Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Any experience with these boots? I have an older pair of Asolo Echos that aren't bad but it's about time for a new pair. Probably the last pair I will need and I would like to get it right the first time.

Thanks

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If they fit you the Asolo Sasslongs are great early to mid season boots.

Older Asolo Sasslong Thread

[Linked Image]

I just picked up a second pair a couple weeks ago for about $123! They fit me great!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Early to mid season? Does this mean that you consider them as spring/summer boots only? Or that they are hot in the summer?
Or not warm in fall and winter?

I don't like "hot" boots and have others for winter time.

Thanks

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

BigBuck:

I've used a pair of Asolo Sasslong for three years. I've gone on several backpack trips each summer in Colorado, used them for a lot of hiking and seven or eight hunting trips. I have no complaints. I use them all year long. I own several pairs of insulated boots but IMO insulated boots are not necessary 95% of the time. I live in Colorado and that's where I do most of my hiking, hunting, and backpacking. IMO it just doesn't get cold enough in Colorado to justify the extra weight of insulated boots. I suppose that if I lived in a northern tier state or Alaska, things might be different.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Early to mid season? Does this mean that you consider them as spring/summer boots only? Or that they are hot in the summer?
Or not warm in fall and winter?

I don't like "hot" boots and have others for winter time.

Thanks

The Sasslongs are fine for spring thru early fall (April thru Oct). I have used them in light snow (about 8") and they were fine. The rand does give them some insulation I suspect? I also wear Dr. Scholls inserts and sometimes Schnees wool insoles /gaiters if it becomes really cold or light snow.

These are definitely the best bang for your buck in a light to mid weight BP/hunting boot if they fit you.. In fact I'm thinking of buying a third pair and stashing them, they are that good!

MtnHtr

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, MtnHtr and KC. Reckon I'd better get a pair ordered today as they are on sale at Sierra Trading Post for Montana for 132.96 and no freight thru today. No tellin how much they will be next week but that's good enough for me.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
How does everyonefind these on sale for $120-130, at sierra trading, with there codes posted i havent got the final price ever under 150 plus shipping. If i could get a pair for 123 shipped i would definatly give them a try. Been trying for several months.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you shop with STP a lot, they will wear you out with email discounts. I think I get one every other day. Showing the Sassalongs at $132.96 today. Thinking about buying a pair to back up my Asolo TPS520's, my favorites but they are never on sale.I just bought some excellent Irish Setter snake boots that retail for $170 for $48 !

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
If you shop with STP a lot, they will wear you out with email discounts. I think I get one every other day. Showing the Sassalongs at $132.96 today. Thinking about buying a pair to back up my Asolo TPS520's, my favorites but they are never on sale.I just bought some excellent Irish Setter snake boots that retail for $170 for $48 !

They will never forget you!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
If they fit you the Asolo Sasslongs are great early to mid season boots.

Older Asolo Sasslong Thread

[Linked Image]

I just picked up a second pair a couple weeks ago for about $123! They fit me great!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

My new ones arrived yesterday so they got worn all day. Didn't go anywhere but they sure do feel good and fit right.
Just like yours, MtnHtr, only a half size bigger. Sure will try 'em out as soon as the snow cooperates in the Beartooths, if that happens this year. Pretty deep up there.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good deal, they should serve you well.

MtnHtr

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I decided I better wear my new pair of Sasslongs just to make sure nothing has changed since my first pair three yrs ago. This pair will be stashed until my first pair finally wears out.

Placed some Dr. Scholl's Tri Comfort insoles in each boot and did 30min at full vertical incline on the treadmill. Stopped a few times to adjust the lacing tension and squatted on my toes for a few minutes to break in the Vibram soles.

Not a blister or hot spot after the treadmill session and they actually felt close to sneaker shoe comfort when I was done.

Nothing like a a sweet fitting comfy hunting boot with minimal break-in:
[Linked Image]

MtnHtr

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Sasslongs are one of the better made boots, IMHO. I wear mine at least 6 days a weeks, all year long, whether for work (electrician), hiking or hunting. They offer great lateral stability for off trail and side hilling.

Mine are going on 3 years, and no holes or undone stitching to show. Also, the GoreTex is still very waterproof in them.

My only quibble is that I wish the Vibram sole at the heel was a little wider.

Good boot, but they tend to run a little on the small side. I'm a 12.5 and the 13 is a good fit. You guys with your little elf feet crack me up!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UncleJake
The Sasslongs are one of the better made boots, IMHO. I wear mine at least 6 days a weeks, all year long, whether for work (electrician), hiking or hunting. They offer great lateral stability for off trail and side hilling.

Mine are going on 3 years, and no holes or undone stitching to show. Also, the GoreTex is still very waterproof in them.

My only quibble is that I wish the Vibram sole at the heel was a little wider.

Good boot, but they tend to run a little on the small side. I'm a 12.5 and the 13 is a good fit. You guys with your little elf feet crack me up!

Yeah, go ahead and laugh at us normal people. grin

I bet you catch a cold pretty easy being as so much of you is on the ground all the time. HA!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, but I don't need snowshoes or a canoe!! grin

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
And you get more for your money than us normal guys do as I paid the same for my "little" boots as you did for them snow shoes. Ain't fair!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hey MtnHtr, have you weighed the shoes as pictured?

How tall are those boots?

I sifted thru the Asolo site and didn't see much.

STP stayes 3.5lbs with 5.5" height.

Just wanted to see if those numbers are close?

Thx!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by WDEA
Hey MtnHtr, have you weighed the shoes as pictured?

How tall are those boots?
I sifted thru the Asolo site and didn't see much.

STP stayes 3.5lbs with 5.5" height.

Just wanted to see if those numbers are close?

Thx!

Mine are size 10 Wides

7.5" tall

3lbs, 7oz on my fish scale

MtnHtr

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They are on sale right now plus there's a $20 discount coupon at http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

It's such a good deal that I ordered a spare pair and they are offered in 1/2 sizes.

Total cost including shipping is $135.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How did you get 135.00? It's coming up 151.00 for me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.