Print Thread
Hop To
H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
More of a question. So I've tried the spikes, they walk around them. I've tried the pigeon repellent (the sticky stuff), the Arizona heat melts it and it runs down my tiles like molasses. Tried the air rifle and taking out one or two doesn't seem to deter the rest (plus its highly illegal to fire any projectile in the air in my neck of the wood, so I make sure I connect).

I found that if I can strategically locate the male in a breeding pair, the female moves on (like in the human population).

ANY OTHER TIPS? PLEASE.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If you know where they habitually roost, paint the surface with Warbex... whistle ( So long as no other critters get near it...)

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where do you get Warbex, feed stores? I don't see much info about it, but I have the same problem with "moaning" doves down here.

Failure's always an option
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep...farm and ranch supply..be careful handling it...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Hahaha!!! I know where those little B's roost. My neighbor (1 behind 2 to the East) feeds them and allows them to hang around. I think I need to contact the City.

Thanks
Ingwe

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
if you can get an owl decoy or a snake, they dont like them... of course then you might get crows attacking them!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My cousin had pigeons on his roof. A couple days with the Beeman sorted them out and they haven't been back. I would sit in his barn and roll them off the roof. He had fishing line on little rods along the peak so they couldn't stand on it, but they still stood everywhere else. If your roof is steep, line on the peak might work. Wire if it gets too hot for line, but if you have flats nails through some thin plywood would be the only thing short of sniping them, I think.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Contact a local bird dog training club, most members are quite happy to come & trap out pigeons. (I have done it several times!)

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do ya'll eat them?

Dave

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Since I got in trouble with my air rifle, ( hell I was killing pigeons with the old Benjamin before this cop�s parents were out of diapers) I went to a soft air pistol and it took a few evening of being persistence but was able to convince them they did not wish to roost at my house. I had another neighbor ask what I was doing and he went and purchased one also they still roost as 2 other neighbors but that is their issue.
Phil

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by zodiakgsps
Contact a local bird dog training club, most members are quite happy to come & trap out pigeons. (I have done it several times!)

Absolutely,

I used to trap them around the boatyards around here. Everybody is happy, accept the birds, ofcourse. Great birds for training. NAVHDA members in your area should have significant interest. Traps are pretty cheap if you wanted to trap them yourself, then have somebody come pick them up.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I go so far back that I remember when the city of Washington, DC wanted hunters to come into the city to shoot the pigeons!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My dad used to shoot them off the Va Tech campus when he was in college there.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by RDW
Do ya'll eat them?

I have never eaten them, but my Uncle who raised them for years has and likes them -Squab. When we do shoot a number of them over the dogs, I will clean them, boil them down & feed to the dogs, hate to waste anything.....

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
J
J
Visit the link in order to control population of pigeons:

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-pigeons.htm

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The air rifle sounds like the most amusing method, and if they keep coming back? Well then you have a new hobby! Of course you have to be stealthy about it but consider it a challenge.

"You've got to be slow in a hurry." Wyatt Earp
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
crow decoy doesn't work....pellet gun does....don't ask how I know but I do!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (2003and2013, 1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 63 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,450
Posts18,471,039
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.