Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by BeanMan
... I wish to heck that there was a good Republican choice. I just don't see one out there.

I agree. There is a definite shortage of leaders these days - statesmen (in the sense of people who can work to bring people together for the good of all) if you will.

Sadly, this is nothing new either.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
All Presidents are "temporary"... at least, until Hussein tries to officially become caesar.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rrroae
I don't see how folks think Palin can overcome the perception she's a quitter. Deserved or not, it would take a minor miracle to get the millions who don't closely follow politics to see her in any other light.

You have a point.

Not just those who don�t follow politics, but what about those here on the Campfire who continue to ignore or can�t comprehend the reasons Governor Palin resigned?

How many times, by how many different posters have the good, rational and smart, and honest reasons why Savvy Sarah resigned been posted?

How many times has it been explained why Sarah Palin is still addressed as Governor Palin?

To those who don�t have a clue that Richard Nixon is still President Nixon?
And he was a crook.

Your other point.

Governor Palin will overcome her negative and false perceptions the same way Reagan overcame his [bleep] movie and his grade B western movie image.

Governor Palin has that same ability to reach out and directly touch people.
To reach out and over and thru the LSM just as Reagan did.

She proved that in Alaska and again on the national stage in 2008.

�Sarah Palin has proven, time and again, that she is the biggest draw in the GOP field. In 2008, it became so embarrassing for McCain that he had to begin holding rallies at the same location as Palin because he was barely filling classrooms and she was having venues changed to accommodate bigger crowds. Enthusiasm goes a long way, and is there any other candidate that could pack the house in a way that Palin could?�

Neither Palin nor Reagan ever gave a damn about what others thought.
Not the press, not the enemy on the Left, and certainly not the Good Old Boys Club in the Republican elite.

Just a bit stubborn those two and we all would be wise to listen to what they said about letting our enemies pick our gladiator in the arena.

Governor Palin has been saying quite a bit about that recently since the Gingrich detour.

�I don�t know why politicians have to apologize after getting dinged in a 24-hour news cycle,� Governor Palin said on Hannity. Gov. Palin added �We should ignore some of these reporters, use new social media and fair and balanced reporters and don�t play the lamestream media�s game.�

That using �new social Media� is something I know little about, but Sarah is way ahead of the pack in that area.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Governor Palin will overcome her negative and false perceptions the same way Reagan overcame his [bleep] movie and his grade B western movie image.

Governor Palin has that same ability to reach out and directly touch people.

I don't think so Bow.

She resigned her Alaskan governorship and that's not going to resonate well with a lot of folks when it comes time to give her their vote for the most powerful position in the world. It's an issue she'll be hammered on relentlessly because it's, for the most part, true.

Even saying folks could get past her resignation of office, I thinks there's a more pressing problem within the GOP. The base seems fractured between social conservatives and fiscal small government conservatives. Social conservatives are usually both but many of the small government proponents, including Tea Party backers, aren't very thrilled with government legislation morality. No matter which side of the isle it comes from.

Which fraction wins out and will the other side accept it? From where I sit, it doesn't look pretty.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Palin quit.

When the going got tough; she packed her schit and split.

For any good she might have or be able to do, she cut and ran.

No thanks.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't see how folks think Palin can overcome the perception she's a quitter. Deserved or not, it would take a minor miracle to get the millions who don't closely follow politics to see her in any other light.

If the magic muslim can be elected...

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by sactoller

That, was based entirely on race.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
What Palin did was leave the Alaska Statehouse to set and support the national agenda of the Tea Party and conservative issues in general. That's hardly "quitting" when you go center stage into the national fray just when we needed it. Some of you guys who I normally agree with on things are just confused on this. The rest are hopeless progressives at best or more likely pinko-commies and fellow travelers. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Was she, or was she not, an elected governor in the middle (i.e., with years to go) on her term when she left that office?

The answer is, yes, she was. She quit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Was she, or was she not, an elected governor in the middle (i.e., with years to go) on her term when she left that office?

