Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 61 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 60 61
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
While I admit that it wouldn't be wise to judge your opinions on things legal by the validity of your judgements pertaining to the gridiron , I'm going to keep an open mind as far as the dead guy's guilt is concerned rather than taking your word for it .grin

As far as the judgement and behaviour of the SWAT team , that's a closed case.

============

Clients with your frame of mind are by far my most favorite. My creditor's favorites, as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by wildbill59
So, did they ever find any drugs?

If SWAT members had been let into the home, those inside "probably ... wouldn't have been arrested," Storie said.

I'd say that answers that question.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac
Forget it. A settlement for 5K to make them go away and you'll claim some sort of victory out of a chickenshit nuisance settlement. Go try that con with some of the other idiots.

I agree that a nuisance settlement is not an admission of liability, but you and I both know there is a good chance if there is a settlement, that they won't disclose the amount, so we wouldn't be able to ascertain who won.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hey man....I'm just trying to help you out. After the facts play out,PM when you're ready to go public.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's no doubt in my mind there will be a settlement of some sorts. I've seen insurance companies pay just to make the plaintiff go away. One of their lawyers explained it like this: It's far cheaper to pay 25K to a plaintiff then it is to go a jury trial for 5 days.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In your world,huh? Is that the same world as the one with faeries,dwarfs and goddesses or the one normal folks live in?

Or in a world where Tiger Woods is making his comeback tour???
grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With him being dead , his guilt or innocence can never be properly established [ or can they try dead folks in AZ ?] it seems that it will be the SWAT team on trial .

Based solely on facts not in question , I can't imagine a lawyer signing off on a 25K award.Not even 10 times that.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Hey man....I'm just trying to help you out. After the facts play out,PM when you're ready to go public.

I'm just helping everyone out with the latest info.

The only bad guy so far IMO, is this 2 bit attorney, Storie, who apparently doesn't know to keep his mouth shut...cause he's not helping his clients.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
SOME attorneys are like that...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Foxbat there are several reasons why people are not arrested after search warrants. If you think about it you will figure it out.

Dink

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Storie??? You've got to be kidding. That two bit plaintiff hack is the one who hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut. He's violated several rules of dumbphuctitude as it is.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
With him being dead , his guilt or innocence can never be properly established
================

Really?? You lay people crack me up.

William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DINK
Foxbat there are several reasons why people are not arrested after search warrants. If you think about it you will figure it out.

Dink

I'm always open to enlightenment...

So tell me, in your professional opinion, what percentage of SWAT raids, serving narcotics warrants on single family residences, where all of the inhabitants were home, and resulting in the team finding "everything that they were looking for", would result in no arrests?

Keep in mind that the LEO's attorney said that had the family allowed the warrant team in, there would not have been any arrests.

That is a salient point for you to keep in mind, before you mention that dead perps can't be arrested. wink

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Think outside the box,FB. That's twice I've cautioned you.

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Think outside the box,FB. That's twice I've cautioned you.
What, in hopes of trailing him to some better evidence? Weak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
================

Are you telling this lay person that a jury of his peers-which technically would be twelve dead citizens- can find the dead guy guilty of a crime ?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
================

Are you telling this lay person that a jury of his peers-which technically would be twelve dead citizens- can find the dead guy guilty of a crime ?

With Issac, you never really know WTF he's saying, I wonder if he forgot his MAO inhibiter some mornings and then I remember he's a lawyer.....

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Dink

So tell me, in your professional opinion, what percentage of SWAT raids, serving narcotics warrants on single family residences, where all of the inhabitants were home, and resulting in the team finding "everything that they were looking for", would result in no arrests?

Keep in mind that the LEO's attorney said that had the family allowed the warrant team in, there would not have been any arrests.

That is a salient point for you to keep in mind, before you mention that dead perps can't be arrested. wink

Here I would say at least %50 (probaly higher) of search warrants, for dope only, lead to no arrest at that time. Usually we only arrest people that already have arrest warrants and let everyone else loose. There are numerous reasons for this. I hate to post the reasons on a open forum but if you think about it you will figure it out.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Dink

We (my agency) serve lots of search warrants for evidence of engaging in organized criminal activity where the evidence sought, does not stand alone as cause to arrest.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
================

I'll apologize in advance.....

Hung Jury?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 22 of 61 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

382 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 160user, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 35 invisible), 1,500 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,098
Posts18,522,213
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.