Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We were supposed to have a BBQ in Troy two weeks ago but when I called to confirm all I got was voice mail and no response. I left a message the last time saying that I wouldn't be there since I had no confirmation but I've not heard a word nor have I seen her post.

Is it my breath? My underarm deodorant quit working? Is is something my best friend, if I had one, won't even tell me?

I wonder is she's OK.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mickey, I saw that she dropped in to post yesterday about music she had a connection with. But otherwise she seems to have made herself scarce lately.
Give her a hug if you catch up with her.
I like the sunshine she brings to the fire too.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by colodog
Mickey, I saw that she dropped in to post yesterday about music she had a connection with. But otherwise she seems to have made herself scarce lately.

I've never laid eyes on her but she was supposed to meet Les and me for BBQ a couple of months back but went into the hospital. She called me a couple of times and picked the day for our lunch but when I called two days before the day I couldn't get her nor has she ever returned my call. Strange.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
supposed to meet Les and me for BBQ

Well there's the problem. You invite a nice Lady and then invite the Window Licker and wonder why she doesn't show up grin grin

Sorry Les, couldn't help it

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MColeman

Is it my breath? My underarm deodorant quit working? Is is something my best friend, if I had one, won't even tell me?

Yes...................................................... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yes...................................................... grin

Oops! blush

Just be thankful you're not a crotch sniffer. wink

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
supposed to meet Les and me for BBQ

Well there's the problem. You invite a nice Lady and then invite the Window Licker and wonder why she doesn't show up grin grin

Sorry Les, couldn't help it

Les warn't so bad.....I did notice a SWAT team hanging around and keeping a close eye on him, though. Wonder why?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had lunch with Les last Sunday in Columbus GA on my way back from Florida... Where were you?

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe she posted that she had lost a friend and was pretty tore up about it. And some sort of left-sided injuries that put her down.

Or maybe she knows you got snakes floating round the yard. wink

Last edited by byc; 05/28/11. Reason: add

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by colodog

I've never laid eyes on her but she was supposed to meet Les and me for BBQ a couple of months back but went into the hospital. She called me a couple of times and picked the day for our lunch but when I called two days before the day I couldn't get her nor has she ever returned my call. Strange.

COLD feet maybe?

I too like the way she puts the "FIRE' in "campfire". Neat lady.

If I were a few years younger I might drive down to 'Bammy to look her up.

Best wishes, Bill

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS. I AM HANDICAPPED AND ONLY HAVE ONE USABLE HAND FOR TYPING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

"THE" THREAD KILLER #3

It's ok....I've started up my meds again........They'll take effect in about a week. ( In honor of Staci M. 2006)

NRA LIFE MEMBER - 1965
JPFO- LIFE MEMBER

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Talked to her last night she seems to be alright, just seems like she has alot going on right now.... I'm sure she'll be back on soon, once things calm down......

Oh and by the way, even though Les is my cousin. He still makes me nervous when I'm around him.... You know that his window licking is embarassing at times.....

Expecially when we walked past Victorias Secret in the mall.

He was like a lamprey on a salmon......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
She always has a lot going on

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PAMac
Talked to her last night she seems to be alright, just seems like she has alot going on right now.... I'm sure she'll be back on soon, once things calm down......

Oh and by the way, even though Les is my cousin. He still makes me nervous when I'm around him.... You know that his window licking is embarassing at times.....

Expecially when we walked past Victorias Secret in the mall.

He was like a lamprey on a salmon......

Sounds like the Les I picture in my minds eye! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had lunch with Les last Sunday in Columbus GA on my way back from Florida... Where were you?

Les didn't call me. I guess one meal with me was about all he could take.

I have noticed since everybody just about has caller ID that I can't ever find anyone at home.........

Last edited by MColeman; 05/28/11.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by byc
I believe she posted that she had lost a friend and was pretty tore up about it. And some sort of left-sided injuries that put her down.

Or maybe she knows you got snakes floating round the yard. wink

We weren't going to meet at my place. Wonder why she didn't give me any explanation?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mickey,

I would like to apologize to you for missing our lunch, in all honesty I completely forgot about it with everything going on here.

As mentioned here in this post, a week ago yesterday (Friday) an incident happened here at my home (about 3am) that sent me to the Emergency where I was till late that afternoon. The result of the incident was the side of my left breast, and down along the left side of my stomach were torn up pretty bad, along with several deep puncture marks. Never have I experienced this type of incident and never do I want to again. To say it scared me to all to hell, and hurt like hell would be an understatement

That evening after being released from the ER a close friend took suddenly ill respitory, and because they had no one to be there for them I offered to do what I could. After intensive care and two days of tending his bedside Moses passed.

I apologize for forgetting about you, I apologize for making you think anything other than good of me, and I apologize for putting other things ahead of you. I should not have, but in truth till I read this I had truly forgotten, and that is not sonmething I would ever do to someone I care about. I am sorry, and I do again apologize, and hope you can forgive me. No insult and no harm intended.

Lynn

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
She always has a lot going on

Yes I do, a people and drama filled life.

If doing what I did with/for Moses, is a lot always going on, so be it, I'll keep the always a lot going on life wink

Lynn

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Les didn't call me. I guess one meal with me was about all he could take.

I have noticed since everybody just about has caller ID that I can't ever find anyone at home.........

You know he was complimenting me on how good my breath smelled and that I was lacking offensive bodily odors! wink grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hey Lynn, i am glad you are ok, and sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for a quick recovery and healing of the heart.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
hey Lynn, i am glad you are ok, and sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers for a quick recovery and healing of the heart.

Thanks Marty, it is amazing how the emotional pain can outweigh the physical pain, even pain as bad as that was/is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,194
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.