medical teams were not allowed in because of this, Storie said. SWAT operatives sent in robots to ensure the house was cleared, he added.

SEARCH WARRANTS

So what was found at the home during the search? The judge assigned to the case has sealed the search warrant returns, preventing the public from knowing.

"Everything they think they're gonna find in there, they find," Storie said.

Handguns, assault rifles, part of a law enforcement uniform and body armor were found, he said. Along with a portrait of Jes�s Malverde, the patron saint of drug running. The portrait was found under the suspect's bed face up, Storie said.

Storie believes that Guerena and/or the group he was allegedly working with used the law enforcement uniforms to invade other homes.

MULTIPLE HOUSE RAID

The lawyer went into a little detail about the multiple search warrants linked to this case that SWAT operatives were serving that day.

Storie said that determining the timing of calls made that day to 911 will be important in the case. He believes that Guerena's wife called one of the houses being searched to notify those suspects her husband had been shot.

He thinks this because residents in those homes screamed at law enforcement when they arrived.

"How did he get this information?" Storie asked. "This information had to come from within this house, from the wife, to the relatives."

OTHER NOTES

Storie said a "hit" was made on a law enforcement officer's license plate after driving by his house for surveillance purposes.

Storie believes Guerena noticed the surveillance unit driving by and had the plate checked against Department of Motor Vehicle records. The records on that plate were pulled minutes after driving by, he said.

William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by HawkI
Point being its legally irrelevant, but its still going to be brought up, because it does matter.

Reverse Scarface isn't something the legal system finds redeeming...

Especially with two kids in the house. And if they didn't know there were two kids in the house, then this enters a second layer of ineptitude.

The house is in his and the wife's name, if the SD did the home work of a 1st grader, they would know there would be kids in the house at that time.

This wasn't some crackhouse in a bad neighborhood. The house next door is 12-15' away and these houses are wood frame and stucco. Unless they were using frangible loads, they could easily have killed the neighbors firing 71 times.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The plot thickens.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yes,it sure does.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Both sides in SWAT shooting case come out swingingNOTE: We'll be hearing from the lawyers representing the Guerenas later Thursday.

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - The lawyer assigned to represent the SWAT team who fatally shot a suspect said the operatives clearly identified themselves upon entering.

In a press conference held Thursday, Michael Storie -- the attorney representing law enforcement officers involved in the shooting-- said they clearly identified themselves as police in both English and Spanish.

After banging on the door for up to a minute with no answer, Storie said, the SWAT team decided to force their way in.

SWAT operatives fired on the suspect, 26-year-old Jose Guerena, at least 60 times. Guerena pointed an assault rifle at the SWAT team as they breached the home, prompting the gunfire, Storie told reporters Thursday.

Despite initial reports from the Sheriff's Department that Guerena fired at them, deputies eventually said the suspect did not fire at the officers and that the safety mechanism was engaged.

Storie said there was a variety of situations that would've lead the SWAT team to believe that Guerena shot at them, including confusion and a false "interpretation" of the situation due to the stresses.

He described a scene full of smoke, "splinters" and sounds that could've lead to the shooting.

Ultimately, Storie said, the SWAT operatives felt threatened because Guerena pointed the assault rifle at them.

"These were not the actions of a citizen wanting a peaceful outcome," Storie said, referring to Guerena's actions.

After the shooting, the SWAT team withdrew from the house, not knowing if the suspect had been shot or not because he fell out of view, according to the lawyer. At that point, they reassessed the situation as a "barricaded person" being in the home. The attorney said the SWAT team was unsure if there were other armed suspects in the house at that time.

Medical teams were not allowed in because of this, Storie said. SWAT operatives sent in robots to ensure the house was cleared, he added.

SEARCH WARRANTS

So what was found at the home during the search? The judge assigned to the case has sealed the search warrant returns, preventing the public from knowing.

Handguns, assault rifles, part of a law enforcement uniform and body armor were found, he said. Along with a portrait of Jes�s Malverde, the patron saint of drug running. The portrait was found under the suspect's bed face up, Storie said.

Storie believes that Guerena and/or the group he was allegedly working with used the law enforcement uniforms to invade other homes.

MULTIPLE HOUSE RAID

The lawyer went into a little detail about the multiple search warrants linked to this case that SWAT operatives were serving that day.

Storie said that determining the timing of calls made that day to 911 will be important in the case. He believes that Guerena's wife called one of the houses being searched to notify those suspects her husband had been shot.

He thinks this because residents in those homes screamed at law enforcement when they arrived.

"How did he get this information?" Storie asked. "This information had to come from within this house, from the wife, to the relatives."

OTHER NOTES

Storie said a "hit" was made on a law enforcement officer's license plate after driving by his house for surveillance purposes.

Storie believes Guerena noticed the surveillance unit driving by and had the plate checked against Department of Motor Vehicle records. The records on that plate were pulled minutes after driving by, he said.

Now I am willing to say that it smells less bad...but there are points that still don't add up to smelling good.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

SEARCH WARRANTS

MULTIPLE HOUSE RAID

OTHER NOTES

Thanks, that only makes these morons sound more incompetent.

"up to a minute" LMAO.... So they don't really know and "up to a minute"...could be 20 seconds apparently... with this group of Barney Pfifes as they didn't bother to time it and they apparently don't have a protocol for how long to wait after knocking. Never mind that "up to a minute" is enough time for someone to get out of bed, get dressed and answer the door? On what planet?

So the smoke, splinters and sounds from their own weapons.... is the justification for the shooting? This weasel is a hoot. Wonder where he went to law school, West Pima County Community College and online law degrees LLC?

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Like I said,it's best to wait and see how the facts develop. If this man was part of a drug and home invasion operation,then everyone calms down....if they're sane and rational,that is.

If the "heat" F'd up,those kids and their mommy will have their redress,bigtime.

But yes,just 3 hours later there appears to be more insight making this matter,as is most often the case,another situation comprising two sides of a dynamic situation.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're flailing in your back-pedal,FB!

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Like I said,it's best to wait and see how the facts develop. If this man was part of a drug and home invasion operation,then everyone calms down....if they're sane and rational,that is.

If the "heat" F'd up,those kids and their mommy will have their redress,bigtime.
But yes,just 3 hours later there appears to be more insight making this matter,as is most often the case,another situation comprising two sides of a dynamic situation.

And all I ever said was that it smelled bad.

But for the bolded part...don't mean chit...

Page 7 of 61 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,336
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.