Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 684 of 1,842 1 2 682 683 684 685 686 1841 1842
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah Ryan, I hear ya. Sure makes you take a step back and cherish what you have, that is for sure.

As far as coming to see ya, we have actually been thinking about a trip to the black hills this summer with the kids. no dates planned or anything, but just kicking it around. I will make sure things cool off here for awhile so as not to bring the death and destruction with me.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds good to me, let me know when you head this way, I can give you a tour of the restoration out here if you like

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
It keeps getting weirder around here! No they havent caught the creep who killed the lady from Osakis that I knew. Then, yesterday at around 5 pm, a boat with 6 people in it went out of control and hit the shore killing 2. This happened less than a mile from me. frown

Saw that on the news down here in the TC. Latest information is the dead girl was driving the boat. It hit their own wake and went airborne. Just from the pics it looks like a 24' Donzi or similar with probably a big block I/O. A 60+ mph boat for sure. Alcohol was also involved according to CBS.

I've got a 20' 350 V8 runabout that will hit 60. Primarily use it on the St. Croix. The wakes from the big cruisers will launch you real good if you're not careful. It's easy to lose control when you go airborne. Too bad a fun day on the water had to end in tragedy.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
according to an eyewitness, she was goofing around spinning circles when she lost control, so she probably did hit a big wake. What added to the poor decision making was that where they were was a small tight part of the lake adjacent to a public fishing dock and boat landing. if they would have been out in the middle of the lake, it would have been much safer. incredibly lucky they didnt take out a lot of people on that dock.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
One bad decision changes a lot of lives. Not saying I've never done that, because I have and it's fun, but not that close to a dock.

I'm glad I have a boat because if we get anymore rain, I'll need it to get to work. Got 3.75" at our place according to the rain gauge. We have more on the way today. Lots of standing water in the yard, which hasn't happened at our place since I've lived there. It's all nice sand under the topsoil.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know I've made bad decisions in my life, I hate to think of how many times and ways things could have gone badly.

we've had lots of rain here too, unfortunately I have no boat and been working my tail off the last couple weeks. good news is I close on my house on friday and will have the whole weekend to move in and relax.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
good news is I close on my house on friday and will have the whole weekend to move in and relax.

Well, one outta two ain't bad. laugh

Good luck with the closing. I don't know if you've ever bought a house before, but your writting hand will have a cramp at the end of the day.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The wife an I helped chaperone our grandsons kindergarten class today on a bus trip to the Portland Zoo. Had a great time with the kids even though it was cold, windy and rainy.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I have most of the stuff signed already, and whenever something changes I had to sign it, and then sign a piece of paper that said I signed the one with the change. I did go to the auction they had yesterday and picked up a nice lawn mower and upright freezer for 150 bucks smile I coulda/shoulda bought more but at them auctions you can spend a ton on "bargains" and it adds up fast. I told the sellers that anything that didn't sell at auction they could leave and I would take care of it. now I have a garage full of old furniture LOL. although one couch looks just like one of the chickenbuck couches so I'll have that to sit on when I start having withdrawals again smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I told the sellers that anything that didn't sell at auction they could leave and I would take care of it. now I have a garage full of old furniture LOL. although one couch looks just like one of the chickenbuck couches so I'll have that to sit on when I start having withdrawals again smile

Ya gotta fart on it and spill a few sips of beer on the coushion first. Then you'll never know you were gone. laugh

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just got back for a heckova Twins game tonight. Swazack threw a no hitter through 8 inning, and the Twins pulled one out in the 10th on a bases loaded hit over the right fielders head.

Fun night.

Headed to Mille Lacs in a few hours.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck Tom-reports to follow?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Report is... decent fishing for me, but neighbor guy says it was slow. We did get some big ones, I'll put up pictures toorrow, I'm too wiped to do it tonight.

I kept 3, BIL kept 2 or 3 and neighbor kept 3. Neighbor dude got a 24"er and I got a 25"er. They were nice heavy fish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
awesome! I miss fishin, I might get back on the water one of these years

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here are a few pics.

25" too big had to go back. Nice healthy looking walleye though.
[Linked Image]

24" another looking healthy walleye the neighbor guy caught, we'll have to teach him how to hold a fish so you can see it in the pictures. Actually, he's a real good fisherman.
[Linked Image]

not too big to go back. smile
[Linked Image]

It was a fun day, and nice weather wise, it didn't rain until we got off the water. There wasn't a bit of a breeze, that made the fishing a little slow I think, but you could really open up the boat and let her run on that smooth water. It was a good test run.

Last edited by tzone; 05/30/11.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sounds like it was a lot of fun, them fish look delicious!
I need to get out and catch me some fish hopefully if/when things slow down a little bit

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice Eye Tom. Last report I have is that Crappies are doing well, but Walleyes are still slow in Northern WI. Kids got back from Africa Sunday night. Spent most of Monday looking at pictures.

Heading home Wednesday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Bill,
I just read your sig line. Is that experience talking?

heading up to the north arm of Rainy on Thursday. should be fun. hopefully it aint windy!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What a weekend this past weekend...but I'll let ND elaborate on all the going's on. I'm still tired, ugh.

14 more days until "the big trip"!!!! Whoop!!!!! grin Sure hope the weather shapes up before we go.

"I'm not crying!!"
Page 684 of 1,842 1 2 682 683 684 685 686 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,483
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.