-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 61 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 60 61
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess"reports" is the wrong word.I was referring to statements made to the press by PD officials.I have not tried to get any information other than what was pasted in the opening pages of this thread.I believe that those statements alone are proof of a terribly flawed police operation.

Others - and I am mystified by it - see it differently.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Now Hawk... you know you don't mean that . grin

If the trigger happy cops hadn't killed the guy , somebody like Isaac could have got him on a witness stand and - in a Perry Mason moment - got him to admit ;"yeah,I knew they were cops."

Since that ain't ever gonna happen , only God knows if he thought the raid was legit.

Or have you "established" the fact that he knew they were legit by means known only to you and DD ? grin

His actions are not those of a guilty man

Hey, don't use my name in vain! grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by brinky72
SOP for exercising a search warrant for narcotics does include SWAT as where there is drugs suspected there is usually weapons involved. SOP for EMS is to stage until the area is cleared and secured so it is safe for the EMT's to enter the area. EMT's are not armed nor trained to dodge bullets while treating the wounded. This little blip of a news report does not give enough information once again to make a judgement. I will wait for the full details from both sides to do that as will a jury.

Ah yes, the WAR ON DRUGS justifies all.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Now Hawk... you know you don't mean that . grin

If the trigger happy cops hadn't killed the guy , somebody like Isaac could have got him on a witness stand and - in a Perry Mason moment - got him to admit ;"yeah,I knew they were cops."

Since that ain't ever gonna happen , only God knows if he thought the raid was legit.

Or have you "established" the fact that he knew they were legit by means known only to you and DD ? grin

His actions are not those of a guilty man

Did he know they were legit? I don't know any more than you have proof the cops were trigger happy or dirty, or whether his actions were of a guilty man or not. I won't put a stamp either....

Were all parties involved acting stupidly? I believe so; the cops didn't need to kick down the door and this guy packing when it happened sealed his fate.

If the evidence seized makes him guilty it was at a high price, too high for the police to get it and the guy gave himself his justice.
If the evidence seized proves nothing, a dude just got wasted because the police didn't exercise a plethora of options to prevent a shooting (of which they could have been killed as well) and is just as stupid.

A warrant serving being legit and being intelligent are two different things. I can yell "[bleep] you" in a church and be legit in doing so; I don't expect the recipients and collateral of my behavior to appreciate my legitimacy, which is what some of these evidence seaches have become in some places, plus it puts your officers in a situation where they have few options as opposed to many.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by HawkI
Did he know they were legit?

That's kind of the crux of it.
In Arizona there have been home invasions where the perpetrators were wearing armor and nice black vests with "POLICE" on them.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Oh my, Would it be too much to wait for the real facts (un spun) to surface ?"

Clear that's not gonna happen with all the testosterone dripping on the keyboards!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can only defend the "trigger happy" adjective by pointing to 71 shots fired when you ain't been shot back at.But as Bob pointed out , if the shooting is determined as being OK, the number of shots doesn't matter.

I agree with your comments .

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can't speak for that particular SWAT team. If it takes over an hour to secure a small home to make it safe enough for EMT's to get in that would make me curious as to what all was in the home to make it so dangerous. I'm thinking someone hit 60 times is dead instantly and not much can be done but removing them from the scene. Keep in mind there are a minimum of two sides to every story and what you tube and the media put out are never admissible in court or even close to accurate. They both have self serving goals and it is not for our benefit. I WOULD BASE MY OPINION ON THE COURT REPORTS and those are public record for everyone to read.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Exactly what should happen instead of posting every anti video that surfaces on you tube. But the cops should sit and wait asking nicely until they are shot.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm surprised S.W.A.T. members aren't carrying the old "Tommy Gun" complete with 50 round drums... At a distance of 8-12 feet one officer could put all the knock down power required dead center without the need of so many other officers being put in harms way!

Of course at a distance 8-12 feet, one bean bag to the chest would have taken him down.... while the others were prepared to shoot if necessary!

That being said, I won't pass judgement, but sure would like to know what the officers "Expected" to find, or for what reason the warrant was issued!

Phil

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has become painfully obvious in the course of this thread that closed minds are not exclusive to the "cop bashers".It is refreshing when a LEO can find at least something to critcize about this deal without "waiting for more facts".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I'm surprised S.W.A.T. members aren't carrying the old "Tommy Gun" complete with 50 round drums... At a distance of 8-12 feet one officer could put all the knock down power required dead center without the need of so many other officers being put in harms way!

Of course at a distance 8-12 feet, one bean bag to the chest would have taken him down.... while the others were prepared to shoot if necessary!

That being said, I won't pass judgement, but sure would like to know what the officers "Expected" to find, or for what reason the warrant was issued!

Phil

Might as well wish for ALL the truth about the Waco raid to be divulged.Or the Kennedy killing.

Of course, here on the 'fire , thoughts such as these mark one as a "conspiracy theorist". grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It has become painfully obvious in the course of this thread that closed minds are not exclusive to the "cop bashers".It is refreshing when a LEO can find at least something to critcize about this deal without "waiting for more facts".

You stated your outrage at the presumption of innocence granted the police by some posters, when prior to a trial, everyone is granted the presumption of innocence by our U.S. Constitution; it's a cornerstone of our legal system. To base any conclusion on media reports is pure ignorance and a pitifully poor understanding of the media in this country. Every post you make just showcases your ignorance for all to see. It is quite amusing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you can't find anything about this deal to criticize the cops for , you are not amusing,you are sad.And if you are a cop , I'm glad you don't live around me.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Involving SWAT to administer a search warrant is a bit overkill
============

Actually,it's near SOP when it's a simultaneous issuance amongst several residences in matters related to gang style home invasions.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It a guaranteed when you do several warrants. It takes extra manpower to do that kind of stuff. SWAT gets the ones with the highest known risk.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You stated your outrage at the presumption of innocence granted the police by some posters, when prior to a trial, everyone is granted the presumption of innocence by our U.S. Constitution; it's a cornerstone of our legal system.

Including the guy who was shot 60 times in his own home. Now, of course, he'll never get the chance to be tried by a jury of his peers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mentioned that a few pages back .It don't count .In fact - I don't know if you've noticed this - unless you are a cop or a lawyer , nothing you post counts.

Hmmmmmm..... from the deep recesses of my memory , back before you added the redux , it seems YOU might be qualified to offer an opinion .

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bob, I realize when and why SWAT is used and when it is, it pays to have your schit together. My point it it doesn't look like this crew did.

I know enough about them it doesn't matter if there is one dude and a baby nursery or a genuine crack house, anyone so much as wielding a butter knife is going to get shot; its up to the police to know what they are entering and controlling the situation, and this crew bears some responsibility when it appears they didn't.

I'm interested in to what qualifies as a "gang style" home invasion and how one protects themself against such?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Involving SWAT to administer a search warrant is a bit overkill
============

Actually,it's near SOP when it's a simultaneous issuance amongst several residences in matters related to gang style home invasions.

You mentioned "gang style home invasions" earlier but the cops claim the search warrant was for narcotics.Did I miss something in the newspaper account?

Page 29 of 61 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (338Rules, 6mmbrfan, atvalaska, 9 invisible), 928 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,120
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.