Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by redmtn
Well I should hope cause so far its been quite a embarrassment.

Yep. Keep telling yourself that. Sounds like you might eventually convince yourself but don't count on too much company.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ok

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are reporting that a few hundred fans showed at the airport to greet the Bruins, that's shameful right there.
With airport security the way it is, do you think their going to allow thousands of fans into the airport to greet them? I dont think so. There were some 500+ fans at the TD Garden to greet them and there will be a whole hell of lot more than that come Saturday in Beantown.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Lucic was interviewed earlier today thanking the Vancouver fans for staying for the cup presentation and giving him a big cheer when he hoisted the cup, like I said before the booing was for Bettman not the Bruins.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might be tough to fit Weber under the cap. Detroit has 6 million to spare. Grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lucic was interviewed earlier today thanking the Vancouver fans for staying for the cup presentation and giving him a big cheer when he hoisted the cup, like I said before the booing was for Bettman not the Bruins.
I saw that and was quite surprised that he was cheered and not booed. Glad he plays for the Bruins, he's a helluva hockey player.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Cap goes up 3 mil this year and we most likely won't be signing a few players. We have a leg up as Weber being from BC plus playing junior hockey here for the Kelowna Rockets, not to mention being good friends with Dan Hamhuis, a previous Predator himself. Almost forgot, Vegas has picked us as heavy favorites to win the cup whistle

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hard to riot with a couple hundred fans.

That's all the canucks got left.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'd be emabarrassed too if I had Lord Stanley's cup in my hands, only to have it fall out while I was choking. At least you admit it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cap goes up 3 mil this year and we most likely won't be signing a few players. We have a leg up as Weber being from BC plus playing junior hockey here for the Kelowna Rockets, not to mention being good friends with Dan Hamhuis, a previous Predator himself. Almost forgot, Vegas has picked us as heavy favorites to win the cup whistle

lol

It'll be interesting to see what he garners as a free agent in qualifying offers.

Man what an addition to any contender's roster.

As for the riots, I live on our border and my opinion of "mush heads" remains high. Not so much for the sad sacks responsible for the rioting and Quebecois in general. grin

I Burn While I See
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dwayne,

Good to hear your friends made it out in one piece and I do hope you and yours are well too.

The last 2 Cups won by the Wings were a hoot. The people by and large were just out to celebrate a bit. Very very few turds actually caused trouble and we managed to cull them from the crowds right quick.

I Burn While I See
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tzone

I'd be emabarrassed too if I had Lord Stanley's cup in my hands, only to have it fall out while I was choking. At least you admit it.

You're pretty funny considering that your team finished 12th out of the 15 teams in the NW Division.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mac84

lol

It'll be interesting to see what he garners as a free agent in qualifying offers.

Man what an addition to any contender's roster.

As for the riots, I live on our border and my opinion of "mush heads" remains high. Not so much for the sad sacks responsible for the rioting and Quebecois in general. grin

I believe Weber is a restricted free agent this year which makes the price of signing him too high. Next year he becomes unrestricted and he can sign where he wants. Definitely there will be a bidding war for his service as he is arguably the best defense man in the league.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A 17 year old kid from the Vancouver suburbs came home from the riot to find his folks waiting up for him.Turns out they had seen what he was up to on the late news,and they marched him straight to the local RCMP detatchment.He is noe facing 5 charges.A lot of these idiots posted their exploits and trophies on Facebook,the cops are tracking them down and they have also recieved 1900 phot0s from the public identifying some of these clowns.Hopefully they'll get whats coming to them. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Unfortunately his parents will probably have to pay his fine. Should make these guys clean the streets for a year or two.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Unfortunately his parents will probably have to pay his fine. Should make these guys clean the streets for a year or two.

Sweeping a street?...guess he will learn his lesson

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are reporting that a few hundred fans showed at the airport to greet the Bruins, that's shameful right there.

After the Buffalo Bills lost their first Super Bowl in 1990, about 40,000 of their faithful turned out in Niagara Square to welcome them home. The Buffalo fans consoled themselves with the fact that only several hundred Giants fans were on hand at Newark International to welcome the champions home. All of these years later all that people remember is that the Giants were the winners and the Bills were the losers.

So, go ahead and make yourself feel better by latching on to minutia . One year, five years, twenty years from now you will be the only one to remember how many folks were at the airport. The rest of the world will remember that the Bruins were the winners and the Canucks were the losers.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No I will not be the only one, the Bruin's players will remember it as well. Sounds like they will make up for it Saturday anyway, so who cares.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Monashee
A 17 year old kid from the Vancouver suburbs came home from the riot to find his folks waiting up for him.Turns out they had seen what he was up to on the late news,and they marched him straight to the local RCMP detatchment.He is noe facing 5 charges.A lot of these idiots posted their exploits and trophies on Facebook,the cops are tracking them down and they have also recieved 1900 phot0s from the public identifying some of these clowns.Hopefully they'll get whats coming to them. Monashee

I was wondering when the reports like this would start coming in with all the videos and phone cameras evident. Glad to hear it. The focus of blame should be squarely on the shoulders of those responsible, and not anywhere else.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Another one 18 years old,a private school boy with an excellent scholastic and athletic record.His father is a prominent Vancouver surgeon.THe father phoned the Vancouver police with evidence of the kid's complicity and guaranteed the kid would be at the cop shop Saturday morning bright and early. Monashee

Last edited by Monashee; 06/17/11.

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.