Print Thread
Hop To
M
MNDOG Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I am looking for holster options. I would like a belt holster and maybe something to put on the MOLLE webbing on my packs.

What do you guys have for the 2.5" revolvers?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Galco Combat Master for a Model 325 NG that I would not recommend for anyone who wants a concealment holster. It is going to go down the road. I have a Sparks VMII on order for it. I currently am using a Remora reinforced top, which is reviewed here. Remora

I am very interested in hearing what other people have to say. It is hard to find off the shelf holsters for NG/PD models unless you go with belt slide type holsters that are not length sensitive.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hate to sounds like a snob, but I am honestly done with over the counter leather any more. I do use a Kydex holster from Comp-Tac regularly but other than that I have leather built for whatever I need.

For what the over the counter stuff costs you can have a custom holster built and it will be exactly what you want.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with you. It's just no fun having to wait 7 months before you can carry it, which is a problem with oddball guns. Speaking of which, how's the 396 working out?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Check out Pistol Packaging in Maple Plain. They will make whatever you need.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
So will Simply rugged and Diamond D Custom leather.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Simply Rugged. I've got one for a 2.5 inch 327 and it works great. You can get it with IWB loops (which can be removed) and a thumbstrap as well....both of these might be nice if attaching it to MOLLE. Use the IWB snap/loops to attach it to the MOLLE...run something through the belt loop holes and attach it the the MOLLE....snap over the hammer just in case (not needed while on the hip.

Simply Rugged gets them out pretty quick too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree on Simply Rugged, and they do a IWB/OWB setup as well. I just don't think it's as good as a dedicated IWB, and OWB with a big gun is just not concealable. I know that because I tried my 325 in a Simply Rugged Sourdough for a 2-1/2" barrel Redhawk.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
True...I don't carry the Simply Rugged for concealed carry. I got the IWB straps but don't use them. The N-frame is just a bit big but works great OWB for around the farm, especially with a few shot loads up front for snakes and rats.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I agree with you. It's just no fun having to wait 7 months before you can carry it, which is a problem with oddball guns. Speaking of which, how's the 396 working out?

So far so good but I haven't really rung it out yet per se. It's with a local saddle maker getting leather built right now... grin

I'll give a full report on the revolver and this guy's leather when I get both back. But I can tell you right now I had an eleven year old busting beer cans at 20 yds. with the pistol. That thing almost shoots itself...

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I agree on Simply Rugged, and they do a IWB/OWB setup as well. I just don't think it's as good as a dedicated IWB, and OWB with a big gun is just not concealable. I know that because I tried my 325 in a Simply Rugged Sourdough for a 2-1/2" barrel Redhawk.

Love SR. But the sourdough pancake is a bit much for IWB, and I am a huge fan of IWB carry. I am going to order the mini for an SP101 though. That may be a different story.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
El Paso Saddlery makes nice holsters. They have fast turnaround an reasonable prices. I don't think anybody has been making holsters as long as them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kalbrecht
El Paso Saddlery makes nice holsters. They have fast turnaround an reasonable prices. I don't think anybody has been making holsters as long as them.

Agreed on all counts. Their turn around is good.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kalbrecht
Agreed on all counts. Their turn around is good.

Travis
They've been my favorite for a lot of years, too.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
M
MNDOG Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I am looking at big river leather here in the twin cities but they have a long wait time also. Anyone know if blade tech or anyone makes custom kydex holsters?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Holy crap, I didn't know they made a 2.5" 329. Good luck to you with that one! I sold my 329 because I hated shooting it, and that was with the standard barrel.

M
MNDOG Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
the backpacker has a steel cylinder so it is not too bad. It is not a recreational shooter for sure but mostly to carry in bear country.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Because I crawl around in the brush in a wet enviroment, I do not like leather holsters. I prefer top-flap holsters to keep the crud out of my revolver.

These folks make some good quality nylon holsters at reasonable prices.

Here is what I use for my 329pd.

Hope this helps.

M
MNDOG Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I found a Galco DOA made for the ruger alaskan II 2.5" that fits really nice. I ordered it online since it was 42$ cheaper than the gunshop. hopefully I'll heve it this weekend.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,943 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,365
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.