Print Thread
Hop To
#5273773 05/26/11
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Had a nice training day yesterday with a combo of field and water work. Nitro (the baby) got intro'd to his first duck, I am having fun with this pup!!
Nitro in the field:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Water work (and first duck retrieve):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyAD552PhdQ

Momma Tara on a woodcock find:
[Linked Image]

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
GB1

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Nitro yesterday doing almost 200 yd lines land/water.
The reason I had to command him back once he was almost across is he came to a small tree in the water before shore & tried grabbing it, you can then see him jump it after I yell "back". Not to shabby for an 11 mnth old pup!!!!

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is turning into a fantastic dog.
Please keep us up to date with his progress.

[Linked Image]
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Thanks much! I have been upping the "tough factor" on his retrieves & it hasn't phased him. Crossed half-submerged deadfall like an old pro.
Had him out Monday working with his junior handler & they did great, only problem was (I was hiding so it was all Dylan handling) the "photographer" that day only took pics of Nitro & not Nitro and Dylan. frown frown

Last edited by zodiakgsps; 06/18/11.

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
A
A
Those are nice Dogs man. I'm in my 25th year running GSP's. I'd have it no other way. Would love to connect more with zodiakgsps. We in the same game!!!

IC B2

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Thanks APH & hello! This pup just turned a year old, haven't run him much in anything yet - he ran in 2 field trials & took 3rd both times, was shown once & got reserve, so he's showing potential. smile
The rest of my guys are on my website http://www.annsk9designs.com/
Lots of pics on it.

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
A
A
Great, i'll have a look. For many many years we selected GSP's from German and Scandanavian lines. About ten years ago we started bringing in Semen and a Couple of Males from Wisconsin (mainly).

Our Dogs are absolutely unbelievable now. We have a huge standard at the moment and our Field Trials are seriously difficult.

Anyway American GSP's are the Bomb-For sure

A
A
Check me out on www.birdhunt.co.za just about to upgrade the site!!!

A
A
Wow Zodiak. That's some awesome water work man. Cool Dog wow wow wow!!!

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Thank you! That is my youngest, not even a year yet in the videos. His older brother is very close to being a Dual Champion (trained & handled by me) and does equally well retrieving -he is going for his Retrieving Dog Excellent next month.
Tara, the dam of both is the 3rd GSP in PA/OH/NY area to get an RDX & she did it the week she weaned Nitros litter -no prep training!
This is Tara doing long picture blinds, 200 yds:

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 32 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,861
Posts18,497,178
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.