Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
BCBrian Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Here's an interesting article.

WASHINGTON: A new study has revealed that people who have different political ideologies also have differing tastes when it comes to food choices . Hunch.com analysed 700,000 members in order to predict particular demographics , personality and other characteristics based on their food choices, reports the Livescience.

These were subsequently compared against the political views the participants associates themselves with. The web-based survey found that liberals preferred thin-crust pizza, hard to pronounce pastas such as gnocchi and fusilli and a glass of wine with dinner.

Whereas, the conservatives enjoyed deep-dish pizza, McDonald's French fries and a can of coke with their meal.

Furthermore, liberals were 28 % more likely to eat fresh fruit daily and 17% more likely to eat toast or a bagel in the morning compared to conservatives who were 20% more likely to skip breakfast.

The study surfaced that 10 pc of liberals indicated they are vegetarians compared to 3% of conservatives . With 60% of the liberals indicating liking beer, they are 28 % more likely than conservatives to enjoy the drink. Although there''s a correlation between views and food choices , the study doesn't say that one influences the other, as demographics could also play a role.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It is pretty easy to explain why conservatives are 20% more likely to skip breakfast. It is because they are running late for work.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, that settles that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I want to know who paid for the stupid study.

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was following you until I got to the beer part - seen thousands of gallons of beer consumed over the years - never drank one with a liberal (who admitted it) that I can remember, mostly drink with rednecks and Soldiers - I think the author of the study lost my confidence in his findings with that assertion.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
i get called a liberal all the time (only because i refuse to be anti OR pro-abortion and don't hate gay people)... i like beer, wine, deepdish, and thin crust

i'm a freak

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Appears am a conservative with culinary confusion, or the world's most confused black-sheep liberal.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbob
It is pretty easy to explain why conservatives are 20% more likely to skip breakfast. It is because they are running late for work.

LOL conservatives are 70% more likely to buy something with their own money.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't need a study to tell me that BO would prefer a White Zinfidel, pinkie out, to a real beer.

P.S. Conservative are 20% more likely to skip breakfast because they are late to their work, true. Much more convenient for most liberals to eat breakfast when your only job is cashing that benefit check.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liberals will usually not admit to being liberal. There is simple test I have developed. If you are talking with a liberal or a democrate and atack a democratic leader the person will atack a conservitve leader. If, on the other hand, you are talking to a conservitive and atack a conservitive leader he will defend the leader.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beprepared
i get called a liberal all the time (only because i refuse to be anti OR pro-abortion and don't hate gay people)... i like beer, wine, deepdish, and thin crust

i'm a freak

Freak grin

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Liberals will usually not admit to being liberal. There is simple test I have developed. If you are talking with a liberal or a democrate and atack a democratic leader the person will atack a conservitve leader. If, on the other hand, you are talking to a conservitive and atack a conservitive leader he will defend the leader.

Interesting, we could conduct a study, but I try not to hang out in those neighborhoods. eek

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DINK
I want to know who paid for the stupid study.

Dink
Liberals. With tax money collected from conservatives.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
According to that survey I got both sides covered. confused

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
According to that survey I got both sides covered. confused

Only because their great bipartisans LOL.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Here's an interesting article.

WASHINGTON: A new study has revealed that people who have different political ideologies also have differing tastes when it comes to food choices . Hunch.com analysed 700,000 members in order to predict particular demographics , personality and other characteristics based on their food choices, reports the Livescience.

These were subsequently compared against the political views the participants associates themselves with. The web-based survey found that liberals preferred thin-crust pizza, hard to pronounce pastas such as gnocchi and fusilli and a glass of wine with dinner.

Whereas, the conservatives enjoyed deep-dish pizza, McDonald's French fries and a can of coke with their meal.

Furthermore, liberals were 28 % more likely to eat fresh fruit daily and 17% more likely to eat toast or a bagel in the morning compared to conservatives who were 20% more likely to skip breakfast.

The study surfaced that 10 pc of liberals indicated they are vegetarians compared to 3% of conservatives . With 60% of the liberals indicating liking beer, they are 28 % more likely than conservatives to enjoy the drink. Although there''s a correlation between views and food choices , the study doesn't say that one influences the other, as demographics could also play a role.
Ridiculous! An Italian-American wouldn't be caught dead eating deep dish pizza, conservative or liberal. I'd like also to look at how they defined conservative. Probably folks who favored torture, endless wars, and the Federal Reserve centrally planning our economy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

It's true that liberals don't admit it. My sister is as liberal as they come, and always denies it. She insists she only considers which policies and candidates are best, without regard for liberal/conservative. Of course, in her view, only liberal policies and candidates are best.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
76.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot... and all contain an element of Bias

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I eat whatever kind of pizza the kids order from Dominos.

Do pizza parlors take food stamps?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know better than that. You just order it for the vacant house next door and jack the delivery guy. You don't waste food stamps for that when you can get 50% face value at the crack house.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 34 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.