Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 61 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 60 61
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Calling a 30 second knock and crash, NOT a No-Knock warrant, is like saying you didn't rape the girl, because she was unable to say "no" with the duct tape over her mouth.
Well said again, and spot on.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Right. And, you never served a day. Your father did.
============

That's the exact point I intended to confirm.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Exactly.

FWIW, and to further that point, your step-daughters could and would get a better auto insurance rate, simply by association with a grandfather who served, than I could, even though I served and my driving record is rather impeccable (not to mention being a far lower actuarial risk than a teenaged kid).

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My stepdaughter has better rates than I do and her vehicle is 2 years old. I couldn't believe it and she's had 1 fender bender and a ticket.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Among the reasons that USAA doesn't get my business.

Compounded, of course, by their transient rules as to who does/doesn't qualify for coverage.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Calling a 30 second knock and crash, NOT a No-Knock warrant, is like saying you didn't rape the girl, because she was unable to say "no" with the duct tape over her mouth.

Not so, says the SCOTUS.

Ah, no. Better check Wilson vs. Arkansas.

Announce presence AND provide residents with an opportunity to open the door.

There are mitigating factors to avoid the wait, but they must be proven. The most obvious being imminent danger to the LEO's. They're going to have a hard time with that, since they stated that they backed out of the home AFTER recognizing the target was armed.

There goes... "we went in because we saw he had a rifle" right down the shytter.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I love USAA. NFCU,on the other hand, has really been pissing me off,lately.

William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
USAA does great for those that it takes, when it decides to take them, and if they can stomach being discriminated against if prior service and not an officer.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Exactly.

FWIW, and to further that point, your step-daughters could and would get a better auto insurance rate, simply by association with a grandfather who served, than I could, even though I served and my driving record is rather impeccable (not to mention being a far lower actuarial risk than a teenaged kid).

I'm with USAA and that is annoying. However they have at least allowed former enlisted that didn't join during active duty, to now join. Didn't help me since I'm on through my wife who is on, because her father was an officer. LOL makes sense, right?

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
No, they still decide who gets in and who doesn't. They determine what qualifications, discharge (their own definitions of "honorable" as sufficient"), and all the rest.

Oh, and even if you get in, you're still charged more than the grandchild of an officer, who that child and that child's parent, never served a day.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
There's more. Get this...my father put 1000.00 into a NFCU account when my son was born. He'll be 24 years old in August. NFCU is already courting him as a esteemed 25 year member and touting the benefits he'll receive because of it....like a automatic savings of 1 further point on loan transactions..

My son didn't even know of the account until last month.

William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
No, they still decide who gets in and who doesn't. They determine what qualifications, discharge (their own definitions of "honorable" as sufficient"), and all the rest.

Oh, and even if you get in, you're still charged more than the grandchild of an officer, who that child and that child's parent, never served a day.

That's what I was saying.

I got in through my wife who didn't serve, who got in through her officer father.

When they opened it up to former enlisted, I asked about getting my own account and was told, "sure, you qualify" but your rates would be higher due to my wife's account getting length of insured discounts. They didn't mention "officer" discounts, but that is possible.

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
That, I can understand. He had an account there, even if he didn't know it.

That, makes sense.

Giving preference points to a kid whose parent wasn't even thought of, much less the kid, when Granddad served one hitch as a butter bar.... over a lifer E-8.... is patently ridiculous.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
One thing seems abundantly clear at this point: some folks are not about to let the facts (or the lack thereof) get in the way of their agenda.

I am seeing distinct parallels these days with what went on during the Vietnam era when people took out their dislike/distrust of the Federal government and it's policies on the troops.

At least we learned from that sorry chapter, and once again hold our troops in high esteem, even if we differ in our views of the wars.

Now, it seems that many are taking out their frustrations with the goverment, and/or the current adminsitration, on public employees in general, and peace officers in particular...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Bend_Shooter
One thing seems abundantly clear at this point: some folks are not about to let the facts (or the lack thereof) get in the way of their agenda.

I am seeing distinct parallels these days with what went on during the Vietnam era when people took out their dislike/distrust of the Federal government and it's policies on the troops.

At least we learned from that sorry chapter, and once again hold our troops in high esteem, even if we differ in our views of the wars.

Now, it seems that many are taking out their frustrations with the goverment, and/or the current adminsitration, on public employees in general, and peace officers in particular...

What a crock of shyt.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not so, says the SCOTUS.

Ah, no. Better check Wilson vs. Arkansas.

Announce presence AND provide residents with an opportunity to open the door.

There are mitigating factors to avoid the wait, but they must be proven. The most obvious being imminent danger to the LEO's. They're going to have a hard time with that, since they stated that they backed out of the home AFTER recognizing the target was armed.

There goes... "we went in because we saw he had a rifle" right down the shytter.

Ah no...United States VS Banks... LINK

15-20 seconds was enough time for Banks, who was in the shower and never heard the knocks.

You can disagree with the reasonableness of 30 seconds, but it does not violate what the SCOTUS has set as a similar precedent, which is all I was saying.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 05/21/11. Reason: does "not" violate

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Foxbat: how dare anyone differ with you...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
15-20 seconds was enough time for Banks, who was in the shower and never heard the knocks.

You can disagree with the reasonableness of 30 seconds, but it does violate what the SCOTUS has set as a similar precedent, which is all I was saying.
If someone doesn't answer, come back a few hours later, or the next day and knock again. A search warrant was never intended to be an execution order, and convenience of the cops be damned if avoiding inconvenience means you have to batter someone's door down, guns at the ready, because he was in the shower or asleep when you knocked.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
Storie will be representing the five SWAT members who fired more than 70 shots at Jose Guerena, ultimately killing him.

A thought popped into my head just now, mostly unrelated: do LEO keep a guy like this on retainer, just in case, or did they go out and find a lawyer after the incident went down?

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's likely an attorney hired by the city's insurance company.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 16 of 61 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 10 invisible), 1,013 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,126
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.