Page 14 of 61 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 60 61
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HawkI
It is a predetermined factor (not fact), else they wouldn't have a warrant, now would they?

Guilt was not predetermined and I should have used "alleged" for clarification.
Sounded like you were blaming the dad for endangering his son by engaging in something that he's presumed not to be involved in, i.e., drug trafficking.

He is presumed innocent, however a Judge somewhere signed off that there was probable cause for the search warrant. Hard to judge the team since none of us were there. That said if someone in the house, marine or not, safety on or not, is pointing a rifle at them, theres going to be some shooting. Like LT said it dosn't take long to fire 71 rounds with sub guns and shot guns.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hmmmm....seems as if I recall that the local sheriff in Waco made a comment that David Koresh made frequent trips to town by himself and that he could have been taken a lot easier that way!!

That would seem to 'fit' any suspect IMO....and I've arrested quite a few folks in my day!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
This sounds like the age old questions all LEO's get from the kids of the suspect.

You don't know my mom or dad did that, why are You doing this to my mom or dad?

Why are You so mean?

Its all Your fault mom or dad is going to jail.

Question for all LEO's how do you answer these kids?

I say I'm not doing this, Your Mom or Dad has caused this to happen. You should ask Mom or Dad why they are going to jail.

TRH seems confused in what it takes to issue a warrant (search or arrest) or to arrest someone.

HINT its "probable cause" not "beyond a reasonable doubt", thats what it takes to convict someone in a criminal case.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Hmmmm....seems as if I recall that the local sheriff in Waco made a comment that David Koresh made frequent trips to town by himself and that he could have been taken a lot easier that way!!

That would seem to 'fit' any suspect IMO....and I've arrested quite a few folks in my day!!

That would be an option in the case of an arrest warrant, but wasn't this a search warrant?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is why I do not like these threads....I say that first impression is that something smells funny...then after Bob's news report...I say it smells less funny but still something aint right...then I have TRH +1'ing me...and I have to go find some toilet paper and wipe the possibility of becoming KOTY off me...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B2

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I apologize for my ignorance, KOTY?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Give the Gestapo a break. At least no innocent dogs were shot in this murder

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

+1.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP

Kook of the Year.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by LBP

Kook of the Year.

Ah Ha, Thank You Sir...

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by LBP

I used quick reply...was meant for the general population...and KDK was correct...KOTY = Kook of the year...a title that is well deserved by TRH...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From experience I jumped straight to the last page to see if there were any updated facts...assuming of course the preceding 12 pages were full of rants and speculation?

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
This is why I do not like these threads....I say that first impression is that something smells funny...then after Bob's news report...I say it smells less funny but still something aint right...then I have TRH +1'ing me...and I have to go find some toilet paper and wipe the possibility of becoming KOTY off me...

Now I will comment since KDK educated me on KOTY, thanks again.

Its a very emotional case and written in a way to cause that reaction "SWAT kills Marine in his home" Lots of folks some even at the campfire rush to judgement, TRH tends to do this especially when it involves cops.

I think it was LT Powell that said unless you were there its best to reserve judgement until the facts come out. Thats what I learned in the academy years ago and it has served me well and continues to do so. If the cops were in the wrong it will come out, and they will be held accountable. If they are innocent that will come out too. Remember the DUKE athletes the media was so sure rapped the stripper? Snap judgement sure didn't help them.

Lord knows our justice system is not perfect but its the best going.

Just my 2 cents, which does not matter at all...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no idea what happened, I was not there.

I have feelings for both parties involved. I like Marines and cops.

The cops wanted to go home to their families. The Marine's family lost a member of the family.

It sucks no matter which way you look at it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mistakes were made.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't see the news report where this was being tried as such.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there's plenty of time yet for a new KOTY to show up.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Mac84
I didn't see the news report where this was being tried as such.

Your correct Mac, I didn't mean to insinuate they were on trial...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HawkI
It was presumed he was involved in drug trafficking, by the warrant being issued.

They don't issue warrants because your suspected of nothing.

A search warrant is issued when a reasonable person would believe, based on information currently available, that there is a better than even chance that criminal evidence is located at the residence. This does not establish a presumption of guilt. All are to be presumed by agents of the state innocent of a crime until proven otherwise in a court of law.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That's what I get for being humble.

Well, I thought that was a followup to the tactics you asked me to set out. I had to pick up my wife from the airport though and just got back.

Regardless, these threads always get personal, which is why I usually avoid them. People here tend to be 100% pro LE or 100% anti, I try to see both sides. I respect how difficult the job is, but I fear where we're headed.
While I favor the keeping of the peace, and thus peace officers, I cannot be, without reservation, pro law enforcement, because these days many of our laws are entirely tyrannical. When an agent of state enforces them, therefore, he is enforcing tyranny, which is why I often refer to cops as tyranny enforcers to be more precise. A peace officer only responds to authentic victimization and disturbances of the civil order, and is not an unthinking enforcer of laws. After all, the German Gestapo were law enforcers too, but they were not peace officers, therefore a moral person, it seems to me, cannot simply take a pro law enforcement stance.

Page 14 of 61 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (anothergun, 338Rules, 6mmbrfan, 10 invisible), 920 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.