Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Do you like them?

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I used to use the drop away on my Mathew Bow but have now switched to the Whisker Biscuit and love it, especially when in the tree stand , no matter how you move the arrow stays in place. Best hunting rest you can use

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I like mine. I have used them for years now. My only complaint is that your vanes will begin to get wavy due too melting as they pass through over time. It requires you to replace vanes periodically if you shoot a lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They're not the quietest on the draw, but they are excellent at holding the arrow at the ready. As has been said, no matter how you tip or turn your bow, the arrow stays in place. That is a HUGE advantage over any rest that does not secure the arrow. The only disadvantage for me is the largest size will only accomodate arrows up to 22/64" diameter. I can't shoot my ultra-lite 2512s in it. Maybe it's time I quit being cheap and go buy some new carbon arrows and join the 21st century. smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Personally I think they are junk. They do everything a rest isn't supposed to do. To this day I can't see why some people have such a hard time keeping an arrow on a rest. I guess if I were that clumsy I might like them too. Or better yet try shooting a bow weight fitting one's ablity they wouldn't have a problem. There is always someone willing to design and sell you a band aid rather then fix the real problem.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My son had put one on the bow that he gave to me, and it works well. For hunting I can see some advantages.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have one on my new bow and I love it. I had been shooting a Bo-doodle Super Doodle for years. It was fairly good at holding the arrow on if you bumped it wrong but the bisquit is totally secure. Back about 10 years ago, I had a WB on my bow and it didn't have a slot in the side. you had to insert the arrow in through the slot where the arrow "rides." The side slot is a huge improvement over the early models.

I think they are great and there is nothing mechanical to break like the drop-away rests.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The WB is the only rest I use. It is the epitome of the K.I.S.S. principle.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It's simple and it works well. Yes, I like it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes they work great. There are some disadvantages like noise when drawing the arrow thru. Not something you notice at the range, but you will when in dead silence from the tree stand. I have had a couple( rare) animals stop and look my way while drawing. Maybe coincidence? I doubt they slow an arrow down enough to make any functional difference, and I have not noticed any fletch damage on my arrows.

They beat the "always ready" drop aways by a long shot years ago. However now there are fully contained Drop Aways that are quite nice. The WB is fool proof and near indestructible. I have used them on some bows for decades now. The one single issue I see with them, is the amount of contact after release. Any hand movement with the bow will adjust the POI of the arrow.

There is a lot said about brace height for "forgiving" release issues. With the wisker biscuit you have an effective brace height of "ZERO" because the arrow is part of the bow until the knock clears the wiskers, VS the arrow being free of the bow the instant the trigger is pulled with a good drop away.

The drop away makes your functional Brace height far greater then the wisker biscuit.

Nothing else wrong with them at all that I can see.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Personally I think they are junk. They do everything a rest isn't supposed to do. To this day I can't see why some people have such a hard time keeping an arrow on a rest. I guess if I were that clumsy I might like them too. Or better yet try shooting a bow weight fitting one's ablity they wouldn't have a problem. There is always someone willing to design and sell you a band aid rather then fix the real problem.

MCH,

So how do you keep an arrow on the rest?

With the WB rest, I can sit in my stand at a very high state of readiness. That means arrow on the string, bow laying on its side in my lap, and my release on the string. If a buck comes in, all I have to do is draw and shoot. I don't leave my bow hanging on a hook, all arrows in the quiver, sitting cross-legged, reading a book. I am always ready to shoot immediately when the opportunity arises. I really cannot understand why anyone would do it any other way. Where I hunt, I often do not know there is a deer in the vicinity until they are in range. There is no way in heck a buck will just stand there while I move to pick up my bow, nock an arrow, attach release to string, and finally start to draw. That is exactly how to kill dang few deer, at least the wild deer I hunt. Maybe the deer you hunt are a bit less wild?

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is pretty funny. First I hunt very wild state land deer. They see every movement, they hear every sound, and they spook at the drop of a pin. Have never had any issues keeping my bow at the ready with arrow. I hunt both release and fingers. I use a luancher blade and Flipper with a plunger and have not a single issue with keeping the arrow on it. I don't read in the stand or do anything other then hunt. But you can sell whatever BS you want, I am not buying any.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 05/24/11.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So what happens with a whisker biscuit when it's cold out and snowing and the thing freezes together? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
How often would that be a problem during archery season?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shot the number 19 european wild hog in the SCI record book during a cold spell that was 7 degrees. It worked flawless. I also hunted with it in the freezing rain of the cascade mountains for decades much of it with the WB, never a single failure or reason to complain about it. Sprayed with silicone lube before the season and it's good to go!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

MCH,

So how do you keep an arrow on the rest?

With the WB rest, I can sit in my stand at a very high state of readiness. That means arrow on the string, bow laying on its side in my lap, and my release on the string. If a buck comes in, all I have to do is draw and shoot. I don't leave my bow hanging on a hook, all arrows in the quiver, sitting cross-legged, reading a book. I am always ready to shoot immediately when the opportunity arises. I really cannot understand why anyone would do it any other way. Where I hunt, I often do not know there is a deer in the vicinity until they are in range. There is no way in heck a buck will just stand there while I move to pick up my bow, nock an arrow, attach release to string, and finally start to draw. That is exactly how to kill dang few deer, at least the wild deer I hunt. Maybe the deer you hunt are a bit less wild?

Interesting enough Fred and the Pope and Young boys never had as many problems as the new archers have.

I've never missed being able to take a shot and have never shot an whisker biscuit. Just doesn't seem all that complicated.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just got my bow out today checking it out for the upcoming....Yes,on the Whisker Biscuit...I like it.

Jayco

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope. Tried it, didn't care for it at all.

I don't shoot much upside down so my drop away rest works just fine and yes, I sit on the stand, arrow nocked and the bow crossed in-front of me. Zero issues.

Me

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
been using the WB since they came out and have zero reasons to change. Shoots accurate, and with blazer vanes, no problems with vanes getting wavey, no matter how much you shoot.
I don't use it because my arrow won't fall off, I use it because it's simple and effective.
The WB is probably the most used rest on the market these days, and for good reason.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,484
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.