-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Canadian government is going to vote on whether or not they should keep wasting our tax money bombing in Libya?? I think if they want Kadafi out then they should just kill him and quit wasting time with all the target practice, what are your thoughts?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Killing him is a good idea, probably have to destroy his weapons as well so one of his crazy sons or wacko generals doesn't pick up where the he left off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Killing him is a bad idea. And invading a sovereign country is a much worse idea. We here in the America's need to stop trying to police the world and start to worry about our own countries.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by moosemike
Killing him is a bad idea. And invading a sovereign country is a much worse idea. We here in the America's need to stop trying to police the world and start to worry about our own countries.

Ditto

Canada and the US dont need to monkey with this one.

.....civilize 'em with a Krag
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no we should not be in this war it has no strategic value to our National Security

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IMO we need to pull our troops out of these eastern undeclared wars. The tribes seem to have been feuding for hundreds of years and probably as soon as all the troops from the various countries get out things will return to the way they always were.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
CanuckShooter;
I'm hoping that this finds you well and that you're far enough off the banks of any flooding rivers this spring.

I didn't catch what the outcome of the vote was yesterday, but in my opinion, with the understanding that I have of the situation, I'd hope that we stop.

If I'm correct, we were in there at the behest of Britain and France?

It seems "everyone" has ignored the depredations taking place in Syria, as well as a few other neighboring countries, in order to focus on Libya this time. The situation would be ironic and perhaps even comical in a twisted sense if we weren't asked to do that so often. frown

We Canucks do have a history in doing such things though, like when we boycotted South Africa because they didn't allow folks of the same skin tone to coexist on a beach (which is wrong and I don't support in any way,shape or form), but we poured millions into the despot a couple countries up who was merrily wiping out between 1-2 million of the opposing tribe.....Makes sense to me. crazy

Since history has always been a favorite topic of my reading, I've done a wee bit of it on that part of the world. As others have noted, north Africa - well all of Africa actually - has been embroiled in tribal wars for a long, long time now. The same could be said of Afghanistan if I understand what I read.

Why we believe we can break this cycle is beyond the scope of my current level of understanding.

Should anyone think that any of the above means that I don't support our military or the military of our allies, they could not be more wrong. On the contrary I pray for our service men and women and their families daily. I am deeply saddened that all will not be returning home,

Have a good weekend CanuckShooter.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish we could have similar vote here. Who will we hand the government over to anyway?

Last edited by 1minute; 06/20/11.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
The Canadian government is going to vote on whether or not they should keep wasting our tax money bombing in Libya?? I think if they want Kadafi out then they should just kill him and quit wasting time with all the target practice, what are your thoughts?

Have to re-think my opinion given all the negative responses hmmmmmmm... Nope same answer comes up, some people need killing and he is one of them.

Last edited by n007; 06/20/11.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know a "Redneck" here in Kansas that thinks that "Libya" is
part of the Female anatomy !

We North Americans seem to believe that we can bring cultures that are thousands of years behind in "Social Evolution" into the
21st. century in just a few years. We can't ! It took Americans 300 years ! From the tme Columbus landed in 1492 it took all those Freedom loving Pilgrims until 1792 to draw up our Constitution !

When are we, in the "Civilized" world going to realize that most of the people around the world that we want to "Democratize" still wipe their asses with rocks !

I really believe that it is all about Money and Power !

Rabbitdog

Shriners Helping Kids
IC B3

R
R
I'll throw in my $2 worth.....I think it's all to do with the oil that these countries hold in reserves.....USA want s to use up all other countries oil before starting on the immense reserves that are held in USA and Canada. So stands to reason that a friendly govt. in each war zone is a standard requirement.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Really wonder why they are 'playing' around when they could just zap a couple of missles into his lair and be done with it?? I bet some NATO countries wouldn't like it if they just made it look like an execution.????.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,415
Posts18,528,222
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.