Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 61 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 60 61
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Actually , Lt.,we complain because we DO care .Some of us are old enough to remember when LEO's - with the possible exception of the corrupt forces in some big cities - deserved and recieved respect from the public.That was before all the cop shows that glorified the tough-talking , rules ignoring,badass cops.

And it was before police forces adopted paramilitary equipment and tactics.

It was when cops didn't socialize primarily with other cops and didn't think an ordinary citizen should feel intimidated by their presence.

I don't have to be a surgeon to know that it is a major foul-up when a Dr. removes the wrong kidney.

And I don't need any special training or experience to know that this deal is rotten as hell.

Takeaknee seems to have the requisite experience to be a fair judge and his opinion mirrors the majority of the posters on here who only have their common sense to rely on.
Well said.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
By the time the whole story is told, no one here will care.

They don't care now. It's what malcontents do.

=================

Precisely. The clueless spouting cluelessness!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In this instance the "media" reported the official statements of the PD and it is the information in those statements that condemn the actions of the SWAT team.

Any new information would have to refute the stuff that has already been released to change any rational person's mind about the behavior of the SWAT team.

Your post fits right in the" I'm a cop and you don't know anything about my job" dance that I mentioned earlier.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have to be a surgeon to know that it is a major foul-up when a Dr. removes the wrong kidney.
And I don't need any special training or experience to know that this deal is rotten as hell.

Very well said.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blue,I'm obliged [sincerely] for the offer to exchange PM's about this event , but since we both are a long way from where it happened,we are both stuck with the "facts" as reported by the PD involved.Change those "facts" and I will change my opinion.

Again, thanks for the offer.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In this instance the "media" reported the official statements of the PD and it is the information in those statements that condemn the actions of the SWAT team.

Any new information would have to refute the stuff that has already been released to change any rational person's mind about the behavior of the SWAT team.

Your post fits right in the" I'm a cop and you don't know anything about my job" dance that I mentioned earlier.
I don't recall why I have you on ignore, but I'm so impressed with your posts in this thread that I'm un-ignoring you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ISAAC,you are undoubtably a master at getting juries to see things your way and I'm sure you rely on making opposing council's witnesses appear "clueless" as a major strategy.

You got a tough jury in this forum,amigo.You really need to bring more than that to the deal.grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
ISAAC,you are undoubtably a master at getting juries to see things your way and I'm sure you rely on making opposing council's witnesses appear "clueless" as a major strategy.

You got a tough jury in this forum,amigo.You really need to bring more than that to the deal.grin
That pegs his style here perfectly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've toggled TRH's last two posts and I see he is supporting my position.

THAT calls for a major re-evaluation!grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I knew you'd say that. grin

Hey, I'd like to have a private word with you. Tried PMing, but it seems we've both had each other on ignore. How about lifting the ignore for a day so I can PM you?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hey, I'd like to have a private word with you. Tried PMing, but it seems we've both had each other on ignore. How about lifting the ignore for a day so I can PM you?

Now THAT, is classic.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I deleted my last post. Too much to type on phone to convey my meaning properly.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I knew you'd say that. grin

That's some funny chit right there....

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

================

You,hawkeye and on his knees ain't a tough jury,amigo. In fact, guys like you are a defense lawyer's dream and are easily pliable. Folks who spout off predispositonal, unsupported agendas when it comes to police actions are guys I'd pay to have on my juries. The tough jury pools are the ones who can absorb and assimilate facts and then render opinions based upon facts,not agendas.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
<laughing>

I needed that on a Monday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're mumbling.Want to defend the SWAT team's actons in THIS particular case as reported by their own spokesman ?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I have been defending. Because you can't fathom it only corroborates what I said above. You spout positions clearly unsupported by any facts. IOW...a defense lawyer's dreams. Own up to it and don't be ashamed. You and your new BFF hawkeye are the number one sought out type of folks for jury pools. Be proud and stand your shaky ground. I love it!!

Last edited by isaac; 05/23/11.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having TRH on ignore makes me his friend?

THAT sort of logic COULD lead a person to support the SWAT team's actions , I suppose.

BTW,your "defense" so far has been more of the same "dance" done by the other "defenders".

If you were actually the lawyer for the INS.CO.which has exposure in this event , you would be burning up the phone lines with that "scumbag plantiff's lawyer" to try to get him to accept a high six-figure offer.

I think you know that.

But trying to make me and TRH "BFF" because I have him on ignore don't speak well for your rationality,so maybe you WOULD want to try the case.

But you would be prevented by the beancounters.

They know an indefensible position when they see it.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If you were actually the lawyer for the INS.CO.which has exposure in this event , you would be burning up the phone lines with that "scumbag plantiff's lawyer" to try to get him to accept a high six-figure offer.
===============

The cluelessness abounds!!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For some reason your responses remind me of Bob Beckel's when he is tasked with defending Obama on Hannity's shows.

You ain't one of them closet liberal's , are you?

BTW,the wind is supposed to keep blowing here for the next couple of days.Ain't goin' fishin' and the only shooting I need to do is with a 204 Ruger so I'll be available for the duration .grin

Page 25 of 61 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 12 invisible), 980 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.