Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 61 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 60 61
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by isaac
If you were actually the lawyer for the INS.CO.which has exposure in this event , you would be burning up the phone lines with that "scumbag plantiff's lawyer" to try to get him to accept a high six-figure offer.
===============

The cluelessness abounds!!

I guess "clueless" assumes a Clintonian definition now, as in not falling for professional bullschitters'(with ESQ in their handles) spray jobs. If you think I would ever see any lawyer/judge as anything other than a grade A con artist, you are even dumber than I imagined.

Also, so much for not jumping to conclusions.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Hey, I'd like to have a private word with you. Tried PMing, but it seems we've both had each other on ignore. How about lifting the ignore for a day so I can PM you?

Now THAT, is classic.
I'm sure there was a reason I had him on ignore, but can't remember it. Some folks I have on ignore I have no problem remembering why. His recent posts, however, make me wonder if I was too rash in doing so.

PS This doesn't make him a friend. Just someone regarding whom I'm not sure why we have each other on ignore. I think most of the folks who have me on ignore do so because of frustration stemming from not being able to refute my arguments with actual counter-arguments. Out of sight out of mind kind of thing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
For some reason your responses remind me of Bob Beckel's when he is tasked with defending Obama on Hannity's shows.

You ain't one of them closet liberal's , are you?
Been saying that for years about Bob. I think all neocons are closet leftists. Really not so much in the closet as attempting to fool themselves into believing they're conservatives, i.e., the "liberalism" of so called big government, interventionist, "conservatives" isn't well hidden to anyone with their eyes open. At least not if they know what conservatism means.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
"I think most of the folks who have me on ignore do so because of frustration stemming from not being able to refute my arguments with actual counter-arguments. Out of sight out of mind kind of thing."
---------------------------------------------------------------

WOW... no arrogance or ego here....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fulksrun
"I think most of the folks who have me on ignore do so because of frustration stemming from not being able to refute my arguments with actual counter-arguments. Out of sight out of mind kind of thing."

Well, I can only conclude this from the fact that I characteristically don't start pissing matches, and rarely respond to invitations to them. Not sure what alternative explanation, then, there could be for placing me on ignore, other than frustration at not having rational counters.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I can only conclude this from the fact that I characteristically don't start pissing matches, and rarely respond to invitations to them. Not sure what alternative explanation, then, there could be for placing me on ignore, other than frustration at not having rational counters.

Or...you could just be creepy.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being as you saved me the trouble of toggling Hawkeye's post , I'll state for the record that he is the only poster I have ever put on "ignore".If I used that function to shield myself from stupidity , I'd have to add some others to the list.

He went on "ignore" because he refused to take the Obama death mask picture off his sig line.Because he posts on practically every page and that damn thing took up 10 percent of the page space with each post,I got rid of it by getting rid of him.

Shielding myself from stupidity was an unexpected side benefit.grin

Life is good and I ain't changing a thing!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Actually , Lt.,we complain because we DO care .Some of us are old enough to remember when LEO's - with the possible exception of the corrupt forces in some big cities - deserved and recieved respect from the public.That was before all the cop shows that glorified the tough-talking , rules ignoring,badass cops.

And it was before police forces adopted paramilitary equipment and tactics.
It was when cops didn't socialize primarily with other cops and didn't think an ordinary citizen should feel intimidated by their presence.

I don't have to be a surgeon to know that it is a major foul-up when a Dr. removes the wrong kidney.

And I don't need any special training or experience to know that this deal is rotten as hell.

Takeaknee seems to have the requisite experience to be a fair judge and his opinion mirrors the majority of the posters on here who only have their common sense to rely on.

The paramilitary equipment and tactics are sometimes necessary for survival. A beat cop with a .38 revolver is no match for someone with an AR or Uzi. Also, I don't think that cops have changed all that much. There have always been a few bad apples and there always will be. Most cops really try to keep citizens safe and try to do the right thing. What has changed is media reporting to negatively influence people's perception of police.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Can another thread be started with some up-dated information? Seems to have gotten off subject a bit on this one.

