Page 19 of 61 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 60 61
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
There are lots of reasons to seek a search warrant instead of an arrest warrant...

You don't have to disclose the identity of an undercover officer (if one was involved) on a search warrant but you do for an arrest warrant. That would make a difference in an on going investigation if more suspects are involved, which the article indicates is the case.

But mostly because I don't want just enough evidence for an arrest. I want enough evidence for a conviction of a bad guy. Hence the search warrant and subsequent gathering of evidence before an arrest.

Sure, I can see that. But can't you pick him up for questioning and then WHILE he's down at the department execute that search warrant with minimal chance of LEO's or his family getting hurt?
No adrenaline rush in that. Not to mention, you've got to justify all that expensive SWAT equipment and training.

The guys having the rush probably aren't the ones requesting the particular warrant.

I think many PD's are experiencing the same shyt that the rest of the business and government world is, meritocracy went out the door, when they had to fill middle and upper management with chicks, dykes, [bleep], political as$ kissers and minorities.

I see stuff like this as bad management/command, not necessarily bad cops.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure, I can see that. But can't you pick him up for questioning and then WHILE he's down at the department execute that search warrant with minimal chance of LEO's or his family getting hurt?

Yes, we "kidnap" people all the time to take 'em back and run warrants, but it doesn't work in the multiple warrant simultaniously thing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I think many PD's are experiencing the same shyt that the rest of the business and government world is, meritocracy went out the door, when they had to fill middle and upper management with chicks, dykes, [bleep] and minorities.

Good point.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think many PD's are experiencing the same shyt that the rest of the business and government world is, meritocracy went out the door, when they had to fill middle and upper management with chicks, dykes, [bleep] and minorities.

I don't see bad cops either. I do see bad doctrine and policy

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I see foolish people.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35

I don't see bad cops either. I do see bad doctrine and policy

Then I'd kindly ask you to refrain from calling the SWAT Team murderers.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Now we are on to something.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Then I'd kindly ask you to refrain from calling the SWAT Team murderers.

I never called them murderers though what they did is murder. They snuffed out a man's life unnecessarily due to doctrine and training.

I don't like what happened in light of the Indiana Supreme court recent ruling against our 4th amendment rights
and how cops are behaving in Philly.
They need to be trained correctly.

They, the police, are ignorant of the law which as they tell us is never an excuse.

They are harassing honest civilians and violating OUR rights.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...y-open-carry-gun-owners/?test=latestnews

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Bristoe;

You've never done a damned thing, except reach for an open bottle. Don't try to make like you'd do any if/when push comes to shove.

Or you'll whup my ass out by the see saws, I suppose.

Shut da fug up, piss ant.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never called them murderers though what they did is murder.

That's absurd. If they committed murder, they're murderers.

Are they or not?

Keep in mind, lotsa folks call our boys in uniform murderers, based on bad decisions made by the people calling the shots (commanders / politicians / etc.).

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Then they are murders. Eat it.

I see a trend taking place in our country that I don't like.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I never called them murderers though what they did is murder.

That's absurd. If they committed murder, they're murderers.

Are they or not?

Keep in mind, lotsa folks call our boys in uniform murderers, based on bad decisions made by the people calling the shots (commanders / politicians / etc.).
There's a subtle distinction, but an important one. If one in authority sets in motion a chain of events that he should have know had a high likelihood of resulting in someone's death, the end operators don't bear the full quantum of blame (likely something less than murder in this case, but not without any blame). The full quantum (murder proper) belongs to the one in authority who set in motion said chain of events.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Then they are murders. Eat it.

I see a trend taking place in our country that I don't like.
As do I, and nor do I.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Y'all need to quit talkin' like that, Ya gonna get VAnimrod all worked up and he'll start runnin' his peter puffer at ya.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He's a scrapper too!

Just ask him. He'll tell ya.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
He's a scrapper too!

Just ask him. He'll tell ya.
Oh, I know it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Well,...you can call me a "kook" if you want,...but government sanctioned home invasions ain't gonna fly in this country for long.

Some people take the killing of their family members pretty seriously,..and the fact that it was at the hands of a cop is incidental to them.

I don't remember calling you one. I leave the interpretation of who's kooky to the masses.

as evidence by the KOTY thread. grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Well,...you can call me a "kook" if you want,...but government sanctioned home invasions ain't gonna fly in this country for long.

Some people take the killing of their family members pretty seriously,..and the fact that it was at the hands of a cop is incidental to them.

I don't remember calling you one. I leave the interpretation of who's kooky to the masses.

as evidence by the KOTY thread. grin

The masses are kooky.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How the hell did we get this far off the original story. As I read it the wife spotted one of the SWAT guys at a bedroom window pointing a gun and hollered to the husband, I don't remember the part about the Knock & crash. Did I miss something.

I ain't gonna fault anybody unless I am made privy to the entire story. Sheesh, remember that the word assume breaks do to ass-out-of-U & Me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Police are claiming that the deceased was a member of a drug/home invasion ring that had been working the area. The cops say they found body armor, weapons, and a "piece" of a cop uniform. All of which a member of the military might have,..except for the piece of uniform, don't know what that might be.

Couldn't find the text, but here's a video that's up to date.

[b][color:#3333FF]Video Clip...![/color][/b]

There's definetly more to the story. Either the deceased was dirty, or the cops are trying to cover up a mistake.

Page 19 of 61 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 35 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,213
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.