Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hey all. I'm Polish, my parents escaped from communist poland in 1981 and I was born here in America when they arrived. I have been to Poland many times and we live like normal Poles do and keep up our traditions. I haven't been to Poland since I was a little boy and back then it wasn't quite as economically advanced as it is now. I have developed interests in hunting since living here in the states, and wish to explore America more, Canada and Alaska and maybe one day go to Africa. I am looking for a big bore rifle and am wondering if there are any Polish rifle companies that export their guns to U.S. I'd like to support Polish economy as much as possible. I have no problems supporting good American companies like ruger... but would prefer a Polish company.

Last edited by Polska; 05/30/11.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
GB1

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I found Lucznik Fabryka Bron.. (Lucznik Arms), which I know about already but they don't make hunting weapons as far as I know.

Last edited by Polska; 05/30/11.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No firearms, but these guys may be able to help you with chain maille...

Polish Hussar

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Haha. Polish Hussars were undefeated 121 years. They saved Europe from Islam invasion.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There used to be some type of arms manufactured in Radom Poland. You can get parts from midway, but I have no idea if they are sporterized or military type. I think all the arms manufacture that was done in Poland last century was done under communist rule. Once the revolution took place many smaller govt owned companies went under to make room for the the bigger capitalist industry.

Probably CZ is the best your gonna get. The last time I was in a Polish hunting the firearms in the shelves were all CZ and Browning.

If you do find some info about Polish made sporting arms please share, as I'd be interested. Just got back from Poland today, ate some boar from the puszcza kozienicka forest, drank some Lech, life is good smile

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TomM1
There used to be some type of arms manufactured in Radom Poland. You can get parts from midway, but I have no idea if they are sporterized or military type. I think all the arms manufacture that was done in Poland last century was done under communist rule. Once the revolution took place many smaller govt owned companies went under to make room for the the bigger capitalist industry.

Probably CZ is the best your gonna get. The last time I was in a Polish hunting the firearms in the shelves were all CZ and Browning.

If you do find some info about Polish made sporting arms please share, as I'd be interested. Just got back from Poland today, ate some boar from the puszcza kozienicka forest, drank some Lech, life is good smile

Glad you enjoy your time in my home land. Poland has lots of boar, also good elk hunting. For wildlife viewing we have lots of bison, bear and wolves and also lynx. Forests in Poland have a unique character unlike anywhere else in U.S. or Canada.

Last edited by Polska; 05/31/11.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Elk in Poland, just Red Deer and Moose.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Not a single industrial made hunting rifle at that time in Poland. May be some custom made by gunsmith, i don't know. They make military firearms for the polish army, assault rifle, submachine guns for exemple.
As cmg wrote no elk there: same family but it's called red deer:
Cervus elaphus in latin

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by cmg

elk is same as red deer. they are both Cervus Elephas just different sub species. Just like there are kamchatka brown bears, carpathian brown bears, alaskan coastal brown bears but they are all Ursus Arctos. Moose same thing - Alces Alces... no matter what corner of the world you go from Poland to Sweden to Canada to Maine... they are all Alces Alces, just different subspecies.

Don't be a asswipe trying to point out obvious mistakes in my grammar... i meant red deer.. i just call them elk because it's easier.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
IC B3

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Marseille

Not a single industrial made hunting rifle at that time in Poland. May be some custom made by gunsmith, i don't know. They make military firearms for the polish army, assault rifle, submachine guns for exemple.
As cmg wrote no elk there: same family but it's called red deer:
Cervus elaphus in latin

I know dude, I don't need you to educate me about my own country.. I just call it elk because its the same animal.. and easier for americans who aren't from europe to understand

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by cmg

CMG now I know why you stalk me so often and make it a point to provoke me... your GERMAN... you are typical german filth... no honor, no respect, no manners. Poland will surpass your country soon,. and soon you will be mowing my lawn.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Easy there Polska - this is a polite forum. You seem to get offended pretty quick - like with Marseilles comment, no need from what I have seen. We are all friends here first. My ancestry is mainly Polish and I am proud of it and tell people The Pope and Lech Welesa -hence the Poles, did more to end communism than any other Euro nation. I actually have a Polish firearm - my Tokarev 7.62x25 TT-33. I specifically wanted a Polish one- and for all the smart A##es here NO the bullets do not fire out the back!! :-)

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi polska, why do you calling name? You ask we try to answer, if you don't like the answer don't ask. Was polite and respectful, i think, as ever on the fire so i expect you be the same with me. If you don't like us just use the ignore button.
thanks
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Thank you kenjs1, did'nt want to hurt polska just explaining, i did'nt understand he knew about elk and red deer. As you wrote it's a rather easily offended guy. Does'nt matter....

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Thank you kenjs1, did'nt want to hurt polska just explaining, i did'nt understand he knew about elk and red deer. As you wrote it's a rather easily offended guy. Does'nt matter....

wasn't talking to you, I was talking to CMG

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Hi polska, why do you calling name? You ask we try to answer, if you don't like the answer don't ask. Was polite and respectful, i think, as ever on the fire so i expect you be the same with me. If you don't like us just use the ignore button.
thanks
Dom

I am talking to CMG... not you. Your information was very polite and helpful... but CMG's was designed to be smart ass comment

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Polska
Originally Posted by cmg

elk is same as red deer. they are both Cervus Elephas just different sub species.

