-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deon Optical gave us the excellant Nightforce lineup.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by kcTbear
So, how does March pull off it's reputation with such high magnifications in their line-up?
Curious how they're defeating the exit pupil theory with their 80x scopes on a 50mm objective. Or even their 50x scopes for that matter? No cloudy, dimminished (low light)view?
Are they doing something with their construction or just have such badass glass(:)that the selling price can command an audience? What gives?

I have there 8X80 scope and it is the best scope I own.

When I have it turned up above 50 I need to have it mounted in a gun rest due to my shaking.

At above 60 I can notice the light transmission diminishing slightly and at 80 it grays a little but what can you expect from a 80 power hubble telescope on a rifle.

I do not have any experience with S&B & Henzolt scopes but it beat the nightforce scope that was priced the same and it beats my swaro power to power.

In my opinion it is the best scope I have ever looked through

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Can not waite until I return back to the states on the 1st of July. My new March 10x60 tactical is waiting for me on top of my safe. I bought it without even handling or looking through the glass on one. Just heard rave reviews from everyone that has one. All these people can not be wrong by saying how great they are

Last edited by andrews1958; 06/15/11.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Can not waite until I return back to the states on the 1st of July. My new March 10x60 tactical is waiting for me on top of my safe. I bought it without even handling or looking through the glass on one. Just heard rave reviews from everyone that has one. All these people can not be wrong by saying how great they are

That is the way I bought mine and I wished I had the money to buy another one.
A Hunting model.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have there 8X80 scope and it is the best scope I own.
it beat the nightforce scope that was priced the same and it beats my swaro power to power

Now we can't let it slip by that you are saying something is better than a Swarovski; especially when it cost less. Aren't you ashamed?!

When I posted my personal experience with scopes which I purchased several folks, who probably never looked through a scope costing over $500, told me "you get what you pay for". And some did it with the utmost animosity.

I maintain you get what you shop for by comparing and beleiving what folks who actually post their experinces with the optics in question.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I took my March scope to my favorite gun shop and let the salesman and any customers who wanted to look through it do so.

They had a Nightforce scope priced the same as my march, set at the same power about 8 people looked through both of the scopes and a couple of people said they saw no difference between the scopes but all of the salesman in the store said that the March was the better scope.

As for My Swaro yes it is a less expensive scope and I did not take that into consideration but power for power the Swaro set at 24 and the March set at 24 everyone that has looked through them side by side prefers the March.

Cost aside I like the March scope better just my opinion about what I own and have looked through.
Some day I would like to look through a Henzolt and S&B but I have not seen anyone at the range with them yet maybe some day

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you don't mind and you have a way to do it, would you put some kind of eye chart or line chart about 500 yards distant and see what magnification setting is required for each.

When I did that with my Nightforce and z5 Swaro the Nightforce needed 12X to resolve the detail while the z5 required 16 1/2X. Of course they are intended for different things, but the magnification should not be that far apart.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have already done something like that with the Swaro and the March and through my scopes it takes less magnification to see clearly with the March at 600 yards.

Although I do not remember the exact difference.

Last edited by funshooter; 06/15/11.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.