No matter how or why she left, even if for legitimate purposes, she didn't fulfill her elected obligation and that's going to be a problem for some no matter how well you explain it.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

...for a higher calling. That's moving up, not quitting.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

...for a higher calling. That's moving up, not quitting.

That higher calling was money and celebrity nothing more, nothing less. She saw an opportunity to make BIG bucks, and took it to the bank.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Sarah.... Lets see.... She was the one who helped McCain get his ass kicked 2 years ago? She is a lady!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

�but what about those here on the Campfire who continue to ignore or can�t comprehend the reasons Governor Palin resigned?�

Maybe I should have said; those who have an anti-Palin agenda and never let the obvious truth get in their way�

Of all the sound solid reasons why Governor Palin resigned that have been posted here on the �Fire-over and over again-this is the best�

Someone on the Internet named Jesse Cornish responded with this and I posted it here:
�That echoes a lot of mine own thoughts. Like any wise military commander, she retreated from an untenable position where she was simply getting pummeled and possessed little capability of striking back. She then regrouped and launched a counteroffensive that surprised an overconfident enemy who already thought they had won. She stands victorious and in a far stronger position to effect positive change and elect commonsense conservatives. She truly is Warrior for the Conservative Cause and while others hunker in the trenches, protected from enemy fire, she braves no man�s land and storms the enemy lines.�

Well said-indeed.

Second place goes to:
�A Palin aide was quoted as saying Palin was "no longer able to do the job she had been elected to do. Essentially, the taxpayers were paying for Sarah to go to work every day and defend herself.�

Tied for second:
�Well she could have just stayed in office like Kerry, Clinton, Obama or Gore and took her pay for doing nothing like the others did. But maybe if you write a book travel around get a little exposure on you own dime and some private help rather than forcing the tax payer to pay the bill again. Hmm a novel idea one that scares the crap out of the left doing it on your own. No the lefty's want the free ride and this is chiding them too the bone.�

And:
Governor Palin outsmarted Obama and his band of hired thugs though, when she resigned. By resigning, Obama and his thugs were no longer able to terrorize the Alaskan people. They were also no longer able to bankrupt Sarah personally
Chicago thuggery at it�s finest.

When Old Man McCain tapped Sarah on the shoulder, she outgrew Alaska and moved onto the national stage. There is no looking back.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sactoller

That, was based entirely on race.

As it will be again. In our case, a house divided will fall once again.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Other than the timing, how is that any different than any other canidate that chooses to run for President? If she chooses to run, then I would say this particular point is moot.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
�Andrew Jackson resigned his US Senate seat on October 14, 1825, after two years, seven months, and ten days in that six-year term. For those keeping score, that�s a dozen days fewer than Sarah Palin served of her four-year term as Governor of Alaska. He won the 1828 election for President, the first to do so in the �Democratic Party� faction he formed from the �Democratic-Republican Party�. So the next time you hear a Democrat talk about a �quitter�, remind them about Old Hickory.� E3 Gazette 7/29/09

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

Sarah.... Lets see.... She was the one who helped McCain get his ass kicked 2 years ago? She is a lady!

�Sarah Palin has proven, time and again, that she is the biggest draw in the GOP field. In 2008, it became so embarrassing for McCain that he had to begin holding rallies at the same location as Palin because he was barely filling classrooms and she was having venues changed to accommodate bigger crowds. Enthusiasm goes a long way, and is there any other candidate that could pack the house in a way that Palin could?�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yup she is a cutie! How about a Bachman/Palin team? The all American estrogen match up.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Do the "Palin quit" guys feel the same way when a sitting governor is appointed by the president to a post within the fed govt? ie. Huntsman to China, Kempthorne to Interior, Leavitt to EPA............etc.

Last edited by ScottM; 05/23/11. Reason: a few examples

The church is close, but the road is icey. The tavern is far, but I will walk carefully. -Russian Proverb
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 280Ackleyrized, 270wsmnutt, 52 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,159
Posts18,523,475
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.