Polska, I do not agree. Elk = Cervus Canadensis, not the same specie as the Cervus Elaphus. They only share the same family: "cervus".

They were believed to be from the same specie for a long time but DNA researches results published in Hunting Magazines (In Europe but I figure also in America) seemed to indicate the species were different.

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pay no mind to the sausage. This is his typical m.o. on the campfire.
He asks a question and then when people respond with something he doesn't want to read/hear he responds with attacks and foulness.
He is a troll.
Here are some of my favorite selected quotes from the sausage:
on hunting ethics
What is so pleasurable in killing something just for the sake of killing? There is no honor in wasting a groundhog for 200 yards. Or sitting in the safety of our treestand with a bow over a bait pile and shooting a bear or buck... not true woodsman, just pretenders

Its good to have respect for bears... its good to have respect for all animals.. regardless of whether they are able to kill your or not. I see so many people on these hunting shows killing pigs and deer and turkeys and other bueatiful animals for no reason other then sport... thats a bad reason, and a waste of time/money. If you don't need the meat let it live. The world does not revolve around us and animals have feelings too....just like IS ee people hunting big bears with .30-06's and .338's... because they are not man enough to shoot a real man's gun a real big bore that will humanely kill it. Would you like to be hunted and shot to death with a .22?? and Being shot at while hiking in the woods from unknown direction with a .22? And run and panic not knowing whats going on... that just ain't right. That being said... maybe some people are #2 on the food chain, but I know that I am #1 and I will always be #1 until the day I die Our intelligence is what makes us #1.. not our brute strength, which even I have but is not enough to over power a bear. I outsmart him.

a real classic

Well no armor can stop a grizz from killing you nless you are in armored vehicle. Thats when a self destruct device comes into play hahaha. When that [bleep] is chewing on me i'll blow myself and him up... just kidding. But its always good to leave one bullet for yourself... i'd rather blow myself up or shoot myself If I know I have no chance of fighting the bear off or if I know he's a maneather... better then be eaten alive

on al queda and chinese troops
Was thinking about this the other day... could a .375, 416, or 458 etc. penetrate hard body armor? I believe the strongest available and practical is rated to a .30-06 180 grain at 2800 fps. For some reason it came to my mind, I think I was pondering what I would do in a disaster scenario and al queda terrorists or china troops invaded and all i had was my big bore rifle whether it would penetrate their body armor if they had any

advising ingwe on what to with all his spare time

why are you wasting space on my thread. get a life, or go jerk off

advising RockyRaab(former NASA) on space related issues
Well your sources must be wrong... they have rocks they brought back from the apollo missions and also they exploded a rocket on the moon and scan the debris and both times found high levels of helium 3

It wouldn't even be that expensive. We have the techonology for space flight, and we have the technology to send satellites across the solar system to mars and jupiter, we can send a robot on mars... it's not too far fetched, especially since the moon is alot closer then mars. The apollo astronaut only took them 3 days to get to the moon. With todays technology much faster. All they need to do is line the dump trucks and equipment with ceramic or similar materials so they don't melt when leaving our atmosphere and come back... fromt he friction. The poles on the moon are ver moderate temperature and don't suffer the extreme as on other parts... you can place equipment there for long periods of time. They were planning on building a lunar outpost

it's definately there, the question is, will politics interfere

on public relations
Your a jerk off man, you need to get laid or get a life.. If I saw you in a bar or on the street i'd probably back hand you and make you my girlfriend

.. in real life, I would snap your neck.

on the .338 Lapua and hunting dangerous game.

This is INSANE... thats more than a .375 H&H and a smaller bullet, this thing must penetrate like heck..

Think it could suffice for the big 5... i'm not talking about what the laws are... the law says you must use a .375 diameter bullet, but laws aside... I think it would even be better then the bigger rounds, except maybe for stopping

more on hunting ethics
I don't believe in shotting any animal past 150 or 200 yards, until their is better technology in 10 or 20 years and we have laser like the predators.

on his physique

little i'm 285 pounds and can deadlift 800 pounds? I'm not the one who's hiding, your the one who's making comments behind a computer screen. Come to new york i'll take you on. I'm not scared.

on members wives
... and your wives are so ugly you can't even look at them when you wake up in the morning.

on why bison are tougher than cape buffalo
Thinner? it stands 7-9 feet high at the shoulder, and it has to fight off winter temperatures of -50 degrees fahrenheit with blowing winds at up to 100 miles per hour. It has to fend off packs of wolves that have more endurance then lions and can chase a bison for days without tiring and for 100's of miles. They have to fend off Kodiak and Grizzly bears which can weigh in excess of 1000 and up to 1,500 pounds. They have to fend off cougars also which are the same size as african leopards. So i wouldn't say they don't have to put up with as much.

