-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bad thing is the get up early but are not normally talkative in the mornings.

Having several strut on the metal roof of your house can be an eye opener. shocked

I would give it a day or two then do what you have to do.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Chasing them off with a dog is not going to do anything. They seem to like your property an are not going to leave unless you do something about it. If she ask tell her that you have not seen them since yesterday around 5pm and the fact that they are missing may have had something to do with the rapsure.. Anyone stupid enough to buy peacocks may just be dumb enough to belive it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here ya go.

Q. Have you a recipe for preparing peacock?

Mr. Wayne W. Jarvis
Santa Cruz, California

A. Peacock can be cooked very like turkey, except that it tends to be dry-fleshed and requires frequent basting with butter. Don't know where you got your peacock, but every time we see one of those fine-feathered fellows strutting around the local zoo, we can't help thinking how handsome he would look on a silver serving platter!

Roast Young Peacock
Slinge, draw, and stuff a peacock with forcemeat. Truss it for roasting and roast it in a moderate oven (350� F.) for about 20 minutes per pound, or until well browned and tender, basting very frequently with melted butter. Serve hot with pan gravy or cold with chopped jelly and cold sauce poivrade.

To make the forcemeat, soak 1 pound of bread crumbs in milk and press out the moisture. Combine it with 1 pound of chopped beef marrow, the peacock liver, finely chopped, 10 shallots or 1 onion, chopped and stewed in butter until tender, 1 tablespoon each chopped green celery leaf and parsley, and a little sage, marjoram, and thyme. Season with cayenne, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste.

Sauce Poivrade
To 6 tablespoons olive oil in a saucepan, add 1 carrot and 1 onion, both diced, and cook until they are golden-brown. Add 1/2 cup flour, mix together, and cook until the flour turns golden-brown. Add 3 cups brown stock or double-strength beef consomm� and 1 cup tomato pur�e, mix well with a whip, and cook, stirring until well blended. Add 3 or 4 sprigs of parsley, 1 bay leaf, and a little thyme. If any bones of the game are available, brown them well in the oven and add them. Cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally and skimming as needed.

Put 1/2 cup vinegar and 6 peppercorns, crushed, in a pan and cook until the liquid is reduced to about one third the original quantity. Strain the sauce into the reduced vinegar mixture and cook all together for about 30 minutes, skimming carefully as the fat rises. Add 1/2 cup red wine to finish the sauce.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by maverick0379
Chasing them off with a dog is not going to do anything. They seem to like your property an are not going to leave unless you do something about it. If she ask tell her that you have not seen them since yesterday around 5pm and the fact that they are missing may have had something to do with the rapsure.. Anyone stupid enough to buy peacocks may just be dumb enough to belive it.

My neighbor who bought guineas bought a rooster so his chickens would lay eggs.....

Otto is my co-pilot.
Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
They have been here three days Scott. She knew since the first day.

Still hasn't done chit about it.

I am going to pop one of them to teach the rest a lesson. grin

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winnie1300

I bet the others stand around and look puzzled unless you shoot one with something really loud like a shotgun.

Let us know how it shakes out.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Good by Mr. Peacock. If you would have stayed home you might have lived to be a grandpa. grin

If it has been three days the you have done all anyone could ask. The tail feathers sell. Could pay for your ammunition. Trust a Scott to think of that. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I even shot the ground six times with a 22lr revolver right next to them but they barely flinched.

So what can I do to rid myself of these pest?

I give up. Take better aim?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hahah thanks smokepole.

But I could have gone Osama on it and put a round into it's eye.
grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Then you could celebrate by pouring yourself a Bin Laden.

Two shots, and a splash of water.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
grin

That is a great joke smokepole. I laughed so hard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend here in town was so afflicted. The peacock owner, and his neighbor, was an oriental gentleman. Retired professor.
The peacocks kept breeding, and before you knew it, there were about thirty of them.
The entire neighborhood went to court over it, and forced the retired professor to...........get a permit. Yep, the County just let him have a permit for the birds.

Things got ugly after that, with many of the birds winding up dead and mutilated. The old retired dude finally got rid of the birds, as he was tired of finding their shredded bodies.

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My kids had a problem with their neighbors guineas. Stupid birds loved my pickup for some reason. Would stare at their reflection in the bumper for hours. They liked to sit on the hood or roof and instead of flying off would just slide down the side leaving nice scratches in the paint.
Owner never would do anything and they slowly, one by one disappeared.

Must have been the coyotes. smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Catch them when they go to roost. You can sell them for around $200 - $250 each at a poultry auction. Buys a lot of ammo.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Winnie1300;

At this point, since you've posted this, I'd suggest calling the sheriff.

Everything you posted here can/will be used against you if her birds disappear and she starts asking questions or suing you.

Not smart...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Peacock, in the ballroom, with a 12ga. smile

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm thinkin .22 head shots would be a lot of fun
AND solve the problem, quickly.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Winnie Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I would not shoot them VAnimrod.

It is not their fault they are at my house. It is my neighbor's fault for not locking them up.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Exactly.

Call the Sheriff; I'll bet you there's a livestock law in your AO that deals with something like this, and he'll deal with the neighbor.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Oh, and 3 males with one females is a VERY backwards ratio....

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.