Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 61 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 60 61
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by DINK
I suppose to the police the War on Drugs grants the police the privilege to consider every citizen a druggie and therefore, the enemy.

Did you miss the home invasion part?

I can give you some phone numbers of parents that their kids are dead because of overdoses on dope and you can ask them if they would consider a dope runner the enemy. What do you think they would say?

Dink

You prove my point. Every citizen is a druggie and the enemy. You are a warrior of the War of Drugs. I understand your position that the only good guys are the police. I was in the military and I understand the mind set training of who's the enemy. The police have gone from being police to being soldiers.

As all citizens are now the enemy, then the police commando soldiers should expect armed resistance. If the police would get back to being police and the Bill of Rights were followed especially the 4th Amendment, the armed resistance would drop.

We need to declare the War on Drugs as won and come up with reasonable drug laws that don't require police commando soldiers then police would become respected members of the community again.

You're not making sense.....again.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or, middle aged white men who live alone and essentially dysfucntional in modern society are all serial killers or fantasize about such things.

I Burn While I See
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
....something tels me there is a lot of Cheeto dust mixed in there too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by DINK
I suppose to the police the War on Drugs grants the police the privilege to consider every citizen a druggie and therefore, the enemy.

Did you miss the home invasion part?

I can give you some phone numbers of parents that their kids are dead because of overdoses on dope and you can ask them if they would consider a dope runner the enemy. What do you think they would say?

Dink

You prove my point. Every citizen is a druggie and the enemy. You are a warrior of the War of Drugs. I understand your position that the only good guys are the police. I was in the military and I understand the mind set training of who's the enemy. The police have gone from being police to being soldiers.

As all citizens are now the enemy, then the police commando soldiers should expect armed resistance. If the police would get back to being police and the Bill of Rights were followed especially the 4th Amendment, the armed resistance would drop.

We need to declare the War on Drugs as won and come up with reasonable drug laws that don't require police commando soldiers then police would become respected members of the community again.

You're not making sense.....again.

I'm not making sense!!!!!!!! I'm not making sense!!!!!!!

You young pup cops have stated in these posts that if a War on Drugs warrant was issued then that person was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. As has been said some of you cops make dang good bureaucrats. You cops can't even see how the War on Drugs has changed the way police operate. I understand that as most of you young cops cannot remember a time when there wasn't a War on Drugs but I can.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

He finally said something factual.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Damn...

So, all I'd have to do is say something like... "it's common knowledge that middle school civics teachers routinely bugger small boys, dead goats, and their household dogs", and it would then be up to someone asserting that is NOT the case to prove it is NOT common knowledge?

Wow....

No wonder Chris couldn't pass the bar and wouldn't dare try to practice.

To think he influences kids (in whatever manner...) daily, is rather scary.

Another piece of your usual brilliant analysis.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Remember, tell yourself that every morning when you get up and eventually you'll come to accept it. smirk

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Hyperbolic descriptions clearly invented from vivid imaginations and no factual support,while maybe some fun for some not paying attention,it's a boring waste of time for folks trained in the art of meticulous fact finding and not prone to drama-like,unsupported gossip. BOB

This from a guy with 7 enumerated points replete with "if" , "I believe" ,"presumably" etc.

If this is the result of being "trained in the art of fact finding" I'll skip the training. grin

Goodnite all.

================

Now you're starting to get it,old-timer. Folks have been saying you've been speculating since page one and now you wish to accuse one of it because he properly used words such as "if" and "I believe". You're inconsistent and awkward with your thoughts,dude. You don't have any facts but you speak of murder,cowardice and reports,none of which are supported by one iota of fact. I feel like I'm responding to trh or dd when they're voicing some of their famed critical thinking.

I'll take your criticisms one by one :

Murder: I havn't used that word in connection with this as far as I can recall.I know the definition and the word doesnt fit.

Cowardice : It's the most logical explanation for running back out the door after killing the only guy you saw , and when you havn't recieved any return fire."Fear" don't work for me in this instance as an explanation.The dead Marine was trained to advance in spite of it.Apparently the cops couldn't rise to that level.

Report: I used it instead of "police statement" , an error I corrected when challenged by another poster.

I'll make the same comment about DD that someone [mighta been Pat] made about me : "He ain't wrong ALL the time ........ " , so maybe I deserve being lumped with him .

But not TRH.grin [No apology necessary since I know you didn't really mean itgrin .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
It was handled in such a way that an innocent man would almost certainly be shot by SWAT, and this is becoming the norm.

Can you provide your source of this assertion? I would love to read the study.
Pretty hard to miss the fact that SWAT (Special Weapons Assault Team) is being used increasingly for dynamic entry style warrant service when it was designed to respond to already hot, already life threatening, situations. If you have information that this piece of common knowledge is in fact false, feel free to provide your source. I'd be more than happy to retract my statement.

