Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 45 of 61 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 60 61
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Not into it, (the campfire slap fighting on this subject)

Not by the wildest stretch of the imagination.

This is a very bad deal.

There is such a thing as a bad marine combat vet.

But if that is NOT the case, then let them boys in black all swing by their necks.

Dave, emotion is the only thing driving the entire story. Avoid it.

well, emotion and partisanship.

Sam......

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
I know that TLEE does not want the KOTY candidates agreeing, +1 ing, or +1,000 ing him...hell I have to take a bath after you kooks do it to me...and I am damn sure more off plumb than him...
Well, my understanding of KOTY is that it's sort of a coping mechanism for you guys with a neoconservative bent. If you can't think up arguments against conservative positions, you have to either become a conservative yourself (abandoning neoconservatism), or you have to identify conservatives as kooks, relieving you of the burden of actually considering their arguments. You folks choose the latter. And then there are those who just join what they perceive to be the popular crowd, and thus adopt the usage of the KOTY moniker with a mind towards increasing their own popularity.

PS Not saying DD is a conservative, per se, but I think this is the origin of the KOTY moniker. DD is a self described bohemian something or other.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In these threads where the caveat;"IF this , then I believe that" is implicit in most of the posts,the nature of the posters is revealed more clearly than a thread where all the facts are known.[I'm not sure I know what I just said grin ]

There really are only two legitimate positions to take regarding this event as far as I'm concerned:

1. Whether the SO's suspicions about Jose's involvement in crime are found to be valid or not , this was a terribly botched up police operation .

2. There is nothing in the statements released by the SO to indicate any police mis-behaviour with regard to this event.

Most of the member's who posted a time or two and left the thread adopted position 1 .A few in that catagory adopted position 2.

The fact that the thread has gone this long is because some have tried to carve out a position other than one of these two.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
In these threads where the caveat;"IF this , then I believe that" is implicit in most of the posts,the nature of the posters is revealed more clearly than a thread where all the facts are known.[I'm not sure I know what I just said grin ]

There really are only two legitimate positions to take regarding this event as far as I'm concerned:

1. Whether the SO's suspicions about Jose's involvement in crime are found to be valid or not , this was a terribly botched up police operation .

2. There is nothing in the statements released by the SO to indicate any police mis-behaviour with regard to this event.

Most of the member's who posted a time or two and left the thread adopted position 1 .A few in that catagory adopted position 2.

The fact that the thread has gone this long is because some have tried to carve out a position other than one of these two.
I think it goes beyond a botched up police operation. That statement presumes the ordinary appropriateness of using SWAT to serve warrants, but that the only problem was that this SWAT warrant service was done badly. My view is that SWAT should not be used for ordinary warrant service. SWAT, if it must be used at all, should be restricted to its original mission, i.e., to respond to already hot situations only, i.e., cops involved in a shootout, hostage has been taken, etc. Military tactics have no place in ordinary police work in the American civilian environment, or results WILL be like we've seen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I toggled your post , Hawkeye , and you could have just said "Put me in No.1".

Not enough words for you? grin

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I toggled your post , Hawkeye , and you could have just said "Put me in No.1".

Not enough words for you? grin
I believe that's already my position, as I believe I won KOTY last year. Not surprising to me, since I think I'm about the most effective defender of conservatism here at the Fire. That makes me dangerous to those who fear conservatism, and therefore in need of marginalization, thus all the stops are pulled in my respect.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your thinking is what 99.8% of what folks laugh at! It's always driven you nuts you weren't capable or qualified to be LEO. And, if you were able to fool someone,you'd be fired or dead within a year.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye

I think [/quote]

Not generally...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Your thinking is what 99.8% of what folks laugh at! It's always driven you nuts you weren't capable or qualified to be LEO. And, if you were able to fool someone,you'd be fired or dead within a year.
Why do you repeat what you know to be untrue, then? If reality were as you say, you'd never need to resort to lies in your efforts to marginalize, yet with respect to me, just about everything you type is a ball faced lie. Can't get any more proof positive than that.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Was my percentage too low?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Figures you'd choose to dodge that one.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Did you see a modification? The only other change I'd consider is making the firing or death less than a year.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Note to self: You know that a lawyer is not going to accept a position defined by another person.grin

Edited to add : They have THAT in common with Kooks.grin

Last edited by curdog4570; 05/27/11.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

..but OMG, it would be so cool to be his training officer when he got thrown into his first ghetto cluster in the projects.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Just exactly what position is it that you defined you'd like for me to consider or accept?

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell

..but OMG, it would be so cool to be his training officer when he got thrown into his first ghetto cluster in the projects.

============================

The most critical piece of equipment trah would need in a dynamic such as that would be "Baby Wipes"

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just exactly what position is it that you defined you'd like for me to consider or accept?

The choices are in the post just before where you started in on TRH.

I thought I had defined them pretty well , but am always open to expert correction.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
OK, just read it.Your positions are fine. I'd add a 3rd including language to the effect there aren't enough disclosed or known facts to opine anything other than a F'in guess,at this juncture.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm obliged . Since this ain't a poll [and nobody pays much attention anyhow to posts halfway back up a page ] I'll leave the post as is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, I cannot recall, and a search did not produce results. Did anyone post a link to the video of the helmet camera of one of the SWAT guys? Here is a link to a new article with a link to the video. It answers some questions. Helmet Camera Link

If someone already posted it, sorry.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 45 of 61 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 10 invisible), 1,013 guests, and 886 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,126
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.