The American bison which are larger then the cape buffalo and the largest species of buffalo in the world weighing in at 3,000 pounds was killed by american frontiersman with a .45-70. If it can work on our bison it can work on your buffalo

on safari preparedness

i've battled many things in my life, never dangerous game but packs of dirtbags as a security gaurd at a nightclub... i know what i'm capable of and i'm confident I could pull off a safari with my .45-70 if I had to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More here:
on 45-70s
all i wanted to do was take 200-250 grain bullet and push it to 2500-3000 fps and the uproar I got for that comment is ridiculous. all i asked was if this is possible and if someone has done it before, I didn't ask for lectures and naysayers and general nastiness. Maybe you should look at your posts.

on canada
Canada is a dump and it always was a dump.

canada again
It's all these damn Canadians, all they do is leach. They leach off their government and they leach and extort American and foreign hunters, cause their country has no economy and they know Canada, sadly, has the best hunting in North America besides alaskan and some northwestern states. Just look at any guide in quebec or ontario or new brunswick or new foundland... and see their rates, bet you won't find a decent one for under 10,000

on canadian guides
Some of these guides in Canada charge $10,000 for a moose hunt or caribou or bear. Thats just ridiculous!! How high do you think their operating costs are??? Some gas for the quad, a few boxes of rifle bullets and paying for their lease or paying off any loans for their property... these guys have deep pockets don't fool yourself.

What about these outfitters in Canada that are chargin 10 grand for a black bear hunt over bait, or a caribou or moose hunt for 12 grand. THATS INSANE, AND PEOPLE PAY IT. AND THESE CANADIAN LOSERS KNOW IT. They extort money from stupid people from america and other countries, cause Canada has no economy and no real jobs for them so they extort non-residents.

some wisdom
first of all have you ever shot a .45-70 or owned one, and shot all different types of loads with it, low power, full power, light weight, heavy weight. IF you did you would understand that it is the best all around gun ever made for home defense, dangerous game, deer, even some small game like wolves and coyotes, mountain lions. What makes it superior to your african rifles is that you can customize it's power you can go from low power and light weight for deer and small game, to full power and heavy weight bullets for grizzlies and african game. Plus it has the faster cycling of a lever action and you can hold any where from 6-10 cartridges, making it a perfect all around hunting gun. Go figure, something American is the best, not the first and not the last time.

Guides in alaska carry .45-70's and I think a 1,500 pound kodiak bear would eat your cape buffalo for breakfast.

.45-70

on bowhunting
Bull moose charges bowhunter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHu8KNRZ0bg

what a stupid ass these hunters are... bowhunting is stupid and barbaric.. the animals feel too much pain before they die

bull moose charges truck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40x89Q2o5Xw

The truth is the truth. Anyone can kill an animal with a bow and a little practice from a tree stand.

another nice one
Hey, CMG, I hope this happens to you!!

Cow moose stomping some guy almost to death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21LBIB5Gp8&feature=related

instructing on bear defense
Take your shotgun, if you have one, and get some slugs and shoot it at a stump, and you'll see they wont penetrated more then if you shove your pocket knife into it. Because a shotgun slug has a huge diamter... almost 3/4" and travels slow so it is hard for it to penetrate. A .45-70 is much better, and with stout loads its ideal. Even better would be a .375 H&H.. but i've read of bears being immune to the .375. Best would be safari type rifles - .416 rigby, remington, taylor, ruger etc. or even better 458 win mag or 458 lott.

Sure a 12 gauge shotgun is better then your hands, but it's asking for trouble. remember bears can spring up to 30 mph, that means if he's 100 yards away and wants to come up on you, he'll get there in under 3 or 4 seconds, you will have time to get off 1 shot maybe 2... so you want the most power possible.

Your better off with a .30-06 or .300 win mag with 250 grain bullets, than you are with a 12 gauge shotgun

I have no problems with Phil Shoemaker a.k.a. 458win. I'm not contradicting him. I think he knows way more about bears and hunting them then I will probably ever know unless i move to alaska and live there the rest of my life... which is a dream at this point. I've seen videos of people shooting bears with .375's and them not going down right away.. .and it makes sense, the .375 only shoots a 300 grain bullet, thats only a little bit larger then a .30-06. Bears don't need super fast bullets, they need moderate penetartions with big bullets that will do maximum damage for a humane kill.. don't bitch at me cause your not man enough to shoot a .416 or larger. I laugh when i hear about all these hunters going to alaska or africa with .338's or .375's... because they are afraid of recoil. It's all mental weakness, you need the courage, and fortitude and passion to practice and master a big bore. If you can't shoot a .458 lott as good as your .22, and your planning to hunt the most dangerou animal in the world... then you are stupid as hell and asking for trouble. You wouldn't change cut down a tree with a hacksaw would you? I mean you could... you could kill a bear witha .22 also. I didn't even read what Phil Shoemaker's comments, I just read the original post and commented. You can disagree with me but you don't have to get nasty.

Yes this is a polite forum, but as you can see from Polska's own words he is anything but polite in general.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 52 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,785
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.