For starters, it's Special Weapons And Tactics.

Although that was a pretty smooth move trying to get "assault team" in there.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And it's the "tactics" that are being criticized so I agree that it's a dumb mistake to make.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
It was handled in such a way that an innocent man would almost certainly be shot by SWAT, and this is becoming the norm.

Can you provide your source of this assertion? I would love to read the study.
Pretty hard to miss the fact that SWAT (Special Weapons Assault Team) is being used increasingly for dynamic entry style warrant service when it was designed to respond to already hot, already life threatening, situations. If you have information that this piece of common knowledge is in fact false, feel free to provide your source. I'd be more than happy to retract my statement.

For starters, it's Special Weapons And Tactics.

Although that was a pretty smooth move trying to get "assault team" in there.
It was changed from Special Weapons Assault Team to Special Weapons And Tactics for PR reasons.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Gates explained in his autobiography Chief: My Life in the LAPD that he neither developed SWAT tactics nor the associated and often distinctive equipment; but that he supported the underlying concept, tried to empower his people to develop it, and generally lent them moral support.[3] Gates originally named the platoon "Special Weapons Assault Team"; however, this name was not generally favoured and was rejected by his manager, deputy police chief Ed Davis as sounding too much like a military organization. Wanting to keep the acronym "SWAT", Gates changed its expanded form to "special weapons and tactics"."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWAT

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Double post.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 05/26/11.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're cluelessness is gaining speed.

The person the police are trying to protected very well be a victim of a home invasion, not just a snitch. Try thinking instead of copying and you might see that.

It's the insurance company that will pay. The county's premiums might go up, but the insurance company will pay.

5 million is absurd. But then again I'm basing my posts on actual experience.

If they file a Federal case the jury is pulled from the district, not county. And sure there'll be a lot of Hispanics on the jury, but they likely won't be the entire jury and it certainly won't be full of gang bangers or illegals.

And no they don't have to find him guilty. They just have to show that the officers acted with reasonableness (not perfection) as another officer would have (not all officers, and certainly not as you or your buddy TAK would have. TAK wouldn't even be called as an expert witness) based on the facts and circumstances THEN known to the officer and not based on the 20/20 vision of hindsight.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
You're cluelessness is gaining speed.

The person the police are trying to protected very well be a victim of a home invasion, not just a snitch. Try thinking instead of copying and you might see that.

It's the insurance company that will pay. The county's premiums might go up, but the insurance company will pay.

5 million is absurd. But then again I'm basing my posts on actual experience.

If they file a Federal case the jury is pulled from the district, not county. And sure there'll be a lot of Hispanics on the jury, but they likely won't be the entire jury and it certainly won't be full of gang bangers or illegals.

And no they don't have to find him guilty. They just have to show that the officers acted with reasonableness (not perfection) as another officer would have (not all officers, and certainly not as you or your buddy TAK would have. TAK wouldn't even be called as an expert witness) based on the facts and circumstances THEN known to the officer and not based on the 20/20 vision of hindsight.
Follow the original intent of the Constitution and mistakes will be much less destructive. Our system was designed so that errors by state actors were always to be made in favor of individual rights, the idea that a man's home is his castle, and that all are presumed innocent till proven guilty. Those weren't just slogans.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Never was a home intended to be a sacred sanctuary for criminals. You actually think you're making some logical sense,don't you? Your confusion and frazzled brain make it so very important that curriculums remain the norm. They've probably saved you from having to delve into your 13th professional endeavor,16th if not for those pesky psych evals!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Never was a home intended to be a sacred sanctuary for criminals.
This is why we have judge issued search warrants. Entering a man's home against his will was thought such a grave matter that extraordinary legal authority was meant to be required to do so, subjecting the seeker of such a warrant to the penalty of perjury in his reporting of facts which would, if true, persuade a reasonable prudent man that a crime was committed and that evidence of said crime is present in the particular place to be searched. The possibility of acquiring a search warrant isn't what I'm objecting to, and you perfectly know that. What I'm objecting to is the manner in which the search warrant was in this case, and is way too often, executed. It wasn't executed in such a way as to err on the side of the presumption of innocence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gates may have wanted to call it Swamp Women Are Terrific.

But the name it was GIVEN is Special Weapons And Tactics.

Assault Team fits your agenda, so you went with that.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
So, a home is a refuge for criminal activity?

That's got to be comforting to some, as it's common knowledge that in their homes is where the middle-aged, single, white male middle-school teacher who fornicates domestic animals and small boys (again, it's just common knowledge that they all are doing this) prefers to do those unnatural and illegal actions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're not making sense in that you assume too much and paint with too broad a brush.

I Burn While I See
Page 39 of 61 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 3dtestify, 21 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,161
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.