Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 61 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 60 61
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Anyone know what time this happened? I have read morning but I am wondering if it was daylight or not.

Dink

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DINK
Anyone know what time this happened? I have read morning but I am wondering if it was daylight or not.

Dink

Well we now know he emotional motivating factors of everyone involved...surely we can figure out what time it happened.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
The Police are claiming that the deceased was a member of a drug/home invasion ring that had been working the area. The cops say they found body armor, weapons, and a "piece" of a cop uniform. All of which a member of the military might have,..except for the piece of uniform, don't know what that might be.

Dastardly!!

The guy owned an AR and body armor. Wow..... available to every one of us from Midwayusa etc. My BIL has his armor from Iraq and a couple AR's. Who knew he was really gangbanger?

I bet the AR forum here is being monitored and everyone there is on a list for a SWAT raid...

Piece of cop uniform? Well, who knows what that is, but if it was something really damning, wouldn't one expect they'd point that out? Nothing would shut up the cynics quicker than stating that the guy had a PCSD badge in his drawer.

[Linked Image]

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
This is a sad situation regardless of circumstances. I nust hope ther is an unbiased, honest investigation.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
The Police are claiming that the deceased was a member of a drug/home invasion ring that had been working the area. The cops say they found body armor, weapons, and a "piece" of a cop uniform. All of which a member of the military might have,..except for the piece of uniform, don't know what that might be.

Dastardly!!

The guy owned an AR and body armor. Wow..... available to every one of us from Midwayusa etc. My BIL has his armor from Iraq and a couple AR's. Who knew he was really gangbanger?

I bet the AR forum here is being monitored and everyone there is on a list for a SWAT raid...

Piece of cop uniform? Well, who knows what that is, but if it was something really damning, wouldn't one expect they'd point that out? Nothing would shut up the cynics quicker than stating that the guy had a PCSD badge in his drawer.

A pair of blue trousers?

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Dastardly!!

A pair of blue trousers?

Considering how vague they're being about it, probably a velcro patch base..... no Marine would own one of those...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The real crime here is the use of the word trousers.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

LOL.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I figured out what was going down by dinner yesterday and you guys are still flailing away with the guesses,huh? And now the cops are murderers,too. WOW.....we got ourselves some real imaginative dingbats here!

Not you FB,as you know.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm gonna kick all your doors down this year in Beat the Penguin. Trousers or not I intend to collect! Especially from that Swamp Romp dood down in LA.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let'em go Bob...this may all come in handy some day. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by byc
I'm gonna kick all your doors down this year in Beat the Penguin. Trousers or not I intend to collect! Especially from that Swamp Romp dood down in LA.

Pfffttt. You boys know who the 800lb gorilla is in that room. wink

Speaking of him, has anyone heard from Darby?

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Joe's managing one my LPE satellite offices in the Caymans.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is looking more and more like just another casualty of the drug war.

Sooner or later this war on drugs/terror is going to lead to a shooting war between the citizens and the government. Once the citizens realize they have nothing to lose the government is doomed.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
And now the cops are murderers,too. WOW.....we got ourselves some real imaginative dingbats here!

LOL!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35
And now the cops are murderers,too. WOW.....we got ourselves some real imaginative dingbats here!

LOL!

Eat it......?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

LOL.

Y'all wouldn't be laughing if you referred to them as "pants" ,or "britches" at MCRD in the 'sixties.A DI would "make an example" of you .

Marines wear TROUSERS !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac

...it appears there's some implied representation this dead man may have used police uniforms to participate in home invasions. The attorney for the heat said they seized what they expected to obtain during the search. We'll see.

I've refrained from getting involved in the snarling on this thread, for some odd reason... but referencing Bob's post, reading the articles, and reading the pertinent comments by my esteemed fellow Campfire members, it would appear that the situation was either:

1) an innocent, hard-working former Marine--which status conferred on him a degree of righteousness only slightly less than a saint--was illegally subjected to a SWAT team no-knock entry authorized by a suspicious and perhaps erroneous search warrant, and was then gunned down like a dog by multiple shooters without provocation, and everything the police did was immoral, illegal, and unconstitutional;

or, 2) SWAT executed a search warrant signed by a judge, entered the subject's home legally and according to established procedure, were met with armed resistance by the subject, who was then fired upon and neutralized, and following which the evidence of crime the police and prosecutors expected to find was in fact found, and seized.

or, 3) some version of events that lies somewhere in between these two extremes.

Until the dust settles and the inquiry is completed, all the fuss and bother is kind of a waste of bandwidth, don't you think?

Don't bother replying to this post. I'm not coming back to this one. It makes my keyboard feel dirty.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DocRocket
[quote=isaac] it would appear that the situation was either:

1) an innocent, hard-working former Marine--which status conferred on him a degree of righteousness only slightly less than a saint--was illegally subjected to a SWAT team no-knock entry authorized by a suspicious and perhaps erroneous search warrant, and was then gunned down like a dog by multiple shooters without provocation, and everything the police did was immoral, illegal, and unconstitutional;

or, 2) SWAT executed a search warrant signed by a judge, entered the subject's home legally and according to established procedure, were met with armed resistance by the subject, who was then fired upon and neutralized, and following which the evidence of crime the police and prosecutors expected to find was in fact found, and seized.

or, 3) some version of events that lies somewhere in between these two extremes.

Until the dust settles and the inquiry is completed, all the fuss and bother is kind of a waste of bandwidth, don't you think?

Don't bother replying to this post. I'm not coming back to this one. It makes my keyboard feel dirty.

Shot 60 times to "neutralize"??? And the Marine didn't even fire on them??? Kinda like the famous Jeff O quote of "way over penetrate"...."way over neutralize"....

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Shot 60 times to "neutralize"??? And the Marine didn't even fire on them???
=================

Yeah,SWAT and LEO always prefer the perp getting off a round or two beforehand....as a precaution,of course.

William Arthur Ward

Page 20 of 61 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 890 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.