That being said, there was a similar incident locally here about 2 years ago. Subject was by far not a returning soldier!

Fact I don't think the S.W.A.T team knew much of anything about the subject, but instead was "Only" acting on a tip from some one.

And in the end it turned out that no drugs, no cash, and no weapons were found... subject had no gang ties or apparently at the time no history was known about him.

I have no idea what type warrant was held (or even if the had one at the time) but when they busted in.

Subject was a sleep on the couch in the living room, when he awoke to the breaking in, he ran down the hall and into a bedroom. His wife and child ran for the kitchen...

Now here's the strange part, if the subject was a threat, why was he not shot or wounded and subdued?

Instead a scuffle with one officer unfolds and the two are struggling on the floor with the officer on top, and his weapon between them!

Other officers are standing around watching, and when the officer on the floor has his weapon discharge, another officer standing in the doorway is shot and killed!

The police tried every trick in the book to get a first degree murder conviction on this guy, even going so far as to bring in evidence unknown at the time which was that the subject had an old warrant in Georgia for running out on a $30,000 bail arrest for supposedly selling drugs.

Jury didn't go for it, and the subject was convicted of unintentional manslaughter.

Before sentencing AG filed new special circumstances on the case by saying that his conviction didn't take into account that the crime was committed while subject was in possession of and while using a gun so that they could get a stiffer sentence...

All along knowing that he didn't have possession of the gun, and had never been able to show how the weapon went off.

Never did actually hear what the resulting sentence was but think it was something like 25 years to life, with the possibility of parole...

I guess my point is, that these happen on nothing more than a tip!

Phil

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Or...you could just be creepy.

===============

I've always admired your handle on reality.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

Nope, and no detachment from reality, either.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If you think I would ever see any lawyer/judge as anything other than a grade A con artist, you are even dumber than I imagined.
=====================

Laffin.....convictions make the dumbasses of this world really stand out when it comes to discerning the nutroots. You're a whiney-assed moron,dude!
==============

Only the hand's down winner of the 2010 KOTY award could attempt to parlay that spiral into something to brag about.

Last edited by isaac; 05/23/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blue,I'm obliged [sincerely] for the offer to exchange PM's about this event , but since we both are a long way from where it happened,we are both stuck with the "facts" as reported by the PD involved.Change those "facts" and I will change my opinion.

Again, thanks for the offer.

Well it was a sincere offer.

But you not only don't care what the facts are, you also won't even listen to an opinion that differs from yours. Think about how narrow minded that is.

Not to mention the fact that you derided me for not offering my opinion, that you won't listen to anyway.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Being as you saved me the trouble of toggling Hawkeye's post , I'll state for the record that he is the only poster I have ever put on "ignore".If I used that function to shield myself from stupidity , I'd have to add some others to the list.

He went on "ignore" because he refused to take the Obama death mask picture off his sig line.Because he posts on practically every page and that damn thing took up 10 percent of the page space with each post,I got rid of it by getting rid of him.

Shielding myself from stupidity was an unexpected side benefit.grin

Life is good and I ain't changing a thing!
You're doing such a good job, curdog, that I don't want to interrupt your pace, so I will bow out of the topic.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
As an operator you ought to be ashamed to characterize their actions as "helter skelter" without having a clue as to how it happened.

Rules of engagement vary with the war and it should be painfully obvious to someone of your experience that operators don't always act as they want to, but as they're required to. To expect an operator to press on into a house when SOP calls for them to stop, putting their career and family's welfare aside for their own personal machismo, is too much.

You still ain't gettin' it Blue, once the door is breached, the only SAFE course of action for ALL CONCERNED, is to clear the building and neutralize(with less-than lethal force, if at all possible) all occupants. That's what they make flashbangs and flexcuffs for. You've already placed your team and the building's occupants in danger, you OWE THEM the courtesy to do it right. If you are afraid of getting hurt, go be a DARE instructor, or go to nursing school or join the damn peace corps.

