Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
on the internet, why can't we all communicate, even though we disagree?

should we vote to undo/eliminate the "ignore" button?

throw everyone into the pool, and carry on, why won't that work?

i'm sick of the ignore button. ignore who, at the voting place?

let's talk about the world in which we exist? sure, we won't all agree, but why ignore anyone??

let's hear what is said. we can agree or disagree. who give's a crap?

let's post it, and if you agree fine. if you disagree, then just ignore it. ok?? but, let's put it out there, and see what happens next? isn't that free speech?

humans, living on the internet. what do they have to say? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
foad

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by okok
foad

a poor messenger you are.

but, i love you just the same. grin

we're not into mess
eangers, but we do appreciate your efforts.

eating the Earth, what a concept. ever thought about it? i sincerely hope not. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I vote to keep the ignore button. Some are beyond having a reasonable discussion, they feed on negativity and causing distress. They either put on blinders to the facts, or are intentionally ignorant when it comes to discussion.

For those individuals, the ignore button is great. It allows members to keep their blood pressure at a moderate level. It also serves a second purpose, which is to starve the attention whore of attention, much like you would a wildfire of a fuel source.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus

let's talk about the world in which we exist? sure, we won't all agree, but why ignore anyone??

let's post it, and if you agree fine. if you disagree, then just ignore it. ok?? but, let's put it out there, and see what happens next? isn't that free speech?

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. There are many on here who, when they disagree yet find themselves incapable of generating effective arguments, are incapable of remaining civil. Those are the only folks I have on ignore. Who needs that?

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lumpia
I vote to keep the ignore button. Some are beyond having a reasonable discussion, they feed on negativity and causing distress. They either put on blinders to the facts, or are intentionally ignorant when it comes to discussion.

For those individuals, the ignore button is great. It allows members to keep their blood pressure at a moderate level. It also serves a second purpose, which is to starve the attention whore of attention, much like you would a wildfire of a fuel source.
Well said.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well.................................

Attached Images
IDGAFnotebook.gif (74.7 KB, 46 downloads)

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I see the ignore button as a personal failure.

As Bristoe would say "it's the innanet". I may view some here with contempt, but they are few and far between. The attention whores are seen as nothing more than a source of great humor.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Well said.

well, yeah. none of us can agree down to the last tittle, and related. i wish we could, but we can't.

noone ever has to respond to any posting, in so far as i know? but, it's an open enterprise. post as we please, and hope for some positive outcome, sooner or later?

my point is that a posting without a communitive enterprise is a waste of energy and resources. no matter how much one disagrees, post up, or ignore said poster. we're looking for cnstructive disagreements and agreements. nothing beyond that, as a perfected military statement. in other words, we're not into certainty, we're into opinions, ok? grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
*** You are ignoring this user ***
I'm sorry. What was that? grin

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The ignore button is just a convenient editing tool. Life is too short to read everything, so we pick and chose what to read. The ignore saves time.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gus

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. There are many on here who, when they disagree yet find themselves incapable of generating effective arguments, are incapable of remaining civil. Those are the only folks I have on ignore. Who needs that?

you use ignore cause you are a wuss and can't face the truth or conflict. you hide behind it but are a peeker...proves my point to a "T" wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
... they feed on negativity and causing distress.

They seem to derive great pleasure from doing so.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

Well Gus, some are just beyond the effort, so why be exposed to the rudeness or insults? Sometimes "trying to communicate" is a fruitless effort and at times not worthy of the time, so why not just block it out?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The ignore button is communicating.

Its communicating I don't want to take the chance of wasting time to see if the next post an idiot posts might actually have something worthwhile in it.

Also, IMHO, this is a conservative type hunting forum basically. Sure we chit chat about other stuff. The seperate forums show that to an extent, but when you run into plumb stupid and or plumb stupid troll like oldman...
Well the button would save you some grief.

Me, I have not used the button so far. But I rarely do more than glance at posts made by idiots. But sometimes I do and feel the need to reply just take make myself feel better.

But DFTFT really fits and the ignore button could help some follow that guideline.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
S'matter? So many have you on ignore that only the libbies will talk to ya?

Ya make yer bed - ya lie in it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

Ya make yer bed - ya lie in it..

Well said!! He's been ignored so much lately the only way to get a response is post up a thread...Silence can be golden,it's working!!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't have Gus on ignore. I can choose to post in one of his threads or not. "*******" is on my ignore. You can disagree without being disagreeable. But "******* cannot do that. I can't imagine sitting around a campfire with him and conducting reasonable verbal discourse.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

As Bristoe would say "it's the innanet". I may view some here with contempt, but they are few and far between. The attention whores are seen as nothing more than a source of great humor.

George

Very well said!! grin I could not agree more.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RS308MX

George

Very well said!! grin I could not agree more.
"I hate rude behvior in a man. I won't tolerate it."

[Linked Image]

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,424 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,591
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.