-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A couple of us are headed down to the Broad River for some Cobia fishing week after next. Anyone on here been yet this season or have a report from that area on either in-shore or near shore fishing? The last two years we have had good luck with Cobia either at the Bridge or near the mouth of Port Royal sound. I am just looking to see if anyone has been or if anyone might be headed that way in the near future.
Local reports have been spotty but say that several 50# fish have been caught during the month of May. I figure we still have 2-3 weeks of the major "Run" for the big fish. We may end up heading off-shore if the weather is nice so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How did ya'll do?

Lowcountry Georgetown and Garden City updates appreciated!!??

Thanks,

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
We leave this afternoon. we will fish Thursday, Friday and saturday. So far, the report is that the Broad River is slow and it's hard to keep the little sharks from biting.

I will update you as soon as we get back with a 1st hand report.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
byc,
I told you I would report back so here it goes. We did fairly well but not in the River. We had to go offshore to a wreck to catch any. They were a little finicky but the ones that bit were big cobia. Thursday, we caught several sharks abd one was close to 100 lbs. The boat beside us must have caught 12 while we were there in a matter of a few hours. Needless to say, we were in the right spot but had the wrong bait. We finally figured out what they wanted and went back on Friday to the same spot. We caught a few 2' Atlantic Sharpnose but everything else was nice. Ended up with 4 cobia, 3 of which were over 33". Two were right at 40" and one was 57" and weighed 60lbs+!!! That was, by far, the biggest cobia I have ever seen up close. We also caught a 150lb or so, 7' shark in between all the other action.

all in al, it was a great trip. We tried to fish the river (couldn't go out Saturday) but it was even too rough in the river that day. No fish on Saturday but we mainly drove around looking for Spanish and wasted most of the day.

PM me your e-mail and I will give you details on what bait we were using and will e-mail you a picture of the big cobia. I will try to get it on photobucker and post it here later this week.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good report PJ. Thanks!

You caught fish and that's all that matters. I had to buy mine from a roadside cooler.
Thanks for the update bud. I'll drop my e-mail.

David

Anyone fishing the jetty's at Garden City inside the gates @ south-end?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.