Let me reiterate, the entry Team LDR made the decision that something inside that apartment was worth risking his team members and the buildings occupants lives. THEY made the decision to go in, then they ran their asses back out the door, knowing that they just shot a man down, and didn't go back in for an HOUR! That's BS. Don't hand me any following orders BS, that is a complete absense of humanity on the part of all concerned. That former Marine was treated like an enemy combatant, that ain't exactly servin' and protectin'. If you think it is you are probably as bad as they are.

Remember Waco and Koresh? The ATF police commandos raided the place, had a few agents killed and immediately retreated. The military had to be brought in to deal with Waco. Police commandos are trained to retreat in the line of fire. After all, the police must always go home safe and sound at the end of their shift.

We ground pounders are taught that we are expendable. We don't expect to go home after our shift safe and sound. We are trained that ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or die. We are also trained that the best way to survive is to always attack in a forward motion as fast as you can.

Military training and police training is different training.

From a military perspective, I agree with you.

Form a police commando perspective, I glad that police always retreat in the line of fire. If the police commandos were as well trained as the average infantry solider life would really be hell.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
As an operator you ought to be ashamed to characterize their actions as "helter skelter" without having a clue as to how it happened.

Rules of engagement vary with the war and it should be painfully obvious to someone of your experience that operators don't always act as they want to, but as they're required to. To expect an operator to press on into a house when SOP calls for them to stop, putting their career and family's welfare aside for their own personal machismo, is too much.

You still ain't gettin' it Blue, once the door is breached, the only SAFE course of action for ALL CONCERNED, is to clear the building and neutralize(with less-than lethal force, if at all possible) all occupants. That's what they make flashbangs and flexcuffs for. You've already placed your team and the building's occupants in danger, you OWE THEM the courtesy to do it right. If you are afraid of getting hurt, go be a DARE instructor, or go to nursing school or join the damn peace corps.

Let me reiterate, the entry Team LDR made the decision that something inside that apartment was worth risking his team members and the buildings occupants lives. THEY made the decision to go in, then they ran their asses back out the door, knowing that they just shot a man down, and didn't go back in for an HOUR! That's BS. Don't hand me any following orders BS, that is a complete absense of humanity on the part of all concerned. That former Marine was treated like an enemy combatant, that ain't exactly servin' and protectin'. If you think it is you are probably as bad as they are.

Remember Waco and Koresh? The ATF police commandos raided the place, had a few agents killed and immediately retreated. The military had to be brought in to deal with Waco. Police commandos are trained to retreat in the line of fire. After all, the police must always go home safe and sound at the end of their shift.

We ground pounders are taught that we are expendable. We don't expect to go home after our shift safe and sound. We are trained that ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or die. We are also trained that the best way to survive is to always attack in a forward motion as fast as you can.

Military training and police training is different training.

From a military perspective, I agree with you.

Form a police commando perspective, I glad that police always retreat in the line of fire. If the police commandos were as well trained as the average infantry solider life would really be hell.

Not too much ground was taken by the woodwind section. Might want to reconsider that attempt at being something you weren't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For some reason your responses remind me of Bob Beckel's when he is tasked with defending Obama on Hannity's shows.

You ain't one of them closet liberal's , are you?
Been saying that for years about Bob. I think all neocons are closet leftists. Really not so much in the closet as attempting to fool themselves into believing they're conservatives, i.e., the "liberalism" of so called big government, interventionist, "conservatives" isn't well hidden to anyone with their eyes open. At least not if they know what conservatism means.

DITTOS!

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

DITTOS---AGAIN!!!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
How do you know the media reported the entire statement by the police, and in the context within which the police actions occurred? I have plenty of experience dealing with a hostile media and they rarely report all of what you state, and often change the entire meaning of your statement by cherry-picking the parts that fit their agenda (like you cop-haters), and report on that. I suppose the only way you'll ever be covered by the media is if you survive a tornado ripping your trailer to shreds.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
We drum pounders
==============

Fixed.

William Arthur Ward

Page 26 